Help with Lagun install? - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login

Old 01-07-2019, 05:32 PM   #1

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21 (complete date 4/04/19)
Help with Lagun install?

We are picking up our new 2019 Escape 21 in May and heading to Osoyoos . We left u-shaped dinette table off our build sheet and are going with Lagun mount and 31" Teak table top. Is anyone interested in helping me do this install at the rally? I can bring all parts and precut backing boards if I have a parts list. Our plan is not to return to Texas for a couple of months and having a table would be nice.
Multiple offers appreciated! LOL

sidebar: I have spent hundreds of hours searching this forum. Topics and discussions (and advice from Red Dog) are the big reasons we are moving from our dear Casita to the Escape. We are looking forward to putting eyeballs on all the members of this forum that we have the chance to meet. Our plan is to full time for a couple of years. Thanks everyone!!!
Rbertoia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 06:35 PM   #2

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I'm confused, I thought the Lagun worked best with the "U" option vs the stock table set up? I'll be at Osoyoos also with our new 21.
Old 01-07-2019, 07:02 PM   #3

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21 (complete date 4/04/19)
Busted! We do have the "U"
Rbertoia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 06:33 AM   #4

Trailer: 2019 19'
Lagun in new 19'

I will be picking up my new 19' with U dinette on June 5. I am selling my home and most of my stuff before I drive to Chilliwack. I have a new Lagun in hand that I plan to insall on the road since I will not have a workshop to go back to. I will need to prepare my components such as backing board braces etc. I have been reviewing all the great photos and conversations about the Lagun install which has been very helpful. I want to precut my 3/4" plywood backing. My question is what are the needed dimensions of this board for the 19'? I would prefer not to have to shave off a little just to make it fit or to realize that I cut it too small.

I hope that you are able to enlist some help at the rally to install your new table! I will be on my own with my on the fly install. So, any help out there with dimensions of the 3/4" plywood would be appreciated. Thanks.
Timbo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 06:43 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo1 View Post
I will be picking up my new 19' with U dinette on June 5. I am selling my home and most of my stuff before I drive to Chilliwack. I have a new Lagun in hand that I plan to insall on the road since I will not have a workshop to go back to. I will need to prepare my components such as backing board braces etc. I have been reviewing all the great photos and conversations about the Lagun install which has been very helpful. I want to precut my 3/4" plywood backing. My question is what are the needed dimensions of this board for the 19'? I would prefer not to have to shave off a little just to make it fit or to realize that I cut it too small.

I hope that you are able to enlist some help at the rally to install your new table! I will be on my own with my on the fly install. So, any help out there with dimensions of the 3/4" plywood would be appreciated. Thanks.
Timbo, since each Escape is hand built, there maybe a variance in each trailer's measurements, particularly for options like the "U" in the E19. You may want to save a power saw and drill and ruler to measure your unit. Good luck....
Old 02-10-2019, 07:17 AM   #6

Trailer: 2019 19'
Thanks. I will be bringing tools along to include a jig saw just for these eventualities. I won't be bringing any saw horses though. I have a 2'X4' 3/4" piece of plywood that I will bring. I have my 5 year old black Lab to help. I will make it work.
Timbo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 07:51 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo1 View Post
Thanks. I will be bringing tools along to include a jig saw just for these eventualities. I won't be bringing any saw horses though. I have a 2'X4' 3/4" piece of plywood that I will bring. I have my 5 year old black Lab to help. I will make it work.
There is always a picnic table to use.....