dicor slider/springfield pedestal questions - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-25-2019, 05:49 PM   #21

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
The top of my raised floor is 3 5/8" higher than the rest of the floor. I also held it back 5" from the corner trim piece and like the extra foot room there. Don't miss that 5" when seated at all.
Attached Thumbnails
20190725_154348.jpg  
Old 07-25-2019, 07:15 PM   #22

Trailer: TBD
I'm wondering why the quick release cam locks aren't all located on the same half of the table for easier accessibility. It looks to me that several rivets would have to be drilled out to get them all on the same side. It might be worth the effort. Anybody see a downside to having the quick releases towards the forward side of the table
Old 07-25-2019, 07:22 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farther View Post
I'm wondering why the quick release cam locks aren't all located on the same half of the table for easier accessibility. It looks to me that several rivets would have to be drilled out to get them all on the same side. It might be worth the effort. Anybody see a downside to having the quick releases towards the forward side of the table
Not sure what you mean about cam locks aren't all located on the same half of the table. As to the orientation of the lock handles I carefully decided how I wanted them before deciding how to mount the base. They are placed for ease of operation for me; YMMV.
Old 07-25-2019, 07:50 PM   #24

If you look at the pictures that John posted under the table looking up, you will see that of the three quick releases that two of them will be a reach when standing in front of the table. Mine are the same but yours may be different. Please post a picture of yours.
Old 07-25-2019, 08:08 PM   #25

I only see two black "quick releases"- same as mine. The silver latch at the top of John's photo is a Dicor Slide lock.
Old 07-25-2019, 08:11 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossue View Post
I only see two black "quick releases"- same as mine.
I'm talking about the silver Dicor slide quick releases. There are three of them.
Old 07-25-2019, 08:22 PM   #27
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
my wife wants the 4" rise on 'her' side of the dinette (curb side). she's 5'2 with very short lower legs (runs in her family on the female side... thankfully both our kids are fairly tall so I guess my genes stepped in).

OTOH, maybe I will just put a (round? octagonal? square?) riser just big enough for the base, then have a 'loose' step block she can put on her side, perhaps with a nonslip rubber bottom. or just put two 2x4's on edge between the slider rails and the table top, hmmmmmm. I figure any screws I put into the original floor can't penetrate more than 1/2" or 5/8" as thats how long the screws stuck out that held the original table bases in place.
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 08:24 PM   #28
Site Team

I was going to put the springfield extension clamps on the 'front' facing side, but when the springfield is completely compressed, the upper one is 'behind' the slider rails and can't be unlocked easily, so I had to rotate the base so they are on the ''street" side, as shown in my pic.
Old 07-25-2019, 08:41 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farther View Post
I'm talking about the silver Dicor slide quick releases. There are three of them.
Ok, I understand; there are two that control front to rear and only one for side to side. Don't believe there would be any advantage to rearranging them.
Old 07-25-2019, 08:50 PM   #30

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17A
Equatorial mount looks easier!
dfandrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 08:16 AM   #31

Trailer: 2018 21 Sept 7 2018
Hey John if you raise the floor in that area, make sure you allow room to be able to change out your power center in the need ever arises. Friend of mine did that on his stick built n 3 months later his went out. Had a devil of a time changing it
Oldtimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 10:41 AM   #32

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
I have no issues with where the slide cams are located. I have the table rotated so one for each direction is at the front.

BTW, our table is full sized for the U-shaped dinette, but we usually keep it turned 90° to keep the extra room to the rear of the trailer instead of between us.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 12:07 PM   #33
Site Team

plan is now having a friend who does wood turning make me a 3.5" high 'cylinder' of oak or something, 12" OD, 10" ID, countersink drill this in 8 places to screw to floor, and pilot drill it in 8 more places for the screws for the base of the Springfield.

if my wife wants a 3" or 4" step, I'll find something standalone.
Old 07-26-2019, 12:18 PM   #34

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Oak is costly.
That is CAD.
Attached Thumbnails
Screen Shot 2019-07-26 at 10.14.50 AM.png  
Old 07-26-2019, 01:20 PM   #35

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21 2017 GMC Canyon Duramax Diesel
ETI glues down the table slides

Much to my dismay, when removing the old plastic table slides from the ETI table top, I found they now glue them down with construction adhesive. Despite some careful work with a chisel, it was not possible to get the glued slides off without damaging the plywood underneath. ETI glue is stronger than the glue used to laminate the plywood. Our is a 2019 and I hope those who are installing the Dicor 4 way slide do not have the same problem. I am undecided about how best to repair the tabletop for installation. Any suggestions from you woodworkers out there?
Attached Thumbnails
web_tabletop with slides removed.jpg  
Chama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 01:30 PM   #36
Site Team

is this glue hard and brittle? sand it down using a sanding block. if its rubbery that probably won't work.

or take of what you can with a draw knife, then smooth on some filler compound, then sand ?
Old 07-26-2019, 01:30 PM   #37

Trailer: 2018 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chama View Post
Much to my dismay, when removing the old plastic table slides from the ETI table top, I found they now glue them down with construction adhesive. Despite some careful work with a chisel, it was not possible to get the glued slides off without damaging the plywood underneath. ETI glue is stronger than the glue used to laminate the plywood. Our is a 2019 and I hope those who are installing the Dicor 4 way slide do not have the same problem. I am undecided about how best to repair the tabletop for installation. Any suggestions from you woodworkers out there?
My first thought is wood putty. (well after oh Sh...)
MikeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 01:45 PM   #38

Trailer: 2018 5.0 T/A "Escaper"
My slider is still in the box but I'll be in the mix soon too. As for the glue residue, if it is hard/brittle, this should work to remove it. Should be available in most larger hardware stores. Any sharp chisel would work too if you are careful. I wouldn't worry about filling in any voids as they shouldn't cause any issues.
Attached Thumbnails
s-l1600.jpg  
akmacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 02:09 PM   #39

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by John in Santa Cruz View Post
plan is now having a friend who does wood turning make me a 3.5" high 'cylinder' of oak or something, 12" OD, 10" ID, countersink drill this in 8 places to screw to floor, and pilot drill it in 8 more places for the screws for the base of the Springfield.

if my wife wants a 3" or 4" step, I'll find something standalone.
Well, lucky you. If you didn't have a wood turning friend you could have using your router with an attachment to let you route disks and stacked them but it's always nice to have a friend that can do it quicker and easier.

Of course we will expect photos.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 03:58 PM   #40
Site Team

hmm, I could make a circle jig, I guess, and make like 7 or 8 12" OD 10" ID circles from the 1/2" birch ply pieces I already have, then laminate them together, but somehow I'm not picturing that working real well, getting the circles exactly the right OD then getting them exactly lined up when gluing them together is the part that scares me.