Since I had the fridge out I thought that I'd cut down on solar heat gain by installing some insulation before putting in a new baffle. I used reflectix against the fiberglass and put 3" of foam at the bottom tapering to 1" at the top in the cavity.
I used aluminum to make a new baffle. I really wanted to install the Dometic exterior gas vent also. Unfortunately Dometic North America didn't seem to know anything about it and attempts to buy one in England or Australia didn't pan out.
I really like the idea of keeping the waste heat from the boiler away from the condenser. So my second choice was to create a chase that helps separate the two. Since I was in the neighbourhood
I thought that I may as well add some vanes. The rear of the fridge has so many irregular shapes that interfere with the smooth flow of the fairly weak convection current. So vanes to keep the air moving more efficienly seemed worth trying.
Every little bit helps (he says hopefully