Grill Recommendations - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-19-2021, 05:46 PM   #21

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
I found mine at Lee Valley Tools ( online ), but it's a seasonal item. Best search in the spring. It's a roll-up aluminum with an adjustable leg. Well made, sturdy. Sorry, no pic.
Old 06-20-2021, 07:22 AM   #22

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane P. View Post
Does anyone have some table recommendations to go along with grills?

I’m looking at tabletop gas grills & need a roll
Up and/or fold up table to place it on.
We have a Weber Q and bought the optional stand:
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Weber-Q-...6557/204671658

Also carry a small 4’ folding table with adjustable height legs:
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Lifetime...0726/305551875
Old 06-20-2021, 07:31 AM   #23

Trailer: 2021 21C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane P. View Post
Does anyone have some table recommendations to go along with grills?

I’m looking at tabletop gas grills & need a roll
Up and/or fold up table to place it on.
My wife years ago would give me a hard time every time I brought up getting a camping table. It was a bit expensive and she thought we would never use it. I finally just purchased it without approval using points from a bass pro card.

It turned out, luckily, to be one of those items we use every time we go camping without fail. great for cooking on and great for cleaning up what dishes need to be cleaned.

This table looks to be very similar to what we have:https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/cabe...roll-top-table

Good Luck,
Ryan
Ryanb-72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2021, 10:24 AM   #24

Trailer: 2018 Escape 17A double dinette
These are the three tables that I have.

https://www.camptime.com/collections...djustable-legs

I've had my roll-a-table since 1984 or so.
Advantages: Holds up to 100 lbs. Adjustable legs are great for making a kids' table. Able to sit on all four sides/no impediments. Weighs 10 lbs. Able to adjust each leg to different height if using on uneven surface. Rolls up/easy to store.
Disadvantages: It's a pain to clean in the troughs between the slats....I cover it with a plastic tablecloth when in use to solve this problem.

https://www.coleman.com/camp-furnitu...000018147.html
I've had this table for about 6 years.
Advantages: each part adjusts to four different heights depending on which combination of leg parts you use. I've used it with my Blackstone 17 so it holds at least that much weight. You can make several configurations--card table size, long buffet table, two level serving table, L shape. Relatively easy to store flat, but takes up bigger space than roll a table. Easy to clean.
Disadvantages: More difficult to seat four people because of hardware on two ends.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073XC61RS...xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==
I don't have this exact table, but a similar one by Eddie Bauer that doesn't seem to be carried anymore.
Advantages: A bit faster to set up than either of the above. Takes up same space to store as roll a table. About 10 lbs. Holds 100 lbs.
Disadvantages: Hard to sit at this table due to X end supports on all four sides. Static table height. Difficult to clean...would use a tablecloth of some sort.
Old 06-20-2021, 05:22 PM   #25

Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
I found mine at Lee Valley Tools ( online ), but it's a seasonal item. Best search in the spring. It's a roll-up aluminum with an adjustable leg. Well made, sturdy. Sorry, no pic.
We have this one as well. Liked it so much we gave one to son in law, he takes it along in his boat for use on shore.

https://www.leevalley.com/en-us/shop...ble?item=XJ265
Attached Thumbnails
folding-aluminum-table-f-1932.jpg   Sweet Suites Outdoor sink setup.jpg  
Old 06-21-2021, 12:30 PM   #26

Trailer: 5.0TA 2017
for dishes i bought a narrow adjustable plastic type table its a bit larger then my roll up aluminum tables but works great when we camp with lots of people and need to do a lot of dishes my back gets sore when doing a lot of dishes at a normal height table so this one goes up to counter height - now i like doing the dishes!
Fox hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 06:04 PM   #27
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
since i've got a longbed truck as our tug, I bring 1 or 2 2x4 foot height adjustable 'buffet' tables like these,
https://www.lifetime.com/lifetime-80...ble-commercial

plus 1 or 2 plastic folding 'end tables' like these...
https://www.lifetime.com/lifetime-80...personal-table

all of said tables were acquired from Costco at various times.

we got the Napolean with the built in stand/cart. the grill is permanently attached to the cart, it folds up and rolls like a rolling suitcase... again, lots of space in big truck, so not a problem.
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 06:27 PM   #28

I got a couple of these light-weight camp tables ( stools ) at a good price, but I forget where ( probably Canadian Tire ). Had them for years. If they can support Jim Bennett, they can sit just about anybody. Freaked me out when he sat down, but they survived and have lived on.
Attached Thumbnails
End table.jpg   Screen Shot 2021-06-21 at 4.28.59 PM.jpg  
Old 06-21-2021, 07:00 PM   #29

