Would love to see a 5.0 single axle ! - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 10-27-2015, 05:29 PM   #1

Trailer: 2010 Casita
Would love to see a 5.0 single axle !

My wife (of 55 years!) and I would love to take a look at an Escape 5.0 single axle model. We are in the Fort Worth/Dallas area and are hoping to find a local owner who would be kind enough to give us the grand tour of her/his 5.0.

We are just beginning to 'flirt' with the idea of selling our beloved 17' Casita and "move up" to a 5.0 single axle. We are aware that this configuration is no longer made by Escape, so we would be looking for a pre-loved unit (isn't everyone? )

We have not yet made a decision which is the reason we want to see one "in person." We love our little Casita and have done a LOT of work to make it one of the nicest Casitas around... well, we thing so! (a few photos here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/rfpd30...57626742329244 )

Today, we looked at a brand new 2015 tandem axle 5.0... it was absolutely spectacular and its new owner rightfully proud and enthusiastic... he was a very gracious host. Even so, we're still thinking the older, single axle might be best for us.

So, if anyone in the Fort Worth/Dallas has one and wouldn't mind giving a "tour" please let us know... we would be most grateful.

All the best!

Rob & Linda
Rob and LInda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 06:56 PM   #2

Trailer: None yet...Dreaming of an Escape!
Hi Rob and Linda,

You did a beautiful job customizing your Casita! Gorgeous!
Old 10-27-2015, 07:07 PM   #3

Trailer: 2015 Escape 21
Wow that is a beautiful trailer! I ordered fabric for ours that arrived a lot lighter/whiter than I thought it would be. Yours is the first trailer I've seen with something similar. Now I'm not so worried about how mine is going to look.
Jill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 07:17 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill View Post
Wow that is a beautiful trailer! I ordered fabric for ours that arrived a lot lighter/whiter than I thought it would be. Yours is the first trailer I've seen with something similar. Now I'm not so worried about how mine is going to look.
Thanks, Jill, for the compliments; you, too, Denise! We really like the light "vanilla" upholstery. You really can't tell from the photos, but the upholstery is marine vinyl.

Rob
Old 10-27-2015, 07:22 PM   #5

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Have you given any thought to the other Escape pull behind units. You seem very handy with tools and with a new trailer you will have a "blank canvas" so to speak whereas a used unit will probably have someone else's handiwork. In addition, Escape has a lot of newer items not previously available, for example the furnace, the solar, the system display center all have been upgraded recently. Of course there are the options and the fact Escape will do a lot of customization for you, none of which would be in an older 5.0 model.
Old 10-27-2015, 07:28 PM   #6

Trailer: 2015 Escape 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob and LInda View Post
Thanks, Jill, for the compliments; you, too, Denise! We really like the light "vanilla" upholstery. You really can't tell from the photos, but the upholstery is marine vinyl.

Rob
We are doing something similar, using ultra leather. So I'm not too worried about the clean up and wear, I was mostly worried that the color might be bland, but you've done a great job cheering it up with your curtains. And I'll be doing the same with some pretty wild pillows and maybe eventually curtains too.
Jill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 07:54 PM   #7

Trailer: Escape 21' 2016
We have followed all your wonderful and creative mods on your Casita while we were enjoying our Casita SD 17'. You are an amazing fine woodworker, and have an incredible sense of creativity. We have upgraded to a 21' as we did not want to have to buy another vehicle, i.e., pickup truck. We will pull it with our Toyota 4Runner. The dual axle 5.0's are equally beautiful, and have the benefit of a queen bed in the 'loft'. We hope you find what you are looking for! I'm sure it will be a work of art!
2005 Toyota 4Runner
Carla Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 07:56 PM   #8

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0 TA
Hi Rob,
We sold our 5.0 to upgrade to the 5.0TA, or you could see ours. FYI, there is a 5.0 for sale at the PPL (Person to Person) In Houston. You can view it online. I don't know anything about the condition, owner etc

