Dump Valve mod - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-05-2017, 06:58 PM   #41

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Where is the poutine when you need it?
Old 03-05-2017, 07:19 PM   #42

Trailer: None now
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Where is the poutine when you need it?
So you are looking for a little heart stopping action

You could always pick up a batch of Disco Fries.

Or a little further south Cheddar Cheese grits N shrimp.
" yum "
wetzk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 07:21 PM   #43

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbrightsteve View Post
Bitter? Do you really think that is an appropriate description? Jim, I'm just amazed at something I have almost never seen before. I am convinced that ETI builds a quality travel trailer and that the owners "care" and that the organization is "human". Maybe instead of labeling me as "bitter" , you might ask what's up? What's going on? Does you comment mean you don't think I'm welcome?
It is what came to mind. Maybe unhappy would be better. A wordsmith I am not. Saying that folks here believe Escape can do no wrong, and that you were lucky to get a response from Sarah led me to that assumption.

And yes, it was an assumption I made, which I know full well can be mistaken. Case in point, you somehow took from my post that you might not be welcome. I can unequivocally say¹ that this is not true. Anyway, I was being a bit defensive there, and apologize for that.

¹ Maybe I could say unequivocally, but I sure had a hard time typing it.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 07:38 PM   #44

Trailer: 2018 19'
I have just experienced the build process, the preview & the p/u of a new trailer. Escape has been extremely attentive to my many questions via email & phone calls. They go over & above what might be expected from other trailer manufacturers. Just sayin
Mucram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 07:55 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mucram View Post
I have just experienced the build process, the preview & the p/u of a new trailer. Escape has been extremely attentive to my many questions via email & phone calls. They go over & above what might be expected from other trailer manufacturers. Just sayin
Think about it. If they are putting out two trailers a day, they are also dealing with the equivalent two customers email and telephone communications every day. If we say that every customer has even just 30 communications with them, they are getting at least 60 a day. And this is not even the ones from curious people, or people stopping in, or follow up communications, or the fact that there are some people who surpass the 30 count I used by a looooong shot.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Old 03-05-2017, 08:03 PM   #46

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Many questions won't have simple answers either.
What's the height, width and depth of the 5 cu. ft. fridge freezer?
I still have to measure mine cause wife wants to know what size salmon fillet will fit.
Old 03-05-2017, 08:05 PM   #47

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I'm tempted to see if a growler will fit in mine....
Old 03-05-2017, 08:15 PM   #48
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Escape has been very good at answering my inquiries, and addressing my concerns. So good in fact, that I consider them one of the best companies I've ever done business with. But, that is not to say they can "do no wrong". When human beings are involved in anything, mistakes will be made and errors will occur. The measure of a great business, for me anyway, is how responsively and effectively they address those issues, and the value and quality for my hard earned dollar. On that basis, I rate them at the top.

If you want a more personable experience, it also helps to be personable. Yes, there have been a couple times I've sent (or delivered in person during a rally) a small gift to either Reace or Tammy. I don't look at that as a bribe, but a sincere thank you to people I consider friends.
Old 03-06-2017, 12:25 PM   #49

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
If we say that every customer has even just 30 communications with them, they are getting at least 60 a day.
Man, they must have felt that they were on holidays when we ordered ours. I remember 3 contacts, one to see a demo unit and order a 17 which then turned into a 19 , two to go out and sign the paperwork and three to pick it up.

If they get that many contacts per order I'm amazed that any work gets done.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 12:47 PM   #50

Trailer: 2013 19' & 2013 15B
Quote:
...If we say that every customer has even just 30 communications with them, they are getting at least 60 a day. And this is not even the ones from curious people, or people stopping in, or follow up communications, or the fact that there are some people who surpass the 30 count I used by a looooong shot.
I think the sum total of my pre-purchase communications with Escape was <10 including both emails and phone calls. Hard to imagine what I would have had to talk about to bring that up to 30?

"It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it." - 1907, Maurice Switzer
Dave Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 12:49 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
Man, they must have felt that they were on holidays when we ordered ours. I remember 3 contacts, one to see a demo unit and order a 17 which then turned into a 19 , two to go out and sign the paperwork and three to pick it up.

If they get that many contacts per order I'm amazed that any work gets done.

Ron
You are definitely the exception, but that was established a while ago.

