A new Escape and time on our hands... - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-07-2021, 09:38 AM   #21

Location: Lanesboro, MN, between Whalan and Fountain, Minnesota
Trailer: 2016 Bigfoot 25RQ - (2018 Escape 5.0 sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneCentHillman View Post
  • We added backsplash faux tiles and built vertical storage for dishes, spices, etc. across the entire wall. It's amazing what you can fit into 3.25"

I would like to remove that head-bumping stove vent. I love your dish holding area.

Did you have any problems removing the old vent?

Aside from screw and small wire holes were there any other problems in the removal?

Thanks,

Perry
Old 05-07-2021, 10:39 AM   #22

Trailer: 2020 E19 "Escape Haven"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perryb67 View Post
I would like to remove that head-bumping stove vent. I love your dish holding area.
Did you have any problems removing the old vent?
Aside from screw and small wire holes were there any other problems in the removal?
Second stove vent we've removed in a camper!
Easy removal - 4 screws. Used the wiring to install a dimmable dome light that goes from super bright to dim.
Screw holes are easy to fill, but we covered the area w/ a thin piece of sheet metal that we use with magnetic hooks to hang our cups from during the day when we're in "rinse & dry" mode. You can see the hooks folded up against the bottom of the cabinet. ;-)
OneCentHillman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 10:42 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoSwany View Post
Nice work! And we are also in Fort Collins and have a 2017 Escape 19. We are not tall, however.
Awesome! We've looked for one around town and haven't seen one yet. Will keep an eye out! We're on the north end, on Terry Lake.
Old 05-07-2021, 01:00 PM   #24

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19
Quote:
Awesome! We've looked for one around town and haven't seen one yet. Will keep an eye out! We're on the north end, on Terry Lake.
And we are on SW side.
ColoradoSwany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2021, 09:44 AM   #25

Trailer: 2020 5.0 TA
Very creative and motivational! Thanks for sharing your ideas.

Not to divert too far but we also lived in SW Fort Collins for 10 years...small world?
Shiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2021, 11:25 AM   #26

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0 / 2022 F150 SuperCab
Quote:
Kitchen:
  • The left side of the overhead cabinet was difficult to access so we partitioned it off and opened up the front for easy access to cups/glasses.
That's one I've not run across here yet and looks particularly functional (along with your other mods)

Pardon if I missed it or it should be obvious, but what's the gizmo with vertical rods around the support pole left of the sink?
Old 05-08-2021, 11:58 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Centex View Post
Pardon if I missed it or it should be obvious, but what's the gizmo with vertical rods around the support pole left of the sink?
That's just a roll-up dish drying rack. I wrapped it around the pole and clipped the end in place with a binder clip. Gets it out of the way and makes good use of the pole. ;-)

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Attached Thumbnails
dish dry rack.jpg  
Old 05-08-2021, 12:00 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiny View Post
Very creative and motivational! Thanks for sharing your ideas.

Not to divert too far but we also lived in SW Fort Collins for 10 years...small world?

Thank you. We've been here for just 10 years but it's grown like crazy in that time.
Old 05-12-2021, 12:53 PM   #29

Trailer: 2019 Escape 19
Where did you get the short "back stabbers", and do you know what they are called, so maybe I can look them up?
jkcoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 02:50 PM   #30

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0 [August]
Quote:
Thank you. We've been here for just 10 years but it's grown like crazy in that time.
The Front Range Escape trailer owners group is growing rapidly. We’ve lived in Loveland for almost 15 years and just sold our 16’ Casita (purchased new in 2007) to buy the Escape 5.0. We need to start our own Rally tradition!
gjsheldon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 09:07 AM   #31

Trailer: 2020 5.0TA
Quote:
Kitchen:
  • We added backsplash faux tiles and built vertical storage for dishes, spices, etc. across the entire wall. It's amazing what you can fit into 3.25"
  • The left side of the overhead cabinet was difficult to access so we partitioned it off and opened up the front for easy access to cups/glasses.
  • We're both tall, so cabinets below counter height is a challenge. Converted the cabinet space to the left of the oven into 2 large drawers.
  • On the lowest cabinets we moved the hinges so they open from the top and we can easily see/access what's inside.
  • Attached a trash bin to the door of the far left cabinet. Couldn't find one the right size so made one with Lincane Aluminum Sheet metal. Needed to first attach a block of wood to the door so the trash bin would clear the opening.
Sooooo awesome! Thanks for sharing!
(sorry you decided to keep it! Wanted to get in on your resale line)

Want2Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 09:22 AM   #32

Trailer: 2018 21 Sept 7 2018
In looking at the pic, wonderful set up, I see what looks like 2 fold up hooks. Is that what they are n if so where did u purchase them

David
Oldtimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 07:09 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoug View Post
Where did you get the short "back stabbers", and do you know what they are called, so maybe I can look them up?

Here you go. Please forgive delayed reply - been off in the boonies in our Escape!

RV Pleated Shade Blind Tensioner - Hold Down Spool - Clear

Old 05-14-2021, 07:13 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
In looking at the pic, wonderful set up, I see what looks like 2 fold up hooks. Is that what they are n if so where did u purchase them

David

They're Magnetic Swivel Hooks - super strong. We attached thin pieces of sheet metal to the underside of the cabinet w/ 3M tape and they are stuck to that. Used them in our Casita as well. Worked great!

Old 05-14-2021, 09:01 PM   #35

Trailer: 19 Escape, arrived March 2021
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cjkcoug View Post
I dismantled mine and simply cut the long spacers in half. It was a simple and quick modification.
thunderworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2022, 10:19 PM   #36

Trailer: 2021 E19
Hi - trying to figure out “attached 3 cabinet door clips to the bottom that clip over the metal rungs for the stove rack.” Are those the little “wheels” Escape uses to keep the cabinet doors closed? Where did you attach them to the wood?
JudyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2022, 04:53 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudyS View Post
Hi - trying to figure out “attached 3 cabinet door clips to the bottom that clip over the metal rungs for the stove rack.” Are those the little “wheels” Escape uses to keep the cabinet doors closed? Where did you attach them to the wood?

It's called a double roller catch. Just need the "U" shaped part. I screwed 3 of them to the bottom of half of the hinged cutting board and pinched them tightly closed with pliers. Here's some pics of the catch as well as a few of the cutting board fully open, folded in half, and the underside with the metal clips attached. ;-)
I never use the front burner, so when I'm cooking I leave it folded in half as an additional work surface and fully open when not using the stove.
Attached Thumbnails
Double roller catch for cutting board 1.jpg   Cutting board 1.jpg   Cutting board 2.jpg   Cutting board  3.jpg  
Old 02-05-2022, 04:59 PM   #38

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I may have to copy some of these ideas later on this year......
Old 02-05-2022, 06:59 PM   #39

Trailer: 2021 E19
Thanks - pictures make it easy to understand. Do the catches hold enough so that you can travel with the board on your stove? I really like this. Makes it easy to quick use a burner without constantly having to move the cutting board like we've been doing. I've been using the front burner mostly and making sure our pup doesn't stick his head too close (he likes being on the bed and smelling what I'm cooking), but after I saw your post I realized it's better to use a back burner and have an extra buffer zone with the cutting board in the front. So this is convenient for us and keeps our pup safe.
JudyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2022, 10:44 PM   #40

Trailer: 2012 E19
Wood mounted close to fire. What's not to like?