Dinette Edge Trim ? - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-12-2015, 12:15 PM   #1

Trailer: Bigfoot 25' 2018
Dinette Edge Trim ?

There is a plastic trim covering the 1/8" plywood on the dinette seats of our 19. It is a C or U channel and slips over this thin plywood. The color matches the walls well.

Does anyone know where to buy some of this trim? Anything similar? How about a better name so I can do a more effective Internet search? Substitute?

I need it to trim out a new plywood insert at the very front of the dinette after raising the floor. The one that's between the benches on an angle front to back.

Thanks in advance.
currinh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 01:15 PM   #2

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA (Little Elsie) Extensively Personalized
You might just call Escape and ask Reace. I'm sure he would sell you some or tell you where to get it.
Old 01-12-2015, 03:05 PM   #3

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I had Reace bring a couple of piece to the rally in Osoyoos last year, it comes in 8' strips, they also cover the edges in the cubbies and I wanted to cover all the edges not just the bottom ones. I'm sure you can get some there this year if you ask him to bring some to the rally. It is "U" shaped and cut with scissors.
Old 01-16-2015, 10:07 AM   #4

Thanks for the replies. It does makes sense to contact ETI for trim. We won't get to Osoyoos this year but might talk Reese and Tammy into bringing some to Bandon. Althernately, shipping can't be that expensive.

I found I can get by re-using trim for my temporary testing. If it all works out, I'll likely do the finish work this summer. When I figure it out I'll call ETI and see what we can arrange.

Again, thank you for the help.
Old 01-16-2015, 11:11 AM   #5

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15B - 2014 Nissan Frontier SL
Quote:
Originally Posted by currinh View Post
Thanks for the replies. It does makes sense to contact ETI for trim. We won't get to Osoyoos this year but might talk Reese and Tammy into bringing some to Bandon. Althernately, shipping can't be that expensive.

I found I can get by re-using trim for my temporary testing. If it all works out, I'll likely do the finish work this summer. When I figure it out I'll call ETI and see what we can arrange.

Again, thank you for the help.
We can pick it up at Osooyoos and give to you at Bandon. Send me a PM and arrange details. Tim
techfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 11:15 AM   #6

Trailer: 2013 19' & 2013 15B
I would not bother with having anything shipped from ETI. This is a super common product. Just do a google search for "plastic t-moulding table edging". There has got to be numerous suppliers in your area who would be able to provide the same or a comparable product.

"It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it." - 1907, Maurice Switzer
Dave Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 02:03 PM   #7

Tim & Julie: That would be great, I'll PM you.

IceBreaker: It's not the table trim. I need the C or U channel which goes over the 1/8" plywood at the top of the dinette seat. I've Googled and found similar molding, mostly for auto use, but not close enough. I think it's a rigid plastic but haven't yet pulled the old stuff off.

I also thought I needed the molding for the front dinette panel. This is around the angled piece at the front of the dinette between the trailer wall and floor. It's also 1/8" ply but has a different flexible molding. I was able to re-use the original here.

This is picture of the front corner of the dinette. I've built up the dinette height so ignore the lumber.

I hope this makes sense.

Thanks.
Old 01-16-2015, 02:33 PM   #8

Trailer: 2013 19' & 2013 15B
Quote:
Tim & Julie: That would be great, I'll PM you.

IceBreaker: It's not the table trim. I need the C or U channel which goes over the 1/8" plywood at the top of the dinette seat. I've Googled and found similar molding, mostly for auto use, but not close enough. I think it's a rigid plastic but haven't yet pulled the old stuff off.

I also thought I needed the molding for the front dinette panel. This is around the angled piece at the front of the dinette between the trailer wall and floor. It's also 1/8" ply but has a different flexible molding. I was able to re-use the original here.

This is picture of the front corner of the dinette. I've built up the dinette height so ignore the lumber.

I hope this makes sense.

Thanks.
Sorry, I thought you were looking for the plastic table trim. The "oak" (or similar) trim must be available at locations other than Chilliwack. But of course, if Reace can send you a piece, that would save you the trouble of sourcing it yourself.

"It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it." - 1907, Maurice Switzer
Dave Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 06:10 PM   #9

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:

I need the C or U channel which goes over the 1/8" plywood at the top of the dinette seat. I've Googled and found similar molding, mostly for auto use, but not close enough. I think it's a rigid plastic but haven't yet pulled the old stuff off..
I've looked in a couple of places that had similar products but the color didn't match. I'll keep looking but sooner or later I'll be passing by ETI and if I haven't found any by then I'll buy some from them.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote