Cabinetry Work In My 5.0TA - Page 5 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-01-2018, 03:59 PM   #81

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by canakiwi View Post
Jim,

We have a 21 on order and are finalizing the options. Just love your Oven and it is on a really good sale at the moment, but ETI won't substitute any oven. It is theirs or none. While I am OK installing things like an oven I am certainly not able to tackle cabinet work. The only difference between the caribbean and the Wedgewood ETI now install is the cutout height, the caribbean being 21 inches as opposed to the Wedgewood 16. I was thinking maybe I could just keep the bottom door cupboard that is standard and remove the top cupboard door and associated internal bits. What height is your bottom drawer. That will then enable us to finalize our plans.
Here are the drawings I did of the final layout, and from that I got the framing plan, both shown here.

5,0TA Galley Plan.pdf
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 04:17 PM   #82

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21 & 2014 RAM EcoDiesel
Thank you very much. Just brilliant, the drawings are as good as the work.

This forum is a source of just so much in formation and help, it continues to astound me.
Thanks again. (Kevin & Sharon)
canakiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 12:21 PM   #83

Trailer: 2015 Escape 21
Great looking work!
I'm planning on changing out the laminate and the upholstery in my Escaper 21 to lighten up the interior. I noticed your sink and faucet in the photos and would like to utilize the same ones when I make the laminate change. Do you by chance still have the brand and model numbers for the ones you used?

Many thanks,
paull5
paull5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 04:55 PM   #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by paull5 View Post
Great looking work!
I'm planning on changing out the laminate and the upholstery in my Escaper 21 to lighten up the interior. I noticed your sink and faucet in the photos and would like to utilize the same ones when I make the laminate change. Do you by chance still have the brand and model numbers for the ones you used?

Many thanks,
paull5
Thanks, Paul.

Not sure the model number, but the tap is a Cuisinart. I got it as one of those loss leaders at sale at Canadian tire. The sink was from wayfair.ca. A great size for the trailer.
https://www.wayfair.ca/home-improvem...ra_d=&libra_g=

Found it on wayfair.com too.
https://www.wayfair.com/home-improve...-soei1102.html
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Old 12-16-2018, 01:23 PM   #85

Trailer: 2015 Escape 21
Thanks, Jim
paull5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2020, 08:38 PM   #86

Trailer: 2020 Escape 5.0
Where did you get the edging for the countertop? I just ripped out my countertop to change the laminate and can't seem to find that style.
jphil23462 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 08:22 AM   #87

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5TA
Jim,

Reading through the 2 burner stove manual (waiting for stove delivery) I am confused about the cutout size. I did not purchase the built in kit. The dimensions in your drawing appear to be larger than the standard cutout. Did you install your stove with the built in kit? If so do you recommend it installed that way.

Thanks for your help
Barry
strawbarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 09:36 AM   #88

Trailer: 2017 21' Escape - upgraded version
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawbarry View Post
Jim,

Reading through the 2 burner stove manual (waiting for stove delivery) I am confused about the cutout size. I did not purchase the built in kit. The dimensions in your drawing appear to be larger than the standard cutout. Did you install your stove with the built in kit? If so do you recommend it installed that way.

Thanks for your help
Barry
Jim and Reace are long time friends and Jim bought the trailer in a somewhat stripped condition so he could build the interior as he wanted. Jim is a professional at interior cabinetry and Reace knew this to allow the trailer to leave Chilliwack in an unfinished state.

Jim's trailer is the only one that I have ever hear of that Reace allowed the sale of one of his trailers in that kind of state. The work that Jim did is testament to Reace's faith in Jim's abilities.

So, there was no "standard" anything when Jim received his trailer as very little of the interior was installed - it was a clean slate for Jim to do his magic.
Old 10-21-2020, 10:20 AM   #89

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
......a veritable "one of a kind" model
Old 10-22-2020, 07:32 PM   #90

Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA
Jim, that is amazing work. Escape should be taking lessons on kitchen design from you!! BTW I see some very nice single malts Scotch in your cabinet, I'm a big Scotch fan myself, love my Talisker and Bowmore shots.
marsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 07:40 AM   #91

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Jim is not the first, nor probably the last to customize their interiors, here is a link to an earlier customization by ChrisR that was extraordinary....https://escape440.wordpress.com
Old 10-23-2020, 08:12 AM   #92

Trailer: 2020 5.0TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Jim is not the first, nor probably the last to customize their interiors, here is a link to an earlier customization by ChrisR that was extraordinary....https://escape440.wordpress.com
Both these customizations of the 5.0 are amazing!

