A wire routing question... - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login

Old 11-10-2012, 09:01 PM   #1

Trailer: 2002 Escape 13'
A wire routing question...

I have a new 19' and have a Kenwood stereo system that I will be mounting in an under-counter enclosure under the overhead cabinets above the bed on the driver's side directly behind the 12volt jack near the refrigerator. This is a great location because the antenna output and 12 volts is located there and I can turn the system off while in bed.

I plan to install four 6 1/2" speakers; one in each corner of the trailer under the overhead cabinets in under-counter enclosures.
Running the speaker wires to those 2 speakers mounted over the bed are no problem but my question is this; what is the best routing for the speaker wires to the other side of the trailer in those locations under the overhead cabinets on both sides of the dinette in each corner?

Thanks in advance for your advice!

Steve
hotfishtacos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 09:22 AM   #2

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
wireless!!,
if you can use a electrician snake, there are wires that go along the drivers side from rear to the front dinette area. The street side has the door so the wires are located along the ceiling over the door. The pillars on each side of the door are hollow wire runs so you can come under the sink/stove into one pillar up and over and then down the other pillar to the dinette seat. Or go wireless.
Old 11-11-2012, 09:42 AM   #3

Think of the outdoor possibilities of wireless as well.
Dog as Navigator
DonM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 10:04 AM   #4

Trailer: 2013 19' & 2013 15B
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotfishtacos View Post
I have a new 19' and have a Kenwood stereo system that I will be mounting in an under-counter enclosure under the overhead cabinets above the bed on the driver's side directly behind the 12volt jack near the refrigerator. This is a great location because the antenna output and 12 volts is located there and I can turn the system off while in bed.

I plan to install four 6 1/2" speakers; one in each corner of the trailer under the overhead cabinets in under-counter enclosures.
Running the speaker wires to those 2 speakers mounted over the bed are no problem but my question is this; what is the best routing for the speaker wires to the other side of the trailer in those locations under the overhead cabinets on both sides of the dinette in each corner?

Thanks in advance for your advice!

Steve
Not sure that I can help you with routing your wires. With our Escape I am going to ask Reace to install speaker wires front and back, even though I have no immediate plans for a wired in stereo. Speakers could then be added at some future date with minimal effort.

For a sound system, I am seriously thinking of a single wireless Bluetooth speaker that can be used inside or out in combination with an iPod or other device, and the speaker having an "audio in" jack for use with the TV or portable am/fm/wb radio..

"It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it." - 1907, Maurice Switzer
Dave Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 05:11 PM   #5

Trailer: 2002 Escape 13'
It is done..

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
wireless!!,
if you can use a electrician snake, there are wires that go along the drivers side from rear to the front dinette area. The street side has the door so the wires are located along the ceiling over the door. The pillars on each side of the door are hollow wire runs so you can come under the sink/stove into one pillar up and over and then down the other pillar to the dinette seat. Or go wireless.
Jim, I looked over the door and saw the wiring run over the top so I ran a string through from the cabinet over the sink to the rear dinette overhead...about 5 minutes work. I will use the string to pull the wire through later after my next trip. I plan to leave a string through that run in case I want to pull another wire for something else later. Thanks for the suggestion! I will go wireless later if I want a pair of external speakers.

Steve
hotfishtacos is offline   Reply With Quote