21NE Dinette Mod - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login

Old 11-26-2020, 11:37 AM   #41

Trailer: 2015 Shasta Airflyte
That's essentially the idea, and I agree, 2 Springfields would certainly clog foot space.
Depending on how large a table a single Springfield pedastal could accommodate, and assuming let's say 56" of total table length, maybe a better idea would be something around 36" long table for the Springfield, then a 20" long table for the inside table towards the front of the trailer with the standard pole.
Stopgowalkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 01:00 PM   #42

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
It'd be nice to have a design that doesn't have double poles. This is a table that I made for my Scamp. It uses two full extension drawer slides to support the front half. They're strong and rock solid.

To go from half table to full table it's; slide out support, flip table top.

Don't know if it'll give you any other ideas for your brainstorming.

Ron
Attached Thumbnails
10-12-2011 4-09-54 PM  0010_resize.JPG   10-12-2011 4-09-54 PM  009_resize.JPG   10-12-2011 4-09-53 PM  008_resize.JPG   10-12-2011 4-09-53 PM  006_resize.JPG  
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 03:45 PM   #43

Trailer: Escape 21C -2020 and 2003 Aliner
ron -- thanx for the photos-- i will look at that as a feature-- but this is the idea-- the legs will be folding ( like the ones used at church gatherings ) but not sure what sort of table i am dealing with until i get it delivered.... patiently waiting.... thanx again
quidoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 03:52 PM   #44

Trailer: Escape 21C -2020 and 2003 Aliner
howdy-- yes i had them cut replacement for the dining area in case i chose to install the floor bases into the floor and change my mind later....
quidoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 08:41 PM   #45

Trailer: 2015 Shasta Airflyte
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
It'd be nice to have a design that doesn't have double poles. This is a table that I made for my Scamp. It uses two full extension drawer slides to support the front half. They're strong and rock solid.

Ron
Very cool, this helps, and gives me an idea: I could extend support from the main table back towards the trailer front wall using slides, then rest the smaller table on top of the slides. The top could then double as a serving tray in bed Thanks Ron!
Stopgowalkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2023, 06:34 AM   #46

Trailer: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stopgowalkon View Post
MrsWeld, that is great news! Did you receive any further detail on size of table and standard supports? I'm thinking they might just throw in the table from a standard 19, but hoping they could make a table to fill up the space a bit more (56-60").
Does anyone know the size of the table used for the full bench dinette in the 21NE option??
konanoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2023, 07:14 AM   #47

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by konanoff View Post
Does anyone know the size of the table used for the full bench dinette in the 21NE option??
These layouts from the Escape website might help. If you went all the way to the wall with the table (no “U”) it looks like it would be 58.5” x 34.5”.
Attached Thumbnails
5986E000-267D-4CEA-B59D-8C6D5ED39743.jpeg   805B3E4B-DD19-40C1-A798-E511BEB34101.jpeg  
Old 01-29-2023, 12:54 PM   #48

Trailer: 2021 21NE
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon327 View Post
These layouts from the Escape website might help. If you went all the way to the wall with the table (no “U”) it looks like it would be 58.5” x 34.5”.
Rubicon is correct. When I ordered my 2021 21NE with standard? dinette (not U dinette), the table length was 57". There is a small space between the front wall and the table.

A small cabinet next to the bathroom on the driver side seemed like a good idea so I shortened the table to accommodate it. By going with the standard dinette, I would be able to shorten the table and still comfortably sit 4 people at the dinette.

An electric panel was an after thought. I was having trouble crawling under the table to access the power center.

Clipping the front corners of the table made room for a little cabinet next to the bathroom and a place to sit on the end of the passenger side dinette bench to put on shoes etc.

