Awning Mister - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-09-2015, 12:20 PM   #1

Trailer: 2006 17b Goucho
Awning Mister

Sometimes we camp without hookups in desert areas where it gets pretty hot. Although our generator could run the air conditioner that doesn't help when we want to sit outside.

I made an adaptor out of PVC pipe with pipe threads on one end and a garden bib thread on the other so I can hook up a mister to the exterior shower and hang a mister line from the awning.

Because of the backflow prevention valve on the exterior shower, the shower will vent a bit of water when running the mister but we always have extra water so I don't bother trying to catch or reuse that outflow.

The first picture shows a typical mister and the second shows the adaptor installed on the exterior shower.

The third picture shows the mister installed on a rope to center it under the awning.
Attached Thumbnails
DSC_2460.jpg   DSC_2458.JPG   DSC_2457.JPG  
Thane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 04:33 PM   #2

Trailer: 2013, 17B 'Mini Pearl' and a 2010 Highlander
When we were tent camping I bought one of those mister kits, same brand and size, and tried to hook it up to a garden pump sprayer.
Never worked, but I still have the mister kit so I might steal your idea.

And, at that time, we found some hiking personal misters that worked fantastically well. Just a bottle about the size of a big coffee mug with a pump and then a hose with a single mister head on it that you clipped on your collar. When you got hot you opened the valve and misted yourself in front of your face.

We have been using the kit like yours in the backyard on a popup tent and it works great. the nozzles do plug up and begin to sputter. We usually put the nozzle into a cup with CLR in it overnight and it is ok and producing a fine mist the next day. CLR is that calcium-lime-rust product that they show on tv getting rid of calcium deposits on your showerhead.
Old 08-12-2015, 10:39 PM   #3

Trailer: 2006 17b Goucho
Thanks for the cleaning tip.
Thane is offline   Reply With Quote