Thanks so much for sharing!!! Sorry I'm not handy, but still can dream!

Want2Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 10:25 AM   #93

Trailer: 2017 21' Escape - upgraded version
Quote:
OMG! Thanks for sharing this, Jim. First time I have seen this and my wife was aweing and oohing as we went through the pics.
Old 10-23-2020, 03:44 PM   #94

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17A
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdf-texas View Post
OMG! Thanks for sharing this, Jim. First time I have seen this and my wife was aweing and oohing as we went through the pics.

Tom, how big did your project list just get??
dfandrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 04:01 PM   #95

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Was just about to share about Chris R and you did 👍🏻Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 08:22 AM   #96

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawbarry View Post
Jim,

Thanks for your help
Barry
As mentioned, I had made a special arrangement with Reace to supply the trailer with only the framework and paneling done for the cabinetry, although really no galley. He did this only because he knew me well enough to know I would finish the project. Escape is not actually allowed to release an unfinished trailer. While many owners want certain options and other add-ons, I kinda have a mind of my own on these things, and a bar was certainly a priority in any trailer of mine.

The galley was completely built by me with one exception, I did use the stock left side near the door.
Quote:
Originally Posted by marsman View Post
Jim, that is amazing work. Escape should be taking lessons on kitchen design from you!! BTW I see some very nice single malts Scotch in your cabinet, I'm a big Scotch fan myself, love my Talisker and Bowmore shots.
Thanks. I love whiskey of all sorts, Scotch, Irish, Rye, Bourbon, Japanese, and so on. Diversity is the key to my enjoyment.
Quote:
I had already formulated a lot of ideas for my upcoming 5.0TA and when I saw Chris's work I was impressed, from both a quality and functionality prospect. So much so, that on a trip to Escape to go over some details pre-build, I headed out to Victoria for the night to visit with Chris and his wife, see his trailer and discuss things. A very worthwhile visit.

It is very rare for me to use other's ideas as done, I usually like to redesign things to fit my needs. While I did this to some degree, and added my own thoughts and ideas to the build, I did use some of Chris's ideas pretty much as he had done. I appreciate the thought and ideas he put into what he did, as it matched quite well to my way of thinking, and lessened all the details I had to work out for myself.
Old 10-25-2020, 01:19 PM   #97

Trailer: 2021 21C - March Delivery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
I had already formulated a lot of ideas for my upcoming 5.0TA and when I saw Chris's work I was impressed, from both a quality and functionality prospect. So much so, that on a trip to Escape to go over some details pre-build, I headed out to Victoria for the night to visit with Chris and his wife, see his trailer and discuss things. A very worthwhile visit.

It is very rare for me to use other's ideas as done, I usually like to redesign things to fit my needs. While I did this to some degree, and added my own thoughts and ideas to the build, I did use some of Chris's ideas pretty much as he had done. I appreciate the thought and ideas he put into what he did, as it matched quite well to my way of thinking, and lessened all the details I had to work out for myself.
I am so impressed by the workmanship of both 5.0 TAs. Bravo!

I'm particularly interested in ChrisR's lounge area. I'd like to recreate that in my upcoming 2021 21C. Comfort is key!
AmyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 02:28 PM   #98

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyT View Post
I am so impressed by the workmanship of both 5.0 TAs. Bravo!

I'm particularly interested in ChrisR's lounge area. I'd like to recreate that in my upcoming 2021 21C. Comfort is key!
If things were not so busy for me right now, I would be doing a bunch more nice things in my trailer. Oh well, using it for camping is the best thing anyway.
Old 10-25-2020, 03:26 PM   #99

Trailer: 2021 21C - March Delivery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
If things were not so busy for me right now, I would be doing a bunch more nice things in my trailer. Oh well, using it for camping is the best thing anyway.
... So I guess having mine delivered to you for customization would be a hard no.
AmyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 08:16 PM   #100

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyT View Post
... So I guess having mine delivered to you for customization would be a hard no.
As soon as I finish the major reno I have undertaken on this house, and get it sold, I might think about it. Until then, kinda busy.