IKEA Mattress support currently available in AS-IS - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login

Old 09-25-2020, 04:20 AM   #1

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic #7
IKEA Mattress support currently available in AS-IS

Those of you who are interested in the IKEA mattress support
https://www.ikea.com/au/en/p/loenset...base-80278715/

My local IKEA ( Palo ALto, Ca) has ~100 in their As-Is section for $19.90.

You may want to see if your local store has them in stock.

-Dave
7th Heaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 10:19 PM   #2

Trailer: Escape 19 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7th Heaven View Post
Those of you who are interested in the IKEA mattress support
https://www.ikea.com/au/en/p/loenset...base-80278715/

My local IKEA ( Palo ALto, Ca) has ~100 in their As-Is section for $19.90.

You may want to see if your local store has them in stock.

-Dave
Hi Dave, just wondering how you like this? When I clicked on the link it said the price was $120? My local store is also Palo Alto!

Larry
LarryLSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021, 12:43 AM   #3

Trailer: 2022 21C, our second Escape
I highly recommend Lonset, and yes we found ours also in the IKEA clearance too. They used to have three designs... I believe Leirsund was the top quality, Lonset the middle and Luroy the budget one. Now in their current catalog/website they are only offering Luroy, Also Lonset seems to be only available in-store as clearance now. A last-chance closeout, not showing up on website.
Small but Sweet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021, 02:04 AM   #4
Ops

Trailer: 2020 - 21NE "JoMoE" (Just our Means of Escape)
After our maiden voyage last year, and a recommendation from another contributor to this forum, we located and installed our LONSET in our 21NE.

It took a little bit of custom cutting to fit into the round corners, but it fit extremely well once it was done. I would suggest that it is a tight fