As a bit of a break from (re)framing my cabinetry, I took the time to install 3-way switches to the captain's lights in the loft. I had Escape rough in a strand of 3 wires from behind each light to the cabinet at the bottom of the stairs, beside the door.
I had a couple of 3-way 12V switches I bought a few years back and never used. I bought a couple of small round three way switches to install in the light fixture.
Well, it was not too bad mounting the large ones into the cabinet panelling, a sharp utility knife made a nice neat hole. It is the two switches on the right. If I had of been on the ball I would have had Escape move the 120V and 12V outlets to the right, and put the switches for the loft on the left. I could have just moved them myself and replaced the paneling on that side of the cabinet, but did not think the effort was really worth it (at this time).
I ran into a wee dilemma with the switch to install into the light, as the one I purchased was bigger than the one that came with the switch.
No problem, a minute to mark out a new hole outline, and about 30 seconds with a die grinder and bit, and the new switch fit like a hot damn.
The result looks great, and after wiring up and reinstalling, we can now turn the loft lights on and off from the switches below, or on the light in the loft. Not a necessity by any means, but certainly a handy feature.
All in all, with all the putzing around, it probably took a bit over an hour to do.
Now back to what I am supposed to get done first.