I don't have a picture of the whole table.
Attached Thumbnails
PXL_20211225_220801178.jpg  
BobG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2023, 03:37 PM   #49

Very helpfull. Escape listed the full dinette 21NE option and brief short references in their video's but no Escape drawing. We need table space. The standard 18" Deep back bench seat has a lot of issues as seen from the many U-shaped dinette options trying not very sucessfully to work around them. How wide is the cabinet next to the bath you added? I assume you have a full 59" length bench on the passenger side. How long is your final table? Did you use the standard 2 post table mount?
Old 01-29-2023, 03:48 PM   #50

Does anyone have a photo of the full dinette option they could share? Any issues/regrets. Unclear how long this option has been available and how Escape worked out any issues with no back bench to run utilities from driver to passenger side. IMO the 18" deep standard back bench seat on the u shape is to narrow , making for a smallish table which gets even smaller if you widen the bench seat to 22" which would still be 2" narrower than the side bench seats.
Old 01-29-2023, 04:04 PM   #51

Trailer: 5.0 TA Delivered 4/7/22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post

Ron
Very clever Ron! I was, and still am considering cutting down my table... Never thought about doing it this way...I will be pondering this... Love it!
Old 01-29-2023, 05:05 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobG View Post

A small cabinet next to the bathroom on the driver side seemed like a good idea so I shortened the table to accommodate it. By going with the standard dinette, I would be able to shorten the table and still comfortably sit 4 people at the dinette.

An electric panel was an after thought. I was having trouble crawling under the table to access the power center.
Great idea for the small cabinet and well done.

The after thought for the electrical panel was a good one. That's the sort of situation that I did when I built a couple of boats. So much easier to use than kneel on the floor under the table.

I was tempted to do that in both my 19 and 21 but the 19 possible location wouldn't have been a look straight at it situation and on the 21C the ideal place would be on the side wall over the drawer stack but that's a ways to run a lot of wires.

Ron
Old 01-29-2023, 05:11 PM   #53

Quote:

Unclear how Escape worked out any issues with no back bench to run utilities from driver to passenger side.
On both my 19 and 21C ETI installed a small panel with space behind it. Very easy to run wiring side-to-side.

You can just see part of the 19 panel and the other photo is my 21C. And there's lot's of extra wiring run behind it.

Ron
Attached Thumbnails
08-08-2014 4-51-25 PM4_resize.jpg   26-09-2019 2-51-36 PM_0001_resize.jpg  
Old 01-29-2023, 05:20 PM   #54

Trailer: 2021 21NE
Quote:
Very helpfull. Escape listed the full dinette 21NE option and brief short references in their video's but no Escape drawing. We need table space. ......
Konanoff:
  1. The cabinet width just fits between the window valance and the bathroom wall. In my case that is 12.25" The edge trim on the cabinet adds about 1/4" to 3/8".
  2. The bench on the passenger side is the standard bench, I think that is 59". I cut 12" off the driver side cushions so they are about 47" long, comfortable for 2 people to sit.
  3. I cut 12" off the standard 57" table length. The table is now 45 1/4" long.
  4. I used the standard 2 post table but asked for the leg holders to be inverted. The table slides side to side to make it easier to access storage and to get seated on the benches. The only time I remove the table is when I am working in one of the benches like in the attached picture. The table is not rock solid but that does not bother me. It doesn't move around when I am working or eating.
The reason the picture is showing a mess is because I am currently wiring in an exhaust fan that I mounted where the WFCO load center was originally located. It will be on an ON OFF AUTO switch connected through one of the programmable inverter relays so when in AUTO the fan will turn on whenever the inverter fan is on. I found that in the desert when it warms up that the inverter and batteries warm up when running the air conditioning so I am adding additional ventilation to the electrical locker.

The 2 table leg sockets are inverted as you see in the picture so they are not in the way when I am working inside in the benches.

A couple observations. People seem to like the U bench so they can use the end bench as a lounging area. However, it seems to me the standard bench provides more seating room and table space for serving 6 people than the U shaped dinette. If you want lounging then it is no trouble to place a board between the 2 side benches like you would do when making the dinette up as a bed. The only difference would be that the board would only be as wide as you want and you could cushion it however you want.

Wiring between the 2 benches passes behind the paneling at the front of the dinette space. Room is provided at the bottom for cables to pass back and forth. I have used it to add wiring for different things.
Attached Thumbnails
PXL_20230129_223132444.jpg   PXL_20230129_223241318.jpg   PXL_20230129_223546149.jpg  
BobG is offline   Reply With Quote