17A storage under permanent bed - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-16-2021, 12:42 PM   #1

Trailer: Escape 17A 2020
17A storage under permanent bed

We just got our 17A and have discovered a problem with the storage area under the permanent bed. It is a large area with no outside access. Surely things will be moving around in transit and we're wondering how we will retrieve things after they move. AND there is a cabinet door that isn't the whole width. Any ideas. My husband thinks he can rig up pull strings on storage boxes so we can pull them forward if we need to.
annieo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2021, 03:44 PM   #2

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19

I am not exactly sure what a 17 is like but I was able to put two rows of crates side by side under my 19 bed for a total of 8 cubic feet of storage. I like the crates because of the vertical sides and no exposed handles and rims to waste space.

If you want to see what I did, go to the link below and check out posts # 14, 52, 177.
Attached Thumbnails
DFBC115E-4534-44CC-9C86-280491C36394.jpg  

https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8...ape-12918.html
Eggscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2021, 08:37 PM   #3

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17A
On our 17A (classic 2015 edition), we have 3 access doors: One is on the right, with no framing underneath, and is for our porta-potty to slide out and in (it's on a plywood base with furniture glides).

The other two doors are a pair, with no vertical divider in the middle, and allows us to store our camping chairs, and other misc. supplies under the bed.
We had gotten an exterior hatch installed on the driver's side, but have never used it. Build photos below.
Attached Thumbnails
9-01-15--013.jpg   9-10-15--098.jpg  
dfandrews is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
storage, under bed storage