21c television - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-01-2020, 11:15 PM   #1

Trailer: 21C on order
21c television

Can a 24 inch TV be installed in the 21c? If so, how is it mounted and stowed. Thanks for your help!
harleyrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 11:26 PM   #2

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
It certainly can. Though used only once in 3 1/2 years, we carry a 24" just in case. We have two mounts, one on the side of the fridge in the dinette, and one in the loft. I know the 21 does not have a loft, you could still mount at the foot of the bed.

I store it in the rear of the wardrobe, sitting on a block of foam, and held in place with two elastic cords. Nicely out of the way.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 11:56 PM   #3

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Yes, the 24" is a nice size and fits well in the space available.

Ours is viewable from both the bed and the dinette. It is mounted on a swiveling arm, inexpensive one from Amazon.

There isn't any need to store it, it stays in place ready to use. Many miles of rough roads and never an issue. A simple strap holds it in place.

Ron
Attached Thumbnails
PC270004_resize.jpg   PC270007_resize.jpg  
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 12:02 AM   #4

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
We store our TV as it really is not much of a focus when camping. It is rare to want to watch a movie, unless just the two of us, and lots of continuously bad weather days in a row keeps us inside.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 06:19 PM   #5

Trailer: Escape 21 & Jeep GC 5.7 (Previous 2012 Casita FD17 & 2010 Audi Q5)
We purchased a TV mount that clamps to the dinette table. The mount is really robust and provides a solid connection to the table. It can be installed or removed in a minute, without any tools.

The TV and the mount have a bayonet connection. They stow in separate boxes in the bottom of a closet.

Our view from the back corners of the U-dinette is from about 40-inches, so the picture's a decent size. The dinette table slides from front to back, so it's still easy to get in and out without any trouble.

While the TV/DVD combo's picture quality is marginal, I really like the setup. It would work really well with an OLED screen TV or monitor.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Attached Thumbnails
Westinghouse TV mount Wali M0015.jpg   Westinghouse TV mount IMG_1620.jpg   Westinghouse TV mount IMG_1622.jpg  
Civilguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 10:06 AM   #6

Very interesting and helpful. How did you route the wiring. Are you connected to the jack antenna? Do you use any portable satellite. Thanks again for sharing. Julie
Old 08-03-2020, 11:11 AM   #7

In my case the wiring goes through the wall. There is a wall mounted switch plate that has a coax cable terminal and the 12 volt plug as well as two on-off switches. One for the TV and one for the powered antenna.

I use a rear pole mounted powered Antop antenna. I found that it's much better than the lower mounted Jack antenna was. Coverage is spotty depending on proximity to cities. If you're boondocking in remote areas then it'd be useless.

For TVs mounted where mine is there is framing in the wall that allows for bolting the bracket securely. No solid wall is required.

There is a passage way forward and aft that allows for all sorts of wiring to be run after purchase.

Ron
Old 08-14-2020, 12:51 PM   #8

The link to the TV mount no longer works. Can you help? Thank you. Julie
Old 08-14-2020, 01:22 PM   #9

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21C
We have a 24” TV with a built in DVD player mounted on a swivel arm
I fashioned a strap from velcro that holds the TV in position when traveling.
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 01:33 PM   #10

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
Quote:
Originally Posted by harleyrk View Post
The link to the TV mount no longer works. Can you help? Thank you. Julie
Not the same one, but it is a clamp on TV stand:

https://smile.amazon.com/TechOrbits-...dp/B07RH8YPRL/

There are others at the bottom of the page...
Old 08-14-2020, 02:58 PM   #11
P&L

Trailer: Escape 19 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
There isn't any need to store it, it stays in place ready to use. Many miles of rough roads and never an issue. A simple strap holds it in place.

Ron
Hi Ron, What TV mount did you use? Did you make your strap? We have the mount Escape provided and we need to remove our television everytime we are on the road.

Lorna
P&L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 05:10 PM   #12

The strap was one from the junk drawer. I tend to keep misc. straps from various items. Pretty much anything would do. Each end attaches to a becket above and below. There is solid wood there, above and below and where the arm is attached.

The TV arm was one of many similar ones available on Amazon. The only identification is "PerleSmith".

