5.0 dinette table rear wall - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 05-18-2024, 09:52 AM   #1
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2023
Location: Armstrong, British Columbia
Trailer: 2024 5.0 TA
Posts: 91
5.0 dinette table rear wall

I haven’t run a stud finder along the rear padded wall yet, but looking for other’s experience. I modded the two leg pedestal table, shortening the length of it, tightening everything, etc. I would like to attach a wooden strip to the end wall just below the table top, to keep it from any wobble that is left.

Are there wooden strips behind the padded wall, similar to studs, at designated points?

I did a search and found a few other suggestions for the table wobble issue, but I think attaching a support to that end wall, in my case, would be a good solution.

Thanks.
Al Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2024, 11:31 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
Centex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: East of Austin, Texas
Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0 / 2022 F150 SuperCab
Posts: 3,025
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Y View Post
.... Are there wooden strips behind the padded wall, similar to studs, at designated points?.....
FWIW, in limited explorations motivated by interests similar to yours, I detected no wood furring strips (vertical or horizontal) bonded to the shell in the area between the window and the floor on that back wall of my 2022 5.0. I have the benches only, not U-shaped dinette.
__________________
Alan E.
2021 Escape 5.0 / 2022 F150 Lariat SuperCab 6.5' box / Centex's 2021 5.0 Modifications
Centex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2024, 11:38 AM   #3
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2023
Location: Armstrong, British Columbia
Trailer: 2024 5.0 TA
Posts: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Centex View Post
FWIW, in limited explorations motivated by interests similar to yours, I detected no wood furring strips (vertical or horizontal) bonded to the shell in the area between the window and the floor on that back wall of my 2022 5.0. I have the benches only, not U-shaped dinette.
Thank you. Yes I have the bench configuration too. Appreciate it.
Al Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2024, 12:48 AM   #4
Site Team
 
Join Date: Jan 2023
Location: San Jose, California
Trailer: 2023 5.0 TA
Posts: 293
Looking at the build pictures of our 5.0 the only wood on the back wall is down low going left to right where the slanted wood is attached. At the level were the table sits when lowered to make into a bed.
occer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2024, 08:32 AM   #5
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2023
Location: Armstrong, British Columbia
Trailer: 2024 5.0 TA
Posts: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by occer View Post
Looking at the build pictures of our 5.0 the only wood on the back wall is down low going left to right where the slanted wood is attached. At the level were the table sits when lowered to make into a bed.
Thank you.
Al Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Escape Trailer Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2023 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.