Bluetooth speaker - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-02-2021, 06:35 PM   #21

Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyB View Post
I have the Bose Mini II SE Sound Link. Paid $150 new for it.

Amazing sound AND battery life. I charged it to full Friday night and I played it most of the daytime Saturday & Sunday (6+ hours each day) and I still have 50% battery remaining.

Small (fits in pocket), sounds amazing with great bass & clear voice and incredible battery life.
I have two, one is the similar yours, the Bose SoundLink Micro Bluetooth and its great sound and very portable; my larger speaker which I use mostly outdoors cause seem to have more body is the Marley Get Together Mini Bluetooth Speaker (Denim). I actually use the speakers as a soundbar for my TV as well using this transmitter that you plug into your audio out jack of the TV and it connects right to the bluetooth speakers; now I get amazing stereo sound out of my TV and don't need a separate soundbar. My transmitter is this model https://www.amazon.com/TaoTronics-Bl...s%2C422&sr=8-3
marsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 06:56 PM   #22

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg A View Post
This is as diverse as the brands and types of Coffee people drink.
The brands I buy are the names of local roasters when I don't roast my own. As far as origins go, I love trying different ones. Variety is the spice of life there. Now speakers, gonna love the one I have. [emoji16]
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 07:35 PM   #23

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepy View Post
I just bought a Sony SRS-XB32 extra bass. It is connected to my android whats-it. Seems to work fine. It'll also allow for extra speaker pairing, and direct connections. The battery is supposed to be good for 24 hours.
Plus it'll answer my phone. Not sure about that.
I didn't care about the extra bass but it's there anyways.
$100 at Costco Canada.
Love Sony and also bought similar at Costco . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 11:44 PM   #24

Trailer: 2017 21c Sold, 2023 Bigfoot 25RQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by brroberts View Post
Yep. I don’t drink coffee, but have strong opinions on audio since it’s what I do. In general, I don’t like bluetooth because of what you get in audio quality, but I do have the previously mentioned JBL Extreme 2, and a bluetooth transmitter in the barn because I understand the convenience.
The latest Bluetooth tech is quite good, apt Bluetooth 5.0 I have a pair of bang and Olufsen headphones that sound exquisite. I have been an Audi pro at times over the last 30 years as well as a working musician. For excellent trailer audio no Bluetooth, Apple TV sounds really good with the optical out to a small amp and speaker setup, but you need to have your wireless setup also it uses Ethernet for transmission of audio.

Me I’ll just play my old mandolin and not listen to music while I’m in the trailer. It works of grid.
oldwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 03:04 AM   #25
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
We have a JBL Charge4, which I'm listening to right now while typing. its quite good sounding, can put out more bass than its size suggests is possible, runs for many hours on a charge. it sounds good soft, and it can crank it pretty hard.

I tested a JBL Flip, thats like a smaller version of this, and for soft music up close sounded very nice and clean, but I wanted something that could put out more punch, so got the Charge.

We also have a Sony SRS-X55, whihc is about the size of a brick, sounds very good for its size, runs for many hours on its battery. needs to be on a hard solid tabletop to make good bass. its a little fragile, and I'd rather leave it at home.

The charge4 sounds nearly as good as the Sony when quiet, and sounds better when loud, and is rugged and water resistant. submersible to 6 feet for 3 minutes, or something, plenty of time to fish it out of the swimming pool.

the JBL Extreme is their really huge really loud version of the same basic design.

the larger red one is a Charge, the smaller red one is the Flip.

the little round thing is the Clip or something. the big blue one is the Extreme, and I forget what they call that big monster with the handle in the back. it can rock pretty hard for a portable. they are all availalbe in dozens of colors and patterns, even custom printed with your own artwork if you want to pay for it.
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 07:34 AM   #26

Trailer: 2021 E19 (Padawan)
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldwave View Post
The latest Bluetooth tech is quite good, apt Bluetooth 5.0 I have a pair of bang and Olufsen headphones that sound exquisite. I have been an Audi pro at times over the last 30 years as well as a working musician. For excellent trailer audio no Bluetooth, Apple TV sounds really good with the optical out to a small amp and speaker setup, but you need to have your wireless setup also it uses Ethernet for transmission of audio.

Me I’ll just play my old mandolin and not listen to music while I’m in the trailer. It works of grid.
For me, I definitely hear degradation over wireless protocols. I still use it at times, and most people either can’t hear the difference, or it’s not that important to them. It is important to me, so I only use it when I need the convenience. Most people find mp3’s fine, but I try hard not to listen to them. Even on my phone I try to use a good lossless codec which does limit the amount I can get on the phone. Camping is one place I usually don’t do critical listening, but after we have been on the road a few weeks I miss it. It’s one of several several reasons we don’t want to full time.

