E19 Raised Dinette - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-12-2020, 11:17 AM   #1

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19
E19 Raised Dinette

Raised the dinette 5.25" on our 2017 E19 dinette to allow better visibility for my wife. Still finishing but thought I'd show some pics.
This obviously causes a significant amount of planning and work to reframe benches, raise floor, alter storage, add Lagun, electrical, etc. Thanks to Eggscape for help in blazing the way. Like Ed I strive to keep is as simple as possible and don't want added weight so chose light construction material. If others want more detail will address. More detailed pics and explanation can be provided.
Attached Thumbnails
Raised floor.jpg   Shoe Tray.jpg   Framing.jpg   Access to Dinette.jpg  
ChuckBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2020, 12:28 PM   #2

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
Well done...looks great.

https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8...ape-12918.html
Eggscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2020, 06:59 PM   #3

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Nice work. I’ve always wondered why someone would go through all this reconstruction though. Maybe someone really short can’t see the ground but they can still see outside. Couldn’t one just raise the table a bit and sit on a thicker cushion? Please enlighten me.
Old 04-13-2020, 10:07 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon327 View Post
Nice work. I’ve always wondered why someone would go through all this reconstruction though. Maybe someone really short can’t see the ground but they can still see outside. Couldn’t one just raise the table a bit and sit on a thicker cushion? Please enlighten me.
The 1st thing my wife said when sitting in the E19 was the seats were too low and she wanted to be able to survey what was happening outside. This brought back her negative comment that she loved the sailboat, but hated standing on the settee to see what was happening outside. It also played nicely into my mod disease just like the boat.

Sitting on thicker cushions and her dangling her feet ain't my style. Remember happy wife, happy life!
Old 04-13-2020, 10:21 AM   #5
Bea

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckBC View Post
The 1st thing my wife said when sitting in the E19 was the seats were too low and she wanted to be able to survey what was happening outside. This brought back her negative comment that she loved the sailboat, but hated standing on the settee to see what was happening outside. It also played nicely into my mod disease just like the boat.

Sitting on thicker cushions and her dangling her feet ain't my style. Remember happy wife, happy life!
Ahhhhh...very nice, ChuckBC! Looking forward to seeing the finished product. -Bea
Bea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 10:33 AM   #6

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
I think it boils down to personal preference and what is important to each individual.

For us, if we are not outside or sleeping we are using the dinette. To have it fit us properly and not sit on extra cushions is important. There are also other benefits including under floor shoe and Colman stove storage plus extra under seat bin capacity.

On the other hand, someone like yourself might find going to all the work and expense of installing a mini split to be a priority. Again a nice job done, just not a priority for us as we use the air conditioning very little.

https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8...ape-12918.html
Eggscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 11:05 AM   #7

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckBC View Post

We hear you and in the first year did the same , raising the dinette floor . Later also increased the seating cushion height also because found very uncomfortable to seat on for long . Much happier then seating , like you are in a hole . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 11:25 AM   #8

We just came from a B class motorhome that had panoramic viewing windows at the dinette. This was a must to be able to rotate the head and take in surroundings. Plus I added a Lagun which totally catered to our use so the trailer needed one.

Another must was to eliminate the shoes, slippers, shower thongs laying at the door entry plus add storage for clean, wet or dirty cycling, hiking, campground footwear. Added height for bench boxes and a higher opening outside hatch provides for more options.