Hint for new owners....... - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2021, 10:40 AM   #1

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Hint for new owners.......

Request that Escape NOT drill a hole in your sink cover, it can be used as a pop up table with purchase of 2 hinge brackets......
Old 09-21-2021, 10:45 AM   #2

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Request that Escape NOT drill a hole in your sink cover, it can be used as a pop up table with purchase of 2 hinge brackets......
On the other hand, the sink cover expands the counter space available and you can drop utensils through the hole into the sink. You can securely lift the cover slightly to slide a plate or bowl into the sink too.
Old 09-21-2021, 10:47 AM   #3
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
It can! But then again, the three pop-up tables I ordered have the edges finished in the same trim as the kitchen countertop. I suppose I could have also done the same for one, but I'm lazy
Old 09-21-2021, 10:51 AM   #4

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA (Little Elsie) Extensively Personalized
Quote:
I don’t understand your reasoning. The sink cover can be used as a “surface” whether or not it has a hole. And I have a tub that fits perfectly in the sink and the sink cover fits on top of it. We can drop knives, forks, and spoons directly in the tub through the hole. Anyway, we would drill a hole in ours if it had been omitted by ETI. But whatever works for you……
Old 09-21-2021, 02:04 PM   #5

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
On the other hand, the sink cover expands the counter space available and you can drop utensils through the hole into the sink. You can securely lift the cover slightly to slide a plate or bowl into the sink too.
Hi: gbaglo... What happens to the cover when the hole is gone? Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
Old 09-21-2021, 02:49 PM   #6

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Old 09-21-2021, 03:24 PM   #7

Trailer: 21' Escape Trailer
Thumbs down Hope your handy to fix all these things that break

2019 Trailer now have to install a new window due to defect. Broken sewer cap, broken tube cap the list goes on. Escape has no concern they got paid and it’s out of warranty. No reason for the uneducated reply’s that several members are good at.
Old 09-21-2021, 09:55 PM   #8

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
If women don’t find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.
Red Green

Yah, you gotta fix some stuff some times. I don’t mind and I get some satisfaction out of not paying someone to do it for me.

At my grandsons preschool they have a thinking chair. It’s an “aid” to guiding good decisions. Now, whenever he’s at our place and he wants to know something or learn something he says “I’ve been thinking” and gives me a solution to a problem. If he’s close we try it. Not close we work on another route. I believe there’s not enough time being spent on practical problem solving and the methods used to find a conclusion. I am very proud of kids who are staring off into space trying to figure something out with logic as opposed to going straight to “YouTube”.
Old 09-22-2021, 06:51 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdmixer View Post
2019 Trailer now have to install a new window due to defect. Broken sewer cap, broken tube cap the list goes on. Escape has no concern they got paid and it’s out of warranty. No reason for the uneducated reply’s that several members are good at.
I surely understand your unhappiness that you cannot get certain things fixed under warranty. I previously owned a Scamp (for which I came up with an acronym: Shoddily Constructed And Maintenance Plagued) which was the biggest towed POS I personally ever owned. However, your implication that anyone who may disagree with your sentiments and respond in a way that seemingly contradicts your assessment of ETI is uneducated I personally find uncalled for and inflammatory. May I suggest, sir, that if you are overwhelmed by “defects” you believe that are the fault of ETI, perhaps you should consider doing what I did, namely selling your Escape and move on to another manufacturer. The individual who purchased my Scamp (after I corrected the issues that led to my unhappiness) loves the trailer. There are many more Scamps on the road than Escapes. So “I took the road less traveled and it has made all the difference” (for me).

And for the record, I am fairly well educated; educated well enough to know that most members here are willing and want to help those with legitimate questions and maintenance issues, but are turned off by pointless complaining.
Old 09-22-2021, 07:25 AM   #10

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Hi: cdmixer... My hint after the sewer cap broke is to fix it. If you're not able to do simple and more complicated maintenance repairs yourself... DON"T BUY AN RV!!! I'm educated enough to know that. Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
Old 09-22-2021, 09:02 AM   #11

Trailer: 2021 5.0
Quote:
Purchasing an escape is quite a bit of money by the time its all added up, not far off from what I just payed for a truck to pull it around.

It does seem as many of the problems people on here have could be avoided by escape putting more thought into details.

As I was writing out the check for my truck that has had every inch of it gone over I couldn’t help but think, maybe escape should hire someone like centex for consulting.
Old 09-22-2021, 09:47 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooshkaboo View Post
Purchasing an escape is quite a bit of money by the time its all added up, not far off from what I just payed for a truck to pull it around.

It does seem as many of the problems people on here have could be avoided by escape putting more thought into details.

