Escape 15A mobile office set up - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login

Old 11-03-2022, 09:15 PM   #1

Trailer: Escape15A 2012
Escape 15A mobile office set up

Greetings,
This winter planning on working remotely while snowbirding. Remote office set up will need to accommodate 2-24 inch monitors, laptop, too many cords connecting all the items, a HP C Dock station, wifi router to starlink, keyboard, mouse, writing surface, plus a comfortable sitting surface.

What are your ideas of arranging office?
Was thinking of using the front dinette. Plan on keeping rear dinette set up as single bed with personal space.

Is there a dual monitor mounting system that can be temporarily attached, set up/down during transportation,
Need an expandable work desk, what are your suggestions?

Comfortable chair?, cushions to use?

Thanks,
Jean
Acidrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2022, 07:34 AM   #2

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
You would be more comfortable in a larger Escape.....
Old 11-04-2022, 11:27 AM   #3

Trailer: 2020 Escape 17B "Voyager"
I'd say do it the other way around. Use the front as a single bed, work in the back.
Bobbie54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2022, 11:47 AM   #4

Trailer: Escape
Another thread discussed this, but I don’t know how to find it for you. Anyway, the tough part was the comfortable chair. The bench seats, front and rear, are part of the structural frame to support the trailer shell. They can’t just be deleted to make room for something better. I recall one solution was to replace the cushions with padded seatback unit that sat on top of the bench.
Viajante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2022, 12:25 PM   #5

Trailer: 2023 E19
Are you planning to extensively renovate the front dinette area and convert it into a functional dedicated workspace for a solo traveler, or utilize it more-or-less as-is?

If the former, it sounds like it would be a very ambitious, but doable project....as long as you have the time/skills/tools and resale wasn't a big priority. I'd be tempted to shrink down one of the dinette benches so it's just large enough to maintain structural integrity and build a permanent L-Shaped desk across the back wall and overtop of the remaining bench. Then use a clamp-on style monitor mount that could be easily disassembled for travel. The space between the top of the remaining bench and underside of the desk could be used for peripheral storage. A lot of thought would have to be given to how to keep all the trailer systems accessible, deal with cable management, etc...all while keeping the installation fairly lightweight. However, I think it could be done if you were determined enough.

If the latter, I don't know how that I would trust any dual monitor mount that I'm familiar to be installed on a standard dinette table. If this is the case, I'd be more inclined to go with a just laptop and a portable tablet-style extension monitor.

I'm also curious about your plans to power the set-up......
Selkirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2022, 04:09 PM   #6

Location: Lanesboro, MN, between Whalan and Fountain, Minnesota
Trailer: 2016 Bigfoot 25RQ - (2018 Escape 5.0 sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
You would be more comfortable in a larger Escape.....
Our first year with our 5.0 I met a guy with a 15a, who worked in his camper, in Big Bend NP's Cottonwood campground that has no services. He had made a couple of modifications and had a nice workbench for his monitors. As a former tech coordinator I was impressed at his install, including at least one solar panel on the roof and a portable.

Acidrain pulled her 13' Scamp with a Subaru Outback and will pull her new 15a with the Outback. If there is a break in the weather I'll be looking at her 15a this weekend and will see the room available for her needs. She'll certainly have more in the 15a than the 13' Scamp.

Enjoy,

Perry
Old 01-03-2023, 01:09 PM   #7

Trailer: WTB: E19
Here is one from a Scamp with a front dinette, but the concept still applies to the 15A.
Attached Thumbnails
office.JPG