Hooks - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login

Old 02-23-2012, 01:09 PM   #1

Trailer: 2012 Escape 17B
Hooks

FYI, I ordered some hook racks and had them sent up to Tammy to mount in our Escape, as they needed to be trimmed to fit, and we no longer have a table saw. They look pretty snazzy and fold flush when not in use -- Tammy actually just emailed me to ask where I got them -- so I thought I'd post a few photos here in case peeps were looking for something for their own. They're from "Umbra" and available to ship directly to Escape in Chilliwack. On the Umbra website the item number is 318850-390.

We also have one of these racks adjacent to the bathroom door, though that's not pictured.

Attached Thumbnails
006 (4).jpg   007 (5).jpg  
medora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 03:41 PM   #2

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
Re: Hooks

E - that looks really sweet. I see Amazon has them too with free shipping. I wonder if Reace put in a special backer or if there is already a framing piece of wood there that they were able to screw into.

Eric

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
thoer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 05:22 PM   #3

Eric, there's reinforcement in all three places these are installed (or at least there is in the fridge wall and the bathroom wall) -- I think we paid an extra $15 or $20 for that, specifically because we knew we would want to hang hooks/coats/etc. It was nice of Reace and team to cut and mount these for free. We opted out of the hanging closet space in the wardrobe, as you can see, so the hooks will be handy.

Yup, you can get 'em cheaper from US Amazon. We just wanted them shipped direct to the Maker, so a Canadian vendor worked better with the shipping

Umbra also has a matching organizer, which we got -- that's what's sitting in the box on the wardrobe. We'll mount that one ourselves. It has slots for maps or whatever, and little hooks for keys. It'll probably go in the empty spot to the right of the door for the overhead storage, above the wardrobe. And right below that, you might note the little cubby which we had Reace add.

T-minus 7 until pickup
medora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 05:49 PM   #4

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)

E - I would love to put one exactly where you have the one on the fridge wall. I see you got the large fridge too. Do you know if Reace used existing framing there or if he had to put in an extra backer?

I am sure you are getting REALLY anxious to pick up your beauty!

Eric

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
Old 02-23-2012, 08:02 PM   #5

Eric, I'm 90% sure there's an extra piece of plywood back there. If you want to be positive shoot Tammy an email, this is still on her radar (we just emailed about the hooks today).
& Dovekie the Wirehaired Pointing Griffon
medora66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 08:27 AM   #6

E, looking at where is it mounted on the fridge wall, it is right where the shelf is, so I am assuming there is some support there for the shelf that I should be able to hit with some screws. I will try my stud finder on it - what a name!

Eric