Winterizing T-valve and rear exterior hatch - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 09-25-2017, 09:07 PM   #1

Trailer: escape 21, 2018
Winterizing T-valve and rear exterior hatch

We are working on our build sheet for a 21and need some clarification on whether using the winterizing t-valve is easier if we order the rear exterior hatch door under the dinette on the driver's side. Is the winterizing t-valve an accessory that gets used from the outside of the trailer or is it built in and needs the hatch door to access?

The question comes from not really understanding the location of the winterizing t-valve. We asked at our visit to ETI, but didn't get a clear answer, or at least an answer that we remember. We want to omit the rear hatch door because access inside the trailer seems more than adequate, but don't want to miss an important need for the door.

Tom and Nancy Snow
snowmtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 09:15 PM   #2

Trailer: 2006 8.5' Alaskan. 2008 Scamp 16. 2015 Escape 21
The winterizing valve on my 21 is under the bed near the water pump.
Ditchrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 09:33 PM   #3

I think that clarifies it. I was thinking the water hookup was under the dinette in the rear of the trailer and so the t-valve would be there
Old 09-25-2017, 09:56 PM   #4

Trailer: 2010 EggCamper (#083); 2017 Escape 21 (#053); 2016 F-150 5.0L FX4
Hold on just a minute! I'm not familiar with details of the water supply layout of the 1st generation 2015 21' model, but in our 2017 (2nd generation) 21', the water pump and winterizing t-valve are indeed located under the driver side dinette seat (rear; see photo). We ordered the rear driver side exterior hatch, and I can easily reach in through the rear hatch (to the left) to access the water pump and winterizing t-valve with attached suction hose for lowering into the jug of antifreeze (after removing the power cords and wheel chocks I store there). It's also easy to reach the primary electrical components through the rear hatch (to the right). We love the rear hatch for electrical cords, wheel chocks, etc., and use the front hatch for water hoses and other water-related things (filter, pressure regulator, etc.), so we don't need a front utility box and plan to use that tongue space for a bike rack.
Attached Thumbnails
DSC09479.jpg   DSC09447.jpg  
War Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 10:25 PM   #5

Thanks, War Eagle! A picture is worth a lot!
Nancy
Old 09-26-2017, 07:58 AM   #6

Trailer: 2010 EggCamper (#083); 2017 Escape 21 (#053); 2016 F-150 5.0L FX4
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmtn View Post
Thanks, War Eagle! A picture is worth a lot!
Nancy
You are more than welcome, Nancy. Let me know if there is anything else you are curious about on a 2017 21' that a photo would help you visualize.
War Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote