Bed lift struts for 19' - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-16-2018, 08:10 AM   #1

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19 towing with a 2019 Honda Ridgeline
Bed lift struts for 19'

I am assuming that ETI does not install bed lift struts on the 19' queen bed hatch, so am wondering if others have installed them and if they are working ok. I had them on a previous trailer and really like the ability to store large items (toppers, sleeping bags, etc) under the bed from above.
the5reeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 10:42 AM   #2

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
ETI will not do this as far as I know. Bed/hatch lifts have been done by a few members before, but on 21's. I can't see why something couldn't be made to work on a 19.

http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f4...html#post47512

http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8...21-a-5472.html

https://www.hatchlift.com/index.php?...tegory&path=60
rubicon327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 11:22 AM   #3
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Or, you could get really fancy and do a power reclining bed in your 19' like Ian Giles... video, info here: http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8...tion-8074.html
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 03:12 PM   #4

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
Doing a bed lift on a 19 may be a problem as it is a real bed and not the lightest thing to lift. I find that as soon as you get to the windows the bed gets hung up on the knobs. As long as you don’t want to go any higher it could work.
I did this which is 4 cubic feet of inside pull out storage each...doesn’t mess the bed.
Attached Thumbnails
7F045CBC-9B18-444F-80A2-E6AE4A1FDF93.jpg  

https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8...ape-12918.html
Eggscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 09:44 AM   #5

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
I blame Ron for this: We liked our mattress so much but needed to make it even better so found an IKEA and bought their Lonsett slotted wood bed "springs". We love it, but now, lifting the mattress to access the hatch underneath, previously a bear, is completely impossible. Building sliding long drawers for access underneath is very wise. Crawling under there to check the plumbing, not so much.
Attached Thumbnails
BedLonset.jpg  
Old 10-30-2018, 11:36 AM   #6

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Yah, well I blame you for building your own tongue box and giving me the idea.

Oh wait, I love having a custom tongue box that fits my needs so a guess that I can't blame you.

Fortunately accessing the plumbing, now that the accumulator tank is installed, is a very infrequent occurrence.

I've offered to build long pull out drawers but M. would rather have individual totes for various things. We also have a shallow tote accessible from the side hatch for specific things. So all-in-all we're happy with the status quo.

It'd be interesting to see the results if someone tried putting struts on the platform. Not sure about the interaction at the back wall though.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 11:53 AM   #7

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
Think struts there would need to be power assisted to lift that mattress. For me another issue is blockage from my added side wall shelving, not to mention the usual septinagarian ussues.
Old 10-30-2018, 02:10 PM   #8

Trailer: 2018 21' ; 2014 19' (Sold)
I agree that any lift to the bed would be limited and, because you can access the under-bed area from the front double doors, to me, a lift seems unnecessary. Now, in the 21' I would love a lift; however, it would mean cutting into the plywood and I'm not too keen on that.

Jan

We do not remember days, we remember moments.
- Cesare Pavese
CADreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 03:08 PM   #9

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyronL View Post
I blame Ron for this: We liked our mattress so much but needed to make it even better so found an IKEA and bought their Lonsett slotted wood bed "springs". We love it, but now, lifting the mattress to access the hatch underneath, previously a bear, is completely impossible. Building sliding long drawers for access underneath is very wise. Crawling under there to check the plumbing, not so much.
Myron: My daughter would love that Paw Patrol pillow.
rubicon327 is offline   Reply With Quote