Help - last chance to add extras to our new 17A - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-17-2020, 11:43 AM   #41

Trailer: 2020 Escape 17B "Voyager"
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobekey6@gmail.com View Post
The hitch wheel substitutes for the pad. We use the pad when camping and the wheel for parking it in the driveway and swinging the trailer into place. I don't mind moving heavy things -- for short distances. You just have to make sure the wheel is pointed in the right direction. I suspect the hitch wheel we got from Escape is similar to what you have already. Might not be for everybody. It'd be great if they made a hitch wheel with a larger tire, but I haven't seen one. We do remove it when traveling. It attaches easily with a clip.
Thanks. I know it at least works for moving slight distances though now I have a backup camera on the truck I use it less.
Bobbie54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 11:59 AM   #42

Trailer: Escape19 2016
outdoor lights, outdoor electrical outlet, and raise floor 3 inches in dinette area so you can see out the windows better.
Barb Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 12:45 PM   #43
Guy

Trailer: 17A
We are in our second season with our 17A. Love it! I did not want to bother with a toilet and opted for the port-a-potty from escape. It gave us much more room. The potty fits neatly under the bed and slides out easily. It is for peeing only! My wife uses it at night. I use a male urinal and then dump it into the potty. It comes apart neatly to carry to the campground Biffy. I recommend the Escape potty.
I got the hitch wheel but have never even used it. Glad you are getting the dual batteries as they add days to dry camping.
We had moved up from a popup camper which was easy to back up. I have some difficulty backing up the Escape and wish I could see behind the trailer. Wish now I had gotten the backup camera. I know, I know, I am a man so should be a backup pro, but alas, I did not get that gene 🥺🥺.
Oh, and the air conditioner. Thought I didn’t need it but wife said it was a must. We are camping in South Dakota today and it’s 95 degrees. Yikes, we are using it. She was right again!
Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 04:27 PM   #44

Trailer: Escape 17A 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnest View Post
Harriet, picture this: it's the middle of the night, pitch dark, pouring like crazy outside and you need to pee. Why thrown on rain gear to tramp down to the campground facilities when you could have a toilet in your rig? Don't get me wrong, my wife and I prefer to use campground facilities, especially for showering. But in the middle of the night, which is most every night, no way. We use our camper's toilet and climb back into bed. -Tom
When we got our 17A we had this comment from a few people. After having the no toilet for 4 years we have no problems. We have a small porta potty that fits nicely under the bed and it is only used for the night calls. Easy and no problems with finding a dump station.
We also have hot water and outside taps. We have rigged up a portable shower tent and works great.
We have a portable solar that we take in the truck. It is a pain. So got a small Honda generator 1000 and it is all powered up in an hour or less. Including phones and I pads. We only camp in Provincial Parks or Forestry camps (Canada) never have we "plugged in to anything" except at home.
We also got the extra window above the kitchen sink. Made a big difference in air flow and feeling more spacious. Other than that we enjoy the simplicity of our little camper and when going up huge mountains or down very steep grades we are so glad we have no "extra" useless weight.
rsdoug is offline   Reply With Quote