2005 17B interior updates - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-13-2017, 08:23 PM   #1

Trailer: 2004 Escape 17b
2005 17B interior updates

We embarked on a project to update our 17B over the Winter. First, we carefully cut out the linoleum and it thankfully peeled out in one piece. We purchased Isocore Allure wide plank vinyl flooring, which looks remarkably like real distressed wood, but can take spills, cleaning etc. I built the trailer "floor" in the garage and laid the sheet of linoleum over it, and marked out a template, then rebuilt the pieces in the trailer and it dropped in perfectly thanks to the linoleum staying in one piece. Then it was on to freeing the world of golden oak. We removed all the doors and drawers and built a temporary spray booth, and primed them all and painted them with Benjamin Moore Ultra Spec 500. The actual cabinets had to be brushed on and took several coats. We did the fridge panel with Rustoleum magnetic primer and finished in chalk board paint. Some fresh upholstery and cushions were added and we're ready to hit the road this season.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0339.jpg   IMG_0337.jpg   IMG_0332.jpg   IMG_0336.jpg  
Seymourcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 08:32 PM   #2

Trailer: 2012 Escape 15 A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seymourcat View Post
We embarked on a project to update our 17B over the Winter. First, we carefully cut out the linoleum and it thankfully peeled out in one piece. We purchased Isocore Allure wide plank vinyl flooring, which looks remarkably like real distressed wood, but can take spills, cleaning etc. I built the trailer "floor" in the garage and laid the sheet of linoleum over it, and marked out a template, then rebuilt the pieces in the trailer and it dropped in perfectly thanks to the linoleum staying in one piece. Then it was on to freeing the world of golden oak. We removed all the doors and drawers and built a temporary spray booth, and primed them all and painted them with Benjamin Moore Ultra Spec 500. The actual cabinets had to be brushed on and took several coats. We did the fridge panel with Rustoleum magnetic primer and finished in chalk board paint. Some fresh upholstery and cushions were added and we're ready to hit the road this season.
Wow ..... That is a serious update , it looks wonderful !! Awesome flooring !!
Old 04-13-2017, 08:49 PM   #3

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15A
Send a message via Skype™ to KarenH
"Wow" is a serious understatement. It looks terrific. I especially like the mesh catch-alls attached to the overheads (at least I think that's what they are).
'22 GMC Acadia Denali
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 09:21 PM   #4

Trailer: 2017 Escape21. Pick up date May,2017
Quote:
We painted our Casita cabinets white and loved it. Yours are beautiful. Now my husband is worried.
Ginger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 10:01 PM   #5

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Jim and Sam, now that you are practiced with the spray painter, you can also do the furnace if you want. There are heat-resistant paints; the most readily available are probably those for automotive use. Powder-coating should work as well - I would check with the powder coating shop to be sure.

I think grey like the upholstery would be nice, but I'm not the one anyone should look to for aesthetic direction.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 10:23 PM   #6

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Very nice ! Your floor is beautiful ! Love your new look ! Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 12:01 AM   #7

Trailer: 2004 Escape 17b
Great idea, Brian. The brown on the furnace definitely clashes and has to go. Thanks to everybody for all the positive comments. This is definitely an active forum with lots of enthusiastic members!
Seymourcat is offline   Reply With Quote