19' Under-bed storage - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login

Old 09-15-2013, 12:51 PM   #21

Slide out Dummied

Hey Rich,
As you can see from the pictures this is just dummied up IE the wood panel is not long enough. Though the width is about right I am going with either slide out full width 28” and 40” long max or two slide outs like 3498hyt did splitting the dimensions and allowing space for mounting. Though using side slides not bottom slides as he did. The white angles are just what I had laying around they are actually short for my slides yours when you order them maybe different but I will be using 2” Alum Angle. You see how to mount them though legs facing in using a span of 4” – 6” between fasteners KEEP THE FASTNERS about Ύ” or 5/8” counter sunk into the alum you could use pan heads too I just like the countersunk ones. Ensure they are threaded for wood / plastic not metal (Thread Spacing is wider for wood) so they grip the wood floor better. The wood I will be using is ½” birch plywood cut so the grain runs perpendicular to slides for strength (Still Waiting for one of the wood worker aces to tell me what color matches the interior:}). The sides and back are edged with 2” Alum L angle using a 45 Deg miter cut on the bottom to get nice corners in the back this gives you an 1 ½” lip to prevent sliding off of any bins. The front lip will be encapsulated in a ½” alum U channel as shown to give support and prevent wear to the edge. I am debating that I may use the 2” too in order to prevent slide of bins toward the doors but I have a retention system for that. Note the side angles and the slide mounts will extend Ύ” to allow for a hole to be drilled through both and a pin dropped in to keep the slide in place while moving. If you need further information or want full sized photos after it is made you will have to wait I was planning on doing that mod when the weather is cooler.
Click image for larger version

Name:	SlidesFullExtension.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	175.0 KB
ID:	3532

Name:	RtSideMount.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	175.7 KB
ID:	3533

Name:	PlatformWith SlidesClosed.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	155.8 KB
ID:	3534

Name:	PlatformSlidesPartExtend.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	151.3 KB
ID:	3535

Name:	PlatformEdgingFront.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	148.1 KB
ID:	3536

Name:	PlatformEdging.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	147.4 KB
ID:	3537

Name:	LftSideMount.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	176.9 KB
ID:	3538
Cypherian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 04:17 PM   #22

Trailer: 2018 Airstream Flying Cloud (Escape 19 & 5.0 previously)
Thanks a lot! Pictures truly are worth a thousand words. Nice fabrication!
Zardoz is offline   Reply With Quote