Bed area moisture control - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-06-2021, 01:58 PM   #21

Trailer: 5.0TA 2017
i use an electric dehumidifier works very well. I only need it in the winter I live in WA. in all my trailers i have experienced this issue leaving a window cracked and using an electric dehumidifier works very well.
Fox hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 05:20 PM   #22

Trailer: 2023 Escape 21C
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondasaurus View Post
Hi

Been using the trailer a lot during cold season. I do camp in winter in cold temperature at -18 celsius ou 0 F. One thing that is hard to keep without moisture is the bed area. The lack of air circulation combine with humidity of breading around the bed makes frost or moisture build up. Even with the bed's sheet away from the side, the differential in temperature combine with lack of air mouvement makes it hard to dry the mattress and the area. I do keep the compartment under the bed war with the closet door open

I've put that stuff over the bed board to elevate the mattress and hope to gain minimal air circulation. One thing is sure, it is gonna help the mattress to dry up and be mould free. I've done the same on the bench top.

Will se in the next season how it perform.
Hondasaurus,
What is the product you are showing with the dimples?
Greatboatz3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 05:46 PM   #23

Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Maybe a US customer would help and then bring the item to a rally, like Niagara later in the year?
Thanks Jim that's a great suggestion. I'll probably pick it up next time I cross at one of my KinekPoints which costs me almost nothing. Its a substitute American address for Canadians to have things shipped to USA near border crossing points, Cheers.
marsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 06:22 AM   #24

Trailer: Hello Hakuna Matata (Escape 19) bye bye Aliner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatboatz3 View Post
Hondasaurus,
What is the product you are showing with the dimples?

AlinO Revêtement de sous-sol / sous-plancher de 4 pi x 50 pi.
Utilisation idéale comme revêtement de sous-sol ou comme sous-couche de plancher sur béton. Il est étanche à l'humidité et ...
108,00 $ CA108,00 $ CA.
Home Depot Canada
Livraison gratuite
hondasaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 10:33 AM   #25

Trailer: 2019 21’ Escape
There's a few things we've done to mitigate the moisture problem around the bed in our 21'. We've lived in it down to -10F. We painted the plywood with Kilz to prevent mold. We also put a waterproof mattress cover on, pool noodle between the mattress and walls, and used a backpacker egg crate pad between the mattress and plywood. It allows airflow like the hypervent or froli system. So far we haven't had any issues!
Adventures in Nomadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 10:39 AM   #26

Trailer: Hello Hakuna Matata (Escape 19) bye bye Aliner
Quote:
Utilisation idéale comme revêtement de sous-sol ou comme sous-couche de plancher sur béton. Il est étanche à l'humidité et ...
108,00 $ CA108,00 $ CA.
Home Depot Canada
Livraison gratuite
Since I cannot modify my posting, I've just came back from the store with the exact material as for information. The price wast also very much less than advertise in my previous post by about 50%.

Did already use cut of part of pool noodle and painted the bord of all cabinet seat and bed. Easier in maintenance.
hondasaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 12:47 PM   #27

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21
We cut a pool noodle into 4 long strips. We have a 21C so the bed has 2 outside walls that do get condensation. I put the smaller noodles on those walls and behind the back cushions on the settee. The 1/4 round pool noodle definitely helps plus we run our max fan on low most of the time so it’s dry by the time we hit the sack. My problem is the tick tick tick of the max fan that used to be silent. It reverberates at a decibel my dear hubby cannot hear. Too much rock and roll in his early y-ears for sure!!!! Suggestions?
DebS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 12:59 PM   #28

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by DebS View Post
We cut a pool noodle into 4 long strips. We have a 21C so the bed has 2 outside walls that do get condensation. I put the smaller noodles on those walls and behind the back cushions on the settee. The 1/4 round pool noodle definitely helps plus we run our max fan on low most of the time so it’s dry by the time we hit the sack. My problem is the tick tick tick of the max fan that used to be silent. It reverberates at a decibel my dear hubby cannot hear. Too much rock and roll in his early y-ears for sure!!!! Suggestions?
The only time mine makes a ticking noise is when something is stuck inside the vent and hits the turning fan blades......
Old 04-07-2021, 01:45 PM   #29

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21
Thanks. It’s totally clean so I think it must be inside or not balanced properly. Unfortunately. I could probably see about getting it fixed ($$$) but it works fine. Just annoying when I tune in...
DebS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 04:16 PM   #30

Trailer: 2023 Escape 21C
Quote:
108,00 $ CA108,00 $ CA.
Home Depot Canada
Livraison gratuite
Thank you Hondasaurus, I was able to translate it to Alino Basement Covering.
Home Depot has it for $92.22 US, $ft. x 50 ft.
Greatboatz3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 05:14 PM   #31

Trailer: 2021 Escape 21NE
I’m keeping humidity below 50% and haven’t had any moisture problems
Yet on my 21NE. Hygrometer rules.
Pasi in WA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 11:20 PM   #32

Trailer: 2020 Escape 5.0
We have a new 5.0 which has carpet under the queen mattress. Is venting necessary between the carpet and mattress? We have noticed moisture running down the head wall and getting the edge of the mattress damp. Not good. I can see that pool noodles may keep the moisture from the mattress but it will still soak up the carpet. To keep moisture from accumulating on the head wall will require humidity control using a dehumidifier, opening a window or running the vent. Any other ideas and suggestions appreciated.
TKscape is offline   Reply With Quote