Good luck
bnjones173 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 07:57 PM   #9

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 -- The Skylark. Towed by a 2014 Highlander
Your Casita looks gorgeous. I hope you buy an Escape, just so you can show us all the changes you will make
Old 10-27-2015, 10:29 PM   #10

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Rob and Linda, such fantastic work you have done on your Casita. You must need more projects if you are going to let all of those go! You are quite the woodworker and decorator. Hope you can see a 5.0 and we can't wait to see what you do with your Escape!
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 06:37 PM   #11

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
My wife (of 55 years!) and I would love to take a look at an Escape 5.0 single axle model. We are in the Fort Worth/Dallas area and are hoping to find a local owner who would be kind enough to give us the grand tour of her/his 5.0.

We are just beginning to 'flirt' with the idea of selling our beloved 17' Casita and "move up" to a 5.0 single axle. We are aware that this configuration is no longer made by Escape, so we would be looking for a pre-loved unit (isn't everyone? )

We have not yet made a decision which is the reason we want to see one "in person." We love our little Casita and have done a LOT of work to make it one of the nicest Casitas around... well, we thing so! (a few photos here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/rfpd30...57626742329244 )

Today, we looked at a brand new 2015 tandem axle 5.0... it was absolutely spectacular and its new owner rightfully proud and enthusiastic... he was a very gracious host. Even so, we're still thinking the older, single axle might be best for us.

So, if anyone in the Fort Worth/Dallas has one and wouldn't mind giving a "tour" please let us know... we would be most grateful.

All the best!

Rob & Linda
Hi: Rob & Linda... Your wish to look and own a single axle might be just around the corner. Pearland Texas to be exact. Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 06:47 PM   #12

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by escape artist View Post
Hi: Rob & Linda... Your wish to look and own a single axle might be just around the corner. Pearland Texas to be exact. Alf
http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f3...tml#post117021
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 10:50 PM   #13

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Yeah, I'd say you've done a lot of work to your Casita! Stunning!
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 02:38 PM   #14

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:

All the best!

Rob & Linda
Hi: Rob & Linda... driessa a member here is just getting ready to list their 5.0 single axle for sale. They're down near Houston though!!! Alf
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 04:03 PM   #15

Thanks to all who responded to our post! Since our original post, we have seen a new tandem axle 5.0 (gorgeous!) and have learned quite a bit about the fine Escape line... 'pull behinds' and fifth wheels. Clearly, Escape builds a premium product and it's easy to understand the owners loyalty as well as their appreciation and enjoyment of their own Escapes. Lucky folks!

As for Linda and I, we have decided that our 'flirtation' with the notion of selling the Casita and buying an Escape [single axle] 5.0 is over. Try as we may, we find it just doesn't make sense right now. Despite our recent 'wandering eyes,' we do love our Casita and have enjoyed it so much, it's hard to think in terms of not having it (it is pretty nice). Further, we can hardly stand the very thought of giving up our member-of-the-family Toyota Land Cruiser.

So, that's it for us for now. I hope that we will be welcome to 'lurk' here on the Escape boards... who knows what tomorrow may bring?

Thanks for the friendly hospitality; our best to all!

Rob and Linda
Old 11-10-2015, 04:46 PM   #16

Trailer: Escape 21' 2016
We have followed your many years of beautiful mods on your Casita, and we can certainly understand your hesitancy of selling and switching. You would have a line of interested buyers backed up to Florida! Additionally, in all your mods, you have been so gracious to provide detailed information and pictures to members of the Casita forum, so as not to have to 'reinvent the wheel'. i.e., your 'easy to drop' dining table, your lovely custom wood door, etc., etc.. I could go on and on. We recently sold our Casita in two hours for full price, and now we anxiously await our Escape 21'. We, too, loved our Casita, but it is time for a little more room. (Two-foot-itis). Here's to many more years on the road!
2005 Toyota 4Runner
Carla Jean is offline   Reply With Quote