Location: Lanesboro, MN, between Whalan and Fountain, Minnesota
Trailer: 2016 Bigfoot 25RQ - (2018 Escape 5.0 sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
If they can support Jim Bennett, they can sit just about anybody. Freaked me out when he sat down

Enjoy,

Perry
Old 06-22-2021, 03:33 AM   #30

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19
My neighbor put a lightly used older Weber Q out to the curb. I grabbed it right away. It works really good off of the propane quick disconnect. Not sure of the model.
Old 06-22-2021, 03:12 PM   #31

Trailer: 2020 Esacpe 19'(Hillbilly Heaven) ETI best named trailer of the year
Quote:
Originally Posted by John in Santa Cruz View Post
I opted for a Napolean TravelQ over a weber Q series because 1) it has two burners, so you can do indirect cooking, and 2) the one I got came with a griddle as well as a grill, so you can do both sorts of cooking.

I bring an additional propane bottle, and connect it directly to the propane tank so I didn't have to mess with bypassing the Napolean's integral regulator.

I have the same grill without stand and love it. also have the griddle that fits on one side. This cooks better than my Weber at home. I bought some of the refillable 1 lb cans. I have the hose on my trailer but have never have used it. I like the small refillable better.
NEWYORKHILLBILLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 03:32 PM   #32

Trailer: 5.0TA 2017
i also bought one of the little tables i need a second- nice you can even sit on them
Fox hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 10:09 AM   #33

Trailer: 2024 Escape 23 on order, 2022 RAM 1500 5.7L Laramie
I still have a kettle Magma from my sailboat days going back about 20 years. We bought a rectangular Magma in 2017 and have used it a ton.

Dickinson makes a wider version of the Magma that we bought as a gift for friends. Very nicely made.
bborzell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 11:24 AM   #34

I gave my Dickinson Spitfire 180 away. Couldn't control the heat. Nice to look at though.
Old 06-23-2021, 11:35 AM   #35

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21
NICE! Simplicity and good old fashion know how go a long way.
Bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 11:40 AM   #36

Trailer: 2005 Scamp 16 SD (sold), 2020 Escape 19
If I was buying a new grill today, I would certainly be tempted by the Blackstone with the side burner. You could cook breakfast on the griddle while heating coffee on the burner.
Attached Thumbnails
Blackstone side burner.JPG  
Old 06-23-2021, 04:22 PM   #37

Trailer: Awaiting build of E5.0 TA
We absolutely LOVE our Weber Q-1200 grill! The design of the looped burner is such that there are no "hot spots" or "cool spots" - very even heat across the entire grill. For two people, it's plenty large to cook our choice of protein and veggies all at once.

The current situation with millions of people out camping, has made it nearly impossible to find the little green 1-lb cylinders, so we bought a hose adapter and a small 1 gallon (5 lb) tank. You can fill the tank for what a single 1 lb cylinder costs - and it lasts 5 times as long! Much easier to pack/handle than a big 5 gal tank too.

Of course, if you have the optional propane outlet, you can easily remove the regulator and use a hose to access your "on-board" propane supply.
JRManning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 06:11 PM   #38

Trailer: 2015 Escape 21'
I love how the Weber Q cooks, but to me it is a PITA to clean. The grates have to be removed and the inside, which has ridges and text, has to be scraped / wiped. The Blackstone, on the other hand, can be cleaned before the meat has rested.
Old 06-23-2021, 10:25 PM   #39

Trailer: looking to buy used
I actually use a boat bbq. A seabque. It’s small all stainless and easy to pack. Prefect for two people. They are also designed to run on propane so parts are easy to get as I live about 10 k m from the factory.
mike o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 09:30 AM   #40

Trailer: 2020 25' Flying Cloud Airstream with three 90-watt Zamp Solar roof panels and 140-watt ZS Portable
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsdanforth View Post
Hoping to include a small external grill to the accessories for the E-19. Thinking about a Weber Q type or something similar. I understand that the external connection from the LP tank(s) are already regulated, so willed to modify the grill. Just wondering if there are any recommendations out there. Mainly grilling burgers and such, but a griddle option might be nice...

I am pretty sure that this subject has been covered elsewhere in the forum, but have found the search function pretty clunky... Always results in hundreds of results, most not too applicable. Old dog, new tricks...

Thanks!
Weber Q1200 is outstanding! It also can come with a 7ft. Hose for connecting to a propane low pressure port. The Weber cart, griddle and cover are also very nice additions.