Comforter Size for a 21 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-14-2018, 02:02 PM   #1

Trailer: 2018 21 Soon
Comforter Size for a 21

This exact question was asked back a few years but the topic got railroaded into a sheet and mattress thread and no one answered the question. We know the bed in the 21 is a Full XL (54x80) and you can get a lot of sheets in that size but we don't see any comforters. What size are you guys using for your comforter. The Twin size seems to run 68x88 and the queen size 90x90. Was worried the comforter might not wrap around the sides and end enough being the top layer but the queen seemed like a lot of fabric width wise to deal with. I am 6'4" tall and want to cover all my parts.

Thanks - Dave
IdahoFlyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 03:44 PM   #2

Trailer: 2018 Escape 17A double dinette
Dave, if you pick a comforter with an overall pattern, it would be pretty easy to make a 90x90 comforter narrower and keep the 90 inch length. One edge might be finished in a different way, like without the same binding, but that edge could be against the long wall. If you don't care about it being reversible, you could also easily put a narrow sleeve on the side that faces the bed, around that bottom outside corner, and put elastic through it so you wouldn't have to deal with extra fabric there. Anyone who sews would find this an easy project, probably less than an hour.
Old 02-15-2018, 04:17 PM   #3

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21, 2017 Toyota Tundra 5.7L 4x4
We use a twin size quilt. It hangs over about 4 inches on each side of the bed when flat and is long enough to tuck in well at the foot. We are used to sleeping close together, so we don't mind if a little bed is exposed at night.
Old 02-15-2018, 05:51 PM   #4

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21
Why not sure a queen size and have extra? We sleep in a cal king at home and can never have too much covers
sailor231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 06:50 PM   #5

Trailer: 2018 21 Soon
At home the extra just hangs over the side. In a 21 you have walls down both sides and I was afraid that would be a little messy having to have all the extra on the bed vs hanging down the side. Does anyone use a queen and tucks the extra in, wasn't sure how much room for tucking in there might be.

Dave
IdahoFlyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 10:58 AM   #6

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
For what it's worth, I use a standard full sized comforter, tuck in the sides, and let the bottom hang down. Not quite enough length to tuck the bottom in, but it covers the mattress.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0647.jpg