In talking to Sarah, I was surprise with how many times some customers contact them. I know for a fact there are lots of cases where there was WAY more than 30 communicated messages. I used that number because even though I tried to keep my queries to a minimum, I bet I exceeded the 30 count. Three emails with production photos already ties what you had in the whole process. Four different ones with production setting up an orientation time. Heck, just counted and there were 6 on things I found that needed addressing after I got home.
Old 03-06-2017, 01:00 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice-breaker View Post
I think the sum total of my pre-purchase communications with Escape was <10 including both emails and phone calls. Hard to imagine what I would have had to talk about to bring that up to 30?
I just looked back, and in reverse order with emails specific to my build only.
Follow up emails after I got home - 4
Production photos to me - 4 (not 3)
Arranging orientation - 5
Emails with final costs and bill of sale - 3
Follow up confirmation and changes after build sheet was in - 12
Arrangements for 2 visits - 8
Graphic colour discussion -5
Discussion regarding actual production date - 3

Of course, these emails were all short and sweet, but they still take a bit of time to read, think about, find info on, and respond. As well, there were about 6 phone calls.

And I guess my queries where pale compared to some who know less that I do about their options, what they will do, etc. For many, they just want to make certain they get it right, and ask all the pertinent questions.

This also does not count the few hours time I held Reace hostage while discussing things, though far from all were about my own trailer.

My name is Jim, and I can be a real pain in the butt.
Old 03-06-2017, 01:05 PM   #53

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
Quote:

My name is Jim, and I can be a real pain in the butt.
Uuumm, ok I'm not touching that one, I must be feeling kind today.

I tried to never call but rather use email whenever possible. With a call, they have to stop whatever they are doing and deal with it. With email, the ETI folks can work them in around other jobs and paperwork they are working on. Tammy called me a couple of times when we were trying to solve a wire transfer problem (turned out to be my credit union's fault) and when we were setting up our completion date. Pretty much everything else was via email.

Ok, Jim. I was probably a pain in the a$$ too with questions.....

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
thoer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 01:15 PM   #54

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
We were in the <10 category as well over the 9mos process, but we also had around 15 years experience in trailers and knew exactly how we wanted it configured. I would imagine newbies to trailers could have a massive amount of questions.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 01:24 PM   #55
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
This just shows how rapidly ETI's business has ramped up. I started working on my build sheet in September 2013. Every single one of my emails was answered by Tammy. And (embarrassingly) there were a bunch. Mostly because the 5.0TA was a new model, we didn't know what it was going to look like because the only posts from ETI was one Photoshop picture and one interior sketch of the layout. There was going to be a lot of differences between the classic 5.0 and this new model coming out and I was just a tad bit antsy

I'll always be grateful to Tammy. She was always gracious and never treated me like a pest, even if I was one!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 01:38 PM   #56

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
All of the extra communication is obviously a result of factory direct sales of custom trailers. Imagine how many fewer inquiries there would be if your only option was to purchase a standard trailer from a dealer who also did any warranty work. Not suggesting this is a better business model, just the reality of the how ETI runs its operation.

Escape may have some growing pains as they increase production, but I'm confident they will staff as needed to continue their high level of customer service. Tammy just recently responded to an email of mine within 2 days and adequately answered my 3 questions. Reace had personally returned a call or two of mine when I inquired about ordering and installing the cot option for our trailer. He wanted to make sure I measured very carefully or if I was comfortable cutting the supports myself. All this and we didn't even buy the trailer new and thus had no prior relationship with Tammy or Reace.
rubicon327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 01:38 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg A View Post
We were in the <10 category as well over the 9mos process, but we also had around 15 years experience in trailers and knew exactly how we wanted it configured. I would imagine newbies to trailers could have a massive amount of questions.
That's probably got a lot to do with it. Pretty much the same for us. Went over the options. Graphic color: got anything that matches the truck? Done. And I did have 2 special requests; not mount either the table or the battery. But basically, for us, it was order and sit back and wait till it was ready for pick up.

Ron
Old 03-06-2017, 01:40 PM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoer View Post
Yah, it was tempting but I passed up on that one also.

Ron
Old 03-06-2017, 02:13 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
Yah, it was tempting but I passed up on that one also.

Ron
That's because you love me.
Old 03-06-2017, 04:10 PM   #60

Quote:
That's because you love me.
The only mods that I love are the ones I do to my trailer.

Ron