Going to the the light/dark side - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login

Old 07-05-2014, 09:54 AM   #21

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyronL View Post
When it's not perched on a woodsy branch outside or sitting on the shelf I built I keep my Haier 19-incher nested on a pillow in a plastic container under the bed. Otherwise, only watched it once. Don't even know what Blue-ray is. Some Floridian half-mammal?
Hi: MyronL... I think it's like a Manta... only blue ah!!!Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 10:22 AM   #22

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
My condolences on your recent loss of your mind, Bruce.

I got a mount from Reace a while back, but have never installed it, we just never watch TV. Hopefully it will be a while before I fall to the Bruce Syndrome, but I bet I do when we retire and travel more.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 12:46 PM   #23

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 -- The Skylark. Towed by a 2014 Highlander
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
You may want to wait until delivery before deciding where and type tv. A smaller one in the dinette area maybe sufficient. I really like using the night stand for other purposes. Just my .02$ worth after 8 months in my 21' BlackJack.
yeah, that is what we will probably do. I am thinking I want to ask ETI to run Coax to both the front dinette and the night stand. We do tend to watch TV while relaxing on the bed, but occasionally it would be nice to see it from the dinette.
LeonW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 12:51 PM   #24

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
That is what I did, to upper rear dinette cabinet, refer side and upper cabinet over night stand with 12v outlets also. I'd recommend a 12v tv, less wires and more simple.
Old 07-05-2014, 12:56 PM   #25

Trailer: Escape 21 'Toto'
Time once again for me to reveal my ignorance on these things... we are trying to nail down our '21 build sheet too.

We'll probably Just go with TV-ready and the Jack antenna... I'll add tv & mount later. And we'll ask for that second location at the dinette. And we'll get 12v there so we have the option of using a 12v TV.

Here is what I'm trying to figure out though -- if I have an antenna installed, will there be two coax outlets -- one for antenna, one for connecting to cable at a fully serviced campsite?

Or is there a switch? Or must I choose one source or the other now and live with it? Surely that's not it... Thanks for any enlightenment.
Old 07-05-2014, 01:03 PM   #26

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I have the coaxial hookup at 2 locations and here how it works. If there is no cable tv, turn turn on the little button next to the coaxial over the dinette, this is your amplifier. You then turn on your Jack antenna and will see a blue light, you rotate the Jack until there are the max# blue lights showing, this means it is tuned for the best reception. You then turn on your tv, go to menu and select antenna and hit search. The tv will then search all the bands it receives for the best picture. This may take a couple of minutes. when done you then use you channel selector and go up/down to watch the tv.
If there is cable hookup, you attach the cable to the exterior cable tv, on street side about amidship. You then just turn on your tv, select cable and hit search again. Do not turn on the Jack antenna nor the amplifier over the dinette.
Old 07-05-2014, 01:16 PM   #27

Trailer: Escape 21 'Toto'
Thanks Jim! I'm no longer puzzled--about the TV, anyway. :-)
Old 07-05-2014, 01:35 PM   #28

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA, 2022 F150 2.7EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
...You then turn on your tv, go to menu and select antenna and hit search. The tv will then search all the bands it receives for the best picture. This may take a couple of minutes. when done you then use you channel selector and go up/down to watch the tv.
Good advice Jim, experimenting on my own when on our first trip I did just that and the TV found 10 digital channels which I thought was pretty good being in Rainy River ON with MN across the river, International Falls about 50 miles away. So when we got home tried it there thinking that I'd get something, but found zero channels, guess thats the difference being about 75 miles from Grand Forks where I'm guessing our signal would come from. Tried rotating the antenna but no change.

Our TV mount came with the trailer, but not the TV, and managed to fit our 22 inch on the mount just clearing the light below the cupboards. The TV is mounted as I'm sure many have seen pics of (Alf's old 5.0) on the wall by the bed and can swing around to watch TV from the bed or dinette. We are not big TV watchers anyway. When we moved last year we only got internet and subscribe to Netflix, can't say I miss paying for cable, especially what it was costing.

Adrian
emers382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 01:46 PM   #29

Trailer: Escape 15A
I got the wall mount from Escape and find it is to flimsy,the swivel joints are either to loose or I have to have them so tight they don't swivel.The TV always hangs crooked .I also bought a 120volt TV ,if I did it again, I would get the 12 Volt one,so you don't have use a convertor while boon docking.
Old 07-05-2014, 11:51 PM   #30

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by escape artist View Post
The only difference I found between the Toshiba 19" TV sold at the TV dealer, and the one offered at the RV dealer was the price. RV TV's are about $200. more for a "stronger chassis"?
Was that a Toshiba made for RVs, or just a Toshiba sold by an RV dealer? The mobile Jensens are claimed to be differently constructed, but I don't know if Toshiba builds a mobile-specific 19" TV.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 11:59 PM   #31

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyronL View Post
Don't even know what Blue-ray is.
Just as the CDs of the 1980s (which can store enough data for an hour of audio) were followed by the DVDs of the 1990s (which can store enough data for a couple hours of video), DVDs have been followed by Blu-ray Discs, of the 2000s, which can store enough data for high-definition movies.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 09:52 AM   #32

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
Gosh what'll they think of next? Got this neat new, fancy but confusing radio on the dash of my truck but there's no slot for my 8-track.

Ever try programing favorite channels on one of them? And they say texting while driving is dangerous.
Old 07-06-2014, 10:00 AM   #33
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Myron, at least you got the radio figured out. I had to take my truck back to the dealership just so they could show me how to turn the dang thing on! The manual was about as helpful as nuthin.'
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 09:30 PM   #34

Trailer: 2009 Escape 19
I'm finally home, have internet and able to respond. Thanks for all the advice, helpful and otherwise ( Yeah, Jim's ;>) ). BTW, the TV is for occasional use, when we're trapped inside by crappy weather or want to keep up on the latest natural disaster.

Bruce
Bruce Wray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 01:50 AM   #35

Trailer: 2011 Escape 17B
TV

I originally bought a Sharp 19" TV for our 17B. It has a beautiful picture! However I have a Seiki 13" 12 volt TV. in the trailer now. Only watch the TV when sitting in the large dinette and the screen is more than big enough. I also like that it folds flat, completely out of the way. It doesn't obstruct anyone getting into the dinette seats on that side where as the 19" did. When my husband is off fishing, he can sit at the table tying flies while watching his fishing dvd's.

We have our TV mounted to the fridge side panel - I ordered my panels with extra ply because I knew I would be mounting things. We also went for the larger fridge so I converted the microwave cabinet into my audio cupboard - my dvd's and Blu-ray player are located there - the connections are also wired into the stereo speakers for better sound.
Attached Thumbnails
trailer tv.jpg  
LBaranyai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 08:57 AM   #36
Commercial Member

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 - "Felicity"
Found a lockable-for-travel mount that also can be moved between mounting brackets. It's not listed on their website, cost is $79 plus shipping.

We'll mount in a 21 centered on the wardrobe wall to hold a TV/DVD combo - seems they all load from the right side of the screen, so needed a way to swing it away from the outside wall to load a disk. This does stick out 4 inches, but won't be an issue for us.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf TV_mount.pdf (96.4 KB, 30 views)

Need custom storage to your design? Don't drill holes!
www.RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote