Bath changes - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login

Old 05-15-2016, 09:36 PM   #1
Commercial Member

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 - "Felicity"
Bath changes

We've only used our 21 shower once in two years. Decided the hose could be stored in a baggie since it's a no-tools attach/detach; mounted a Stugvik soap holder and a small shelf for wifey stuff on the wall instead.

Stugviks two-cup holders don't work well on the wall behind the toilet as it's too flexible and a cup always lets go. Added a 3x3x8 vacuum-formed cubby using VHB tape instead. Probably add one or two more (for a his/hers/and ours.)

The Stugvik towel bars work great on the long inside wall as it's pretty straight the the whole length and seems sturdier than the rear wall.

Has anyone modified the inside of the bath door with another type of covering? Strip and paint? I'm pondering a very thin white plastic overlay as it's just plain ugly..........
Attached Thumbnails
DSC00258.jpg   DSC00259.jpg  

Need custom storage to your design? Don't drill holes!
www.RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 09:48 PM   #2

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
We don't use the inside shower but in a blue moon either Charlie, except when the !#,%@ toilet valve goes south. Then it is good to have to fill the bowel to flush.

How about a mahogany veneer for the inside of the door?
Rossue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 10:10 PM   #3

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
We have a two-suction Stugvik that comes off on the sink side wall. Our soap dish Stugvik, no problem there. I wonder if VHB tape can be put on the suction cups.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 10:22 PM   #4

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Attach a full length mirror ( not glass ) to the inside of the door and you have something functional.
Mine isn't full length, but I don't spend a lot of time looking at the bath door.
Attached Thumbnails
bath mirror.jpg  
Old 05-15-2016, 11:06 PM   #5
Commercial Member

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 - "Felicity"
Quote:
Originally Posted by float5 View Post
We have a two-suction Stugvik that comes off on the sink side wall. Our soap dish Stugvik, no problem there. I wonder if VHB tape can be put on the suction cups.
I had the same problem on the outside wall. That wall in the 21 has a definite curve; I don't think tape would help because you couldn't get the cup to flatten out on the wall before the tape grabs the wall.

I might try a bit of adhesive caulk in the cup before putting it up. Should be able to peel that off the fiberglass if it doesn't work.

Need custom storage to your design? Don't drill holes!
www.RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 12:58 AM   #6

Trailer: pondering.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by tractors1 View Post
Has anyone modified the inside of the bath door with another type of covering? Strip and paint? I'm pondering a very thin white plastic overlay as it's just plain ugly..........
was reading about the custom graphics stick on vinyl (removable too) they use on vehicles to skin them....possibly a favorite scene of yours or something like looking out the door of a plane while at altitude or over the edge of a cliff....might be cool to line the inside of the bathroom door...guess it depends on how long you spend in the "library"...
freespirit is offline   Reply With Quote