Flip Up Tables - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-03-2016, 09:26 AM   #1

Flip Up Tables

We are working on our build sheet for our 2017 19' and have decided on the u-shaped dinette, as there are just the two of us. We now are considering the flip-up tables, I have the table dimensions but not sure where they are located. Does anyone have any advice/pics of these flip-up tables? Thanks

Ron
Ronliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 11:28 AM   #2

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
In the 19 you can only put one extension table on the drivers side bathroom wall, but Reace said the wall would have to be reinforced to do it. Makes for a very expensive extension table so we dropped it. You can't put one on the passenger side because it's open with no wall there.
A small single pole cocktail table will work really well if you want something simple for two and not carry the larger table.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 12:37 PM   #3

Thanks for the very useful info Greg A - one less item for debate.

Ron
Ronliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 12:48 PM   #4

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronliz View Post
have decided on the u-shaped dinette, as there are just the two of us.

Ron
While I respect your decision and many others have made the same decision, I always wonder if the folks making that decision have previously owned a trailer.

Personally, one of the reasons we choose the 19 over the 17 was the larger dinette table and seating that allowed us to lounge comfortably on it. I don't understand how the "U" allows two people to lounge more comfortably, one yes, but two, no. Our table is in constant use for "things" and we'd be lost without one.

Maybe I'll have to try lounging in someone's "U" shaped dinette and see what I'm missing.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 01:46 PM   #5

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg A View Post
In the 19 you can only put one extension table on the drivers side bathroom wall, but Reace said the wall would have to be reinforced to do it. Makes for a very expensive extension table so we dropped it. You can't put one on the passenger side because it's open with no wall there.
A small single pole cocktail table will work really well if you want something simple for two and not carry the larger table.
I believe you have one included for at the end of the kitchen by the door and an option for 2 in the bed area....
Old 05-03-2016, 06:50 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
While I respect your decision and many others have made the same decision, I always wonder if the folks making that decision have previously owned a trailer.

Maybe I'll have to try lounging in someone's "U" shaped dinette and see what I'm missing.

Ron
This is our sixth molded glass trailer, Ron, and It's that experience that makes us love the U in the 19 or any of the bigger trailers. One thing that may just be us, we can put the filler board in, pillowback side by side and snuggle. That is one activity that won't happen in the normal dinette with a huge table separating you. Unless of course you mod it into some kind of U dinette with a filler board after the fact.
Also, we can both while snuggling see the tv at the bed end when we swing it around to face the U. In the standard setup drivers side dinette can't see the tv and can't snuggle either.
We also don't spend boo time inside the trailer, and are usually out under the awning or walking, etc. Very rarely eat inside or do anything beyond lounging/snuggling inside and we won't even be taking the original table with us eventually.
We have a different approach to how we need the trailer to work for us, and everyone has to figure out how they want to use the trailer and then get it to fit their lifestyle. Based on our experience we wouldn't want the standard dinette, but I certainly get why some folks do.
Your welcome to try our U out anytime, but I'm not demonstrating the snuggle with you.
Old 05-03-2016, 08:20 PM   #7

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
This is our sixth molded glass trailer, Ron, and It's that experience that makes us love the U in the 19 or any of the bigger trailers. One thing that may just be us, we can put the filler board in, pillowback side by side and snuggle. That is one activity that won't happen in the normal dinette with a huge table separating you. Unless of course you mod it into some kind of U dinette with a filler board after the fact.
Also, we can both while snuggling see the tv at the bed end when we swing it around to face the U. In the standard setup drivers side dinette can't see the tv and can't snuggle either.
We also don't spend boo time inside the trailer, and are usually out under the awning or walking, etc. Very rarely eat inside or do anything beyond lounging/snuggling inside and we won't even be taking the original table with us eventually.
We have a different approach to how we need the trailer to work for us, and everyone has to figure out how they want to use the trailer and then get it to fit their lifestyle. Based on our experience we wouldn't want the standard dinette, but I certainly get why some folks do.
Your welcome to try our U out anytime, but I'm not demonstrating the snuggle with you.
Hi Gregg don't throw something at me . You can ( easily if Springflied pedestal ) put the table down and you have a big lounge . Really comfortable with don't know what you call them those pillow backs or a bunch of pillows and ? Just a suggestion . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 10:00 PM   #8

Lol, Pat. Yes you can do that but that is quite a different setup from having a permanent settee. It's much harder to get in, out, up and down out of a bed than a U couch. Already have a Queen bed on the other end that requires no set up if we want to lounge in a bed. For us we want the living room/lounge on one end and bed on the other because that fits how we camp. As I said though I totally get that some folks want one configuration and some want another. Each person has to determine their needs and do it how they want it.
Old 05-03-2016, 10:59 PM   #9

Quote:
Lol, Pat. Yes you can do that but that is quite a different setup from having a permanent settee. It's much harder to get in, out, up and down out of a bed than a U couch. Already have a Queen bed on the other end that requires no set up if we want to lounge in a bed. For us we want the living room/lounge on one end and bed on the other because that fits how we camp. As I said though I totally get that some folks want one configuration and some want another. Each person has to determine their needs and do it how they want it.
Hey Gregg what ever makes you happy . It is your trailer . Pat
Old 05-04-2016, 10:41 AM   #10

Likewise, Pat. I love that we all have different approaches with the same trailer. It would be very boring if we all did things the same.
Old 05-04-2016, 10:59 AM   #11

Quote:
Likewise, Pat. I love that we all have different approaches with the same trailer. It would be very boring if we all did things the same.
I totally agree with you Gregg . I had gotten a lot of flack for some of my changes , the first being the platform at the dinette which now is common . No harm meant Gregg . Your wife is one lucky women with your reasoning . Carry on . Pat
Old 05-04-2016, 11:50 AM   #12

Pat,
You got flack for raising the platform? I don't get why you would have gotten flack for a good mod. We fortunately don't need it raised, but for those that do its a good mod. I thought you did a very good job with it.
Old 05-04-2016, 12:19 PM   #13

Quote:
Pat,
You got flack for raising the platform? I don't get why you would have gotten flack for a good mod. We fortunately don't need it raised, but for those that do its a good mod. I thought you did a very good job with it.
Yup . Currinh too . We were doing this mod at the same time and comparing notes . You would of thought we were destroying our Escapes ., some thought .We just carried on and now Escape has done this for many or they do it themselves .Pat
Old 05-04-2016, 12:39 PM   #14
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Pat,
You got flack for raising the platform? I don't get why you would have gotten flack for a good mod.
Wow, just WOW
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote