Audio - Video - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login

Old 02-01-2014, 04:03 PM   #1

Audio - Video

Hey,

I am considering replacing the stereo CPAHarley put in to a built in with 4 speakers etc. ( A friend of mine wants the current one for his bike) . The shelf over the table will be the location for most of the gear fitting with room to spare. This is the one I am designing the system around Jensen JHD3630BTB Amazon.com: JENSEN AM/FM/WB/CD/RBDS/USB SiriusXM Ready and iPod Ready Stereo with Bluetooth: Car Electronics does anyone have an experience with this unit? I plan on 4 speaker system it will connect via Bluetooth to speakers out side if I want, I have a car pc system I am putting together to mount also it holds 1tb of movies and music. The system will be plumbed to the tv for movies up front and via a Bluetooth hub I can watch one on my tablet laying in bed. I know a lot of folks do not need AV in side but on bad weather or late evening time a movie is nice and having music inside and outside works for me :} Anyhow if you have exp with the unit or a similar unit with the same features pass it along.

Cypher
Cypherian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 05:05 PM   #2

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
It says it receives bluetooth, meaning your iPhone can play over this unit, it will not transmit to external bluetooth speakers.
Old 02-01-2014, 06:03 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
It says it receives bluetooth, meaning your iPhone can play over this unit, it will not transmit to external bluetooth speakers.
Sorry wasn't more specific the audio out put will be routed to the PC as will the video so it can be broadcast via a WiFi / Bluetooth signal. Using this Amazon.com: CanaKit Raspberry Pi Ultimate Starter Kit (Over 35 Components: Raspberry Pi + WiFi Dongle + 8GB SD Card + Case + Power Supply and many more): Computers & Accessories and some other components.

I didn't want to let my geek out to far lol.

Cypher
Old 02-02-2014, 04:36 PM   #4

Trailer: 2014 19. Birthing date June 23
Non geek . What television would you recommend with this setup that has dvd capabilities?
PAB4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 12:01 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAB4 View Post
Non geek . What television would you recommend with this setup that has dvd capabilities?
Hey,
I am not a TV Guru I have a friend that is I just tell him what I want it to do and he tells me which unit to go with. I do not use TVs with built in DVD as I feel it is a risk if the DVD goes bad you have to buy a new TV sadly no one fixes them anymore. The setup I am planning using can be done non built in if you have a lap top. You would need the cable to connect the laptop to the TV most newer TVs have inputs for HDMI , RCA just have to match the connector from your laptop to the connector you wish to use on the TV. If you add in a decent set of computer speakers to hook to your lap top you get good sound though maybe not convenient for play, pause and volume you control it is easier then what I plan on doing. You could even do it with a net book (smaller version of a laptop) with and external DVD player. In the case of using the laptop even if the laptops DVD player goes bad you can get an external and hook it up for less than 100 dollars.
I will be moving the 12V Jensen TV CpaHarley installed from the dinette to the bed area and putting a http://www.walmart.com/ip/Samsung-22-Class-LED-1080p-120Hz-HDTV-1.6-ultra-slim-UN22D5003/16784342 in place. Using the Amazon.com: JENSEN AM/FM/WB/CD/RBDS/USB SiriusXM Ready and iPod Ready Stereo with Bluetooth: Car Electronics as a head unit ( I like the weather alert feature) for mp3 / Cd audio connected to these http://www.crutchfield.com/S-5YIDmV4SHn1/p_2064CS6934/Kicker-40CS6934.html#details-tab 2 sets and using this Amazon.com: CanaKit Raspberry Pi Ultimate Starter Kit (Over 35 Components: Raspberry Pi + WiFi Dongle + 8GB SD Card + Case + Power Supply and many more): Computers & Accessories add a few other components and some Bluetooth speakers for outside. I can operate the system from my tablet , phone or just use the remote for the stereo.
I plan on making enclosures that match the wood work in the trailer now for two speakers up front and two in the bed area and the head unit as small as the computer pack is it will fit in the same enclosure as the head unit with shielding.
Cypher
Old 02-03-2014, 06:02 AM   #6

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
What's the purpose of the Raspberry Pi board?
Old 02-03-2014, 07:34 AM   #7

Trailer: Escape 19 (sold) Escape 21 2014
That looks like the ultimate Geek toy. It appears to be a build it your self computer. It has wifi, USB ports, HDMI for video and lots of opportunity to put it together yourself. Soldering might not be necessary but you need to know your ohms. My guess it is some sort of Linux box. Not a very clear description on what NOOBS is, but that is the software that makes it run.
fudge_brownie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 08:46 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by padlin View Post
What's the purpose of the Raspberry Pi board?
It will be the interface between the portable storage drive WD My Passport 2TB External USB 3.02.0 Portable Hard Drive Silver WDBY8L0020BSL-NESN - Best Buy and the head unit for audio out put to speakers and blue tooth / wifi and video out put to the TV either wired or broadcast I have not decided yet. Long ago I put all my vinyl and tapes to digital along with all new Cd's I have gotten over the years. I have a bit under half my 1K Dvd collection converted to digital both audio and video are stored on that drive takes up approx 1TB currently. It saves me space so I do not have to haul cases of dvd's for the rare use or CD cases I would have to go through and load them as I wanted to listen to them.

Cypher
Old 02-03-2014, 08:54 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by fudge_brownie View Post
That looks like the ultimate Geek toy. It appears to be a build it your self computer. It has wifi, USB ports, HDMI for video and lots of opportunity to put it together yourself. Soldering might not be necessary but you need to know your ohms. My guess it is some sort of Linux box. Not a very clear description on what NOOBS is, but that is the software that makes it run.
It is :} It can be had with different OS's you just change out the preloaded SD card. I am fairly proficient with compuers and building networks etc. AA in Computer Network Engineering , AA in Computer information systems. I do not use them though except to make money on the side and keep my self entertained. I am leaning toward android though linux might work better. If your interested Raspberry Pi operating systems: 5 reviewed and rated | News | TechRadar . NOOBS is a way to make setting up a Raspberry Pi for the first time very easily see Introducing the New Out Of Box Software (NOOBS) | Raspberry Pi

Cypherian