I do agree, for most people, including my wife, it’s fine. So for anyone to know what gear they want to listen to, they have to hear it to ensure they get something they like. If it works for you, it works. There are lots of ways to enjoy music. So I hope each of you finds a way to enjoy music.
Old 03-10-2021, 10:13 AM   #27

Trailer: 2019 Escape 19
We use Oontz also very inexpensive and easy to operate with decent sound quality.
Glens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 10:59 AM   #28

Trailer: 2019 Escape 19
I have the same, Bose Mini...works great with wonderful sound. I can connect to laptop or phone.
lostskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 11:05 AM   #29

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19 ft
Bluetooth Speaker

We bought a simple "Rock" bluetooth speaker which has decent sound but one important criteria is for a speaker to be waterproof for camping. Our son helped us rig up something so our Escape stereo would be bluetooth but this quit working on our last trip in the summer.
Weluvcamping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 11:59 AM   #30
Red

Trailer: 2018 19 ft Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWYORKHILLBILLY View Post
Looking for some feedback on Bluetooth speakers. My trailer has no sound system and am thinking of a decent Bluetooth speaker. I know nothing about these units. I would use it inside and out from my phone and maybe inside for a movie off my wife's i pod or maybe labtop. a little searching shows prices from 20-400. of course I don't want to be spend more than needed,But don't want junk either.What do you use?
I have used the Bose Sound Link 2 for the last 3 years. Great sound, compact, water resistant, good battery life, works good outdoors without annoying the neighbors, USB charging, stereo capable if you buy two. I also have a tiny portable Bluetooth sender that I can plug into the TV output that works great. There are so many Bluetooth speakers that provide the same functionality, you need listen to some and chose which sounds the best to you.
Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 12:32 PM   #31

Trailer: 2020 Escape 5.0TA "Zen"
How much money do you want to spend and how important is fidelity? The answers range from $40 to (in my case) $600. But I also combine a first rate speaker with a guitar amplifier with two channels. Cause I got issues!

But I also have two (not one but two) of the best bluetooth speakers you can purchase.

1. My absolute favorite over any Bose system!!!
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...stic-combo-amp

2. My favorite Bose system.
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...m-with-battery
UncleTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 01:21 PM   #32

Trailer: 2020 Esacpe 19'(Hillbilly Heaven) ETI best named trailer of the year
Thanks for all the input. I decided to install The same Boss stereo that ETI installs.https://bossaudio.com/product/bv6658b/ seems I can install this for about the same price as a good blue tooth speaker. Plus it will give me the ability to play movies and listen to local radio. This got me thinking I should get a cheaper Bluetooth for outside. I decided on the anker soundcore that Greg recommended on amazon. I very impressed with this unit I was not expecting much in this price range.should serve my purpose

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1.
NEWYORKHILLBILLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 03:02 PM   #33

Trailer: 2021 E19 (Padawan)
Glad you found something that works well for you.
Old 03-10-2021, 03:16 PM   #34

Trailer: 2016 Scamp 13' layout 2
We have a JBL Charge that I like to take, since it is designed to have battery capacity to charge your phone or other devices when you aren't connected to AC. It's more than enough sound for our 13 foot Scamp.
jdebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 04:06 PM   #35

Trailer: 2021 Escape 19
Really happy with our JBL Charge 4. Great sound; no distortion when it’s loud, links to several devices without having to disconnect to move from one to another. Good portable size and well-priced at $180. Full charge lasts at least 8 hours. And you can drop ‘em. Don’t ask how I know.
montazonalinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 11:31 AM   #36

Trailer: 2011 17B; Prior-2009 Escape-13B
I use Bose Mini, too. $130 at Costco if I recall.
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 01:22 PM   #37

Trailer: "Side Effect" 2022 21C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean View Post
I use Bose Mini, too. $130 at Costco if I recall.
Do you get great battery life as well?

I "easily" get 12+ hours out of mine.
WillyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 11:21 PM   #38

Trailer: 2011 17B; Prior-2009 Escape-13B
Sorry, haven't counted, but no complaints and charges pretty fast.
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 05:39 AM   #39

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
The length of playing time depends a lot on volume. Outside at full volume will be about 25% of the time inside at low volume.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 06:53 AM   #40

Trailer: "Side Effect" 2022 21C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
The length of playing time depends a lot on volume. Outside at full volume will be about 25% of the time inside at low volume.
I agree.

Sitting on the patio playing at half volume our Bose easily gets 12+ hours of playing time. Any louder than that it's just too loud.
WillyB is offline   Reply With Quote