Back-up cameras. - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login

Old 06-08-2018, 12:28 PM   #41

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA, 2022 F150 2.7EB
Camera won't pair

See post #22 above. I have tried all that Jean-Pierre tried and have followed the suggestions after that post but still no luck. PO says they had to find the right setting for the truck lights but I've tried that with engine running or not. I don't understand what the connection is between lights and the camera. Does Escape power the camera through the upper tail lights? Any help would be appreciated.
emers382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 12:47 PM   #42
P&L

Trailer: Escape 19 2015
We purchased a wireless unit from Tadi Brothers and had it shipped to Escape. That said, it never worked. We took it to Best Buy to help us, it still didn't work. Finally Tadi Bros suggested we get a longer antenna and sold us that for about $70. Best Buy installed that and didn't charge for this. It is likely the insulation prevented the wireless from operating properly. Now I see that Escape offers a camera as an option. I love it as I can see how close a car is behind us or when I change lanes.

Lorna
P&L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 01:07 PM   #43

Trailer: 2016 21 ft escape
I never use mine , wish I had not added it to the build sheet, could have used the money for something else. I never have it on while driving, to many other distractions, and I’ve backed up trailers for so many years that by the time I Remember to turn it on I'm already backed in.
Jake930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 03:42 PM   #44

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA, 2022 F150 2.7EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by emers382 View Post
See post #22 above. I have tried all that Jean-Pierre tried and have followed the suggestions after that post but still no luck. PO says they had to find the right setting for the truck lights but I've tried that with engine running or not. I don't understand what the connection is between lights and the camera. Does Escape power the camera through the upper tail lights? Any help would be appreciated.
Problem solved, thanks to JP who posed the questions in post #22. I PM'd him and he came back with an answer which helped me figure it out.
emers382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 06:42 PM   #45

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
I used a wireless Tadi Brother's system that replaced the wired system when I exchanged the RAV4 for a Tacoma with my 17. I used the built in wire between the back of the trailer to feed video to the front & put the transmitter in the overhead. Worked great with no problems.

When I bought the 21, I went with the Escape provided Rear View Systems wireless which has the transmitter built into the camera (located at the top rear of the trailer just under the rear solar panel). It shows the full # of bars on the monitor, and has never dropped out, although at times the refresh rate drops a bit.
Old 06-09-2018, 08:55 AM   #46

Trailer: 2017 21' Escape as of 01/16/17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake930 View Post
I never use mine , wish I had not added it to the build sheet, could have used the money for something else. I never have it on while driving, to many other distractions, and I’ve backed up trailers for so many years that by the time I Remember to turn it on I'm already backed in.

John,
It’s so interesting to hear how people feel about their products.

I cannot leave the campsite without connecting mine, so that I have eyes behind me.

My main use for the camera is to guide me on the few occasions where I pass a slower moving vehicle. The camera allows me to tell when it is safe for me to return to the right lane.

The 2nd main use is when I level the trailer. My wife stands behind the Escape while looking at the bubble level. I can see and hear her from the camera screen.

The last use is for backing up. Mainly, I just want to make sure nothing has jumped up behind me.

Thanks,

Fred M.

"Whoever said retirement was overrated...
...never had an Escape"
Red Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 10:17 AM   #47

Trailer: 2016 21 ft escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Dog View Post
John,
It’s so interesting to hear how people feel about their products.

I cannot leave the campsite without connecting mine, so that I have eyes behind me.

My main use for the camera is to guide me on the few occasions where I pass a slower moving vehicle. The camera allows me to tell when it is safe for me to return to the right lane.

The 2nd main use is when I level the trailer. My wife stands behind the Escape while looking at the bubble level. I can see and hear her from the camera screen.

The last use is for backing up. Mainly, I just want to make sure nothing has jumped up behind me.

Thanks,

Fred M.
Yes we each have our ways of doing things, and most are not wrong, just different. It’s all what makes us comfortable . You like the camera for passing, l’m comfortable with the view in my tow mirrors, Tomatoes, ToMAtoes, . The best thing is that we are out there enjoying this big wide World. And if we meet on the road somewhere, a frim handshake, maybe a cold brew, and quiet conversation by the evening fire.
Jake930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 10:34 AM   #48

Trailer: 2017 21' Escape as of 01/16/17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake930 View Post
The best thing is that we are out there enjoying this big wide World. And if we meet on the road somewhere, a frim handshake, maybe a cold brew, and quiet conversation by the evening fire.

That’s the beauty of this lifestyle. I know we will eventually run across each other!

"Whoever said retirement was overrated...
...never had an Escape"
Red Dog is offline   Reply With Quote