Ron
Attached Thumbnails
IMGP0015 (2)_resize.JPG   IMGP0016_resize.JPG   IMGP0017 (2)_resize.JPG  
Old 08-14-2020, 05:45 PM   #13

Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
It certainly can. Though used only once in 3 1/2 years, we carry a 24" just in case. We have two mounts, one on the side of the fridge in the dinette, and one in the loft. I know the 21 does not have a loft, you could still mount at the foot of the bed.

I store it in the rear of the wardrobe, sitting on a block of foam, and held in place with two elastic cords. Nicely out of the way.
We planned to mount ours, but decided not to mount it. When we use it we use a MIFI (Verizon) hot spot, so no cords to plug into the television except for electricity.

We haven't watched television in bed (don't think we ever would want to). When we do watch tv it is from the dinette and we just set the tv up on the kitchen counter.
Attached Thumbnails
Television on counter IMG_20200513_152934.jpg   Bench w Extension not mounted and no table (4).jpg   Bench w extension mounted - No table.jpg   1 Colleen working in SS.jpg  
Old 08-14-2020, 07:05 PM   #14
Bea

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by P&L View Post
Hi Ron, What TV mount did you use? Did you make your strap? We have the mount Escape provided and we need to remove our television everytime we are on the road.

Lorna
Hi Lorna,

We have the same TV mount Escape provided, and got tired taking the TV on and off for travel, too. Decided to mount it...so much easier now.

Now for storage or travel, we turn the TV around, up against some reflectix with a block of sturdy foam on the bottom righthand side, to help support the weight. As for the strap, it can be mounted horizontally or vertically, but we decided to mount it with one screw on the right and we buckle it around the TV mount. Solid as a rock.

If interested, here's a link to the strap that we used to mount it: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

-Bea
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_8771.jpg  
Bea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 09:42 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bea View Post
Hi Lorna,

We have the same TV mount Escape provided, and got tired taking the TV on and off for travel, too. Decided to mount it...so much easier now.

-Bea
I agree. Things that have to be taken out of a cupboard, put in a place they normally wouldn't be etc. tend not to be used as much as something that's in place and ready to use.

Ron
Old 10-25-2020, 11:54 AM   #16

Trailer: 2023 Escape 21C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post

Ours is viewable from both the bed and the dinette. It is mounted on a swiveling arm, inexpensive one from Amazon.

Ron
Ron, Its nice to be able to view the tv at the dinette and still have it stored out of the aisle. Would you know the length of the extension of our tv mount?

I have been searching for RV 12volt TVs. I guess that's not necessary with the inverter. Could I ask the brand and model number?

Also I didn't notice a factory mounted stereo in your photo do you have one.
The reason I ask is I thought interfere with the top of you tv when pulled out .
Thanks Jim A.
Greatboatz3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 01:26 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatboatz3 View Post
Ron, Its nice to be able to view the tv at the dinette and still have it stored out of the aisle. Would you know the length of the extension of our tv mount?

I have been searching for RV 12volt TVs. I guess that's not necessary with the inverter. Could I ask the brand and model number?

Also I didn't notice a factory mounted stereo in your photo do you have one.
The reason I ask is I thought interfere with the top of you tv when pulled out .
Thanks Jim A.
One part of the arm is 8 1/4" c/c, so it puts the TV out 16 1/2".

Mine is about a 5 year old Insignia bought used bought really cheap on Craigslist. Actually they're so cheap that I bought a second one as a spare. The reason that I like the older model ones is that they have an inline transformer. Cut the transformer off, add a 12 volt cigarette plug and you're good to go. Running directly off 12 volts is more efficient and the same switch also powers my amplified TV antenna.

No, I don't have the factory stereo. My policy is no built in electronics like that. The flavor of the day today becomes obsolete tomorrow.

Ron
Old 10-25-2020, 05:51 PM   #18

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
In just about every trailer I have owned I have installed a Jensen am/fm/weather radio. With local alerts it can warn you of approaching bad weather....https://www.walmart.com/ip/Jensen-Al...593623303c25f7
Old 10-25-2020, 07:36 PM   #19

Trailer: 2023 Escape 21C
Ron, Thanks that information is very helpful.
Jim A.
Greatboatz3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 10:09 PM   #20

You're welcome. I have to say that I was wrong at first about that mounting location. In our 19 we did most of our viewing from the dinette, I've never been one for lounging on the bed watching TV. But our use now, with the TV viewable from each end of the trailer is usually things like news at the dinner hour from the table and maybe a movie later lounging on the bed. If I don't fall asleep.

Ron