5.0 Black tank wash - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-29-2013, 06:43 PM   #1

Trailer: Escape 5.0
5.0 Black tank wash

Hi folks, I'm rather confused.. I know I read here that someone with a 5.0 installed a tank rinser for their black tank, and that they got access by the drivers-side front hatch. We had the added spray-on insulation done as well, so seeing what's going on underneath isn't an option. The inside of the hatch walls have been covered over making it rather difficult to see the tank as well.

What puzzles me is there appears to be 2 different tanks inside that hatch. One is a red-ish color, and under the plywood is a dark grey one. The red one has a water pipe going to it. From the looks, it's maybe level with the sink, and is definitely higher than the toilet. Is this even functional or is my perception way off?

I guess in the end, my question really is, where's the best place to install a tank rinser in a 5.0? Is the black tank rectangular, (with the exception of the front fork) or does it have some additional odd angles? What's the deal with the red tank too?

(I can take pics, but it's a mighty small space..)
Thanks!
btrippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 07:27 PM   #2

Trailer: Escape 5.0 SA
Welcome to the Escape forum Brian. I haven't actually seen the spay foam on a 5.0, but I would like to help you. I would suggest looking at a 5.0 without foam so you can figure out a route plan to your black tank without much insulation damage. There is one just north of your location with a tank flush installed. Maybe someone will pop up with the correct answers you need. My 5.0 should be built from the same mold. The black tank is inside just under the toilet. The water line you see in the front drivers side compartment is the toilet water supply.
daveandsandyclink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 12:40 AM   #3

Ahh, so the "red" deal wasn't a tank at all.. it's the molding for the shower/bathroom. That makes much more sense then. Yeah, if I could see the outline of the tank, I'd be in good shape. Thanks Dave!!

BTW, Texas rocks!
Old 10-30-2013, 04:22 PM   #4

Trailer: 2015 5.0 TA
I installed one in my 5.0. The grey wall is the side of the black tank. The hard part is working with two hands inside that space and getting the rinse water connections tight enough not to leak.
Dick
Old 10-30-2013, 04:36 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by captmath View Post
I installed one in my 5.0. The grey wall is the side of the black tank. The hard part is working with two hands inside that space and getting the rinse water connections tight enough not to leak.
Dick
Indeed, it's going to be interesting. Aside from the jack section, is the rest of the tank rectangular? Since the only chance I have of getting a cutting tool in would be inside that L spot, I'm hoping that gives me a clean shot to the other side of the wall.

Thanks for the replies!

Brian
Old 10-30-2013, 04:41 PM   #6

Trailer: 2013 Escape 5.0 "Day Break"
Dick, do you have photos of your installation.

I have the wand but don't really like it. Last time I filled a 5 gallon bucket and dumped it in all at once. Seemed to do the job well, but I am all about easier.

Todd
itoddday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 06:31 PM   #7

Trailer: Escape 5.0 SA
I am guessing that those interested in this thread have done a search titled (quickie flush). Their are some good pointers and experienced owners.
daveandsandyclink is offline   Reply With Quote