As I was writing out the check for my truck that has had every inch of it gone over I couldn’t help but think, maybe escape should hire someone like centex for consulting.
Perhaps Escape could hire a consultant from the manufacturer of the closely examined truck you just purchased. But I suspect in the long run (over its serviceable life) that the truck will have more problems, much higher maintenance costs, and require more repair parts than the Escape will. And that is because both are assembled by man, and the truck has a lot more sensitive items that can fail. If one purchases something with the expectation that it will be trouble free forever, the item is purchased with unreasonable expectations. Even a granite headstone weathers; in a couple hundred years it isn’t going to look new. Over my lifetime, I have purchased 15 new vehicles and a few preowned vehicles. Not a one of them was problem free. Three were F-150s. Just replaced the windshield on my latest due to a rock from a dump truck going in the opposite direction. Had to replace or repair the windshields on the other two F-150s. Should I blame Ford? I don’t think so. ETI hiring Centex as a consultant will not solve anything (maybe provide some innovative ideas), and quality control does not, in the end, prevent every component failure or maintenance issue.
Old 09-22-2021, 10:11 AM   #13

Trailer: 2021 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by C&G in FL View Post
Perhaps Escape could hire a consultant from the manufacturer of the closely examined truck you just purchased. But I suspect in the long run (over its serviceable life) that the truck will have more problems, much higher maintenance costs, and require more repair parts than the Escape will. And that is because both are assembled by man, and the truck has a lot more sensitive items that can fail. If one purchases something with the expectation that it will be trouble free forever, the item is purchased with unreasonable expectations. Even a granite headstone weathers; in a couple hundred years it isn’t going to look new. Over my lifetime, I have purchased 15 new vehicles and a few preowned vehicles. Not a one of them was problem free. Three were F-150s. Just replaced the windshield on my latest due to a rock from a dump truck going in the opposite direction. Had to replace or repair the windshields on the other two F-150s. Should I blame Ford? I don’t think so. ETI hiring Centex as a consultant will not solve anything (maybe provide some innovative ideas), and quality control does not, in the end, prevent every component failure or maintenance issue.
Sorry you’ve had all these auto troubles, I’ve had zero with my last four Toyota’s.

I understand you are one of those fans he was referring, or is it the 6 of you are getting some sort of kickback.
Old 09-22-2021, 12:04 PM   #14

Trailer: 2022 21C + 2021 F-150 PowerBoost 4x4
Quote:
I understand you are one of those fans he was referring, or is it the 6 of you are getting some sort of kickback.
I’ll take some of that kickback. Where do I sign up?
Old 09-22-2021, 12:06 PM   #15

Quote:
Sorry you’ve had all these auto troubles, I’ve had zero with my last four Toyota’s.

Cute! I don’t ask for you to be sorry for me; I wasn’t complaining, just stating facts. I’ve owned two Toyotas, both of which have had some maintenance issues. However, brake replacements, oil and filter changes, many sets of tires, etc. have added up to substantial investment on all vehicles and like some people here, I don’t expect things to last forever. And no, I’m not one of those fans nor am I getting any more of a kickback than you are getting from Toyota. I am, as I said, sick of all the pointless complaining. Got a problem, man up and deal with it. When I was raising adolescents, I expected whining. Unfortunately, some people never outgrow adolescence and name calling. And it isn’t hard to discern a request for information/assistance from outright complaining that will not solve anything.
Old 09-22-2021, 12:13 PM   #16

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Flying the flags and drinking the Kool-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by YakRV View Post
I’ll take some of that kickback. Where do I sign up?
Wouldn’t know
Iowa Dave
Attached Images

Old 09-22-2021, 12:20 PM   #17

Trailer: 2022 21C + 2021 F-150 PowerBoost 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
Wouldn’t know
Iowa Dave
Haha.
Old 09-22-2021, 12:33 PM   #18

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by C&G in FL View Post
Cute! I don’t ask for you to be sorry for me; I wasn’t complaining, just stating facts. I’ve owned two Toyotas, both of which have had some maintenance issues. However, brake replacements, oil and filter changes, many sets of tires, etc. have added up to substantial investment on all vehicles and like some people here, I don’t expect things to last forever. And no, I’m not one of those fans nor am I getting any more of a kickback than you are getting from Toyota. I am, as I said, sick of all the pointless complaining. Got a problem, man up and deal with it. When I was raising adolescents, I expected whining. Unfortunately, some people never outgrow adolescence and name calling. And it isn’t hard to discern a request for information/assistance from outright complaining that will not solve anything.
Tell it like it is!
Old 09-22-2021, 12:54 PM   #19

Trailer: 2017 21c Sold, 2023 Bigfoot 25RQ
After 4 years, the hinge on the sewer hose storage tube is deteriorating, I just switched to the other side and bought a spare for when that side breaks. Plenty of minor maintenance. I’ve been lucky that all of my appliances, save fo a hot water control board failure under warranty, have worked well for 4 years. Do I expect that to last forever no. Bad windows is a manufacturer fault. I would like to see a design change on the tank drains, though I think it has been done. I understand frustration with problems, and the assembly process could be better. However those who are unhappy with their Escape surely could sell it in a couple of days. My old fiddler friend used to say live life, it’s not a disease. Olivers are nice, just saying.
Old 09-22-2021, 12:59 PM   #20

Trailer: 5.0TA 2017
I expect somethings to break - my sewer hose storage pipe cap broke (haven't really fixed it yet -still stays on for now) , had to have a window repaired , issues with my propane detector and several other small issues have come up but, these seem like pretty normal issues. I am not unhappy with the trailer- I am in fact still loving my trailer - almost everything works perfectly!
I am well educated and receive no compensation from Escape.
Closed Thread