Winterizing Blues - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 05-19-2020, 11:32 AM   #1

Trailer: 2013 17b
Winterizing Blues

Dear Folks,
A couple of years ago, I moved from Myrtle Beach to Aurora CO. I normally winterized my 2013 17b in Sept. However, this past year 2019, I dropped the ball! On Oct 9 the temp dropped from 81 to 12. When, I did winterize the trailer using compressed air I felt I had a leak showing itself in the shower.
With fear and trepidation, I de-winterized the camper for my annual trip to WY to search for dinosaur fossils. I have a problem for sure. Here are the symptoms: When the water is turned on with city water or with pump clear water flows from underneath the toilet and I do hear a spraying sound from underneath the toilet. I suppose, I need to remove the toilet and attempt to find the leak!
Any advice from seasoned campers would be very much appreciated. Is this a problem I can fix myself?
Thanks,
Steve
steve1844 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 11:55 AM   #2

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Escapes used to have low point drain for winterizing but when they switched toilets realize water was trapped in a low point an it would freeze. I think that is the issue, remove the toilet and find the broken part for replacement. Next year use antifreeze and install the e-z-winterization kit available.