Fridge compartment fan - 5.0TA - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login

Old 10-03-2018, 07:37 PM   #1

Trailer: 2019 5.0TA pulled by Ram 3500 diesel dually
Fridge compartment fan - 5.0TA

In my planning I've been considering having wiring put in place for a fan in the outside fridge compartment.

ETI tells me the current fridge is more efficient than that previously used and does not come with and may not need a fan.

I can see that with a straight up vertical stack, as opposed to those that vent thru the side wall, would be less likely to require one.

But, I intend on doing some desert camping and want to help the fridge if it is needed.

Has anyone with the new fridge (I don't know when ETI changed) camped in 100°F weather for a week or so and felt the fridge needed, or didn't need, some ventilation help?

ETI tells me that the fan can actually cause problems if it results in too much cooling. That makes sense since heat is what actually "does" the cooling. The fan setup that I'm currently using, and would duplicate in the Escape, has temperature & speed control so it could be adjusted to be optimum. The two fans are also USB powered so a wall wart, 12v voltage converter or even a small solar panel with USB output (I have one) can be the power source.
Attached Thumbnails
2018-10-03-17-25-55.jpg   2018-10-03-17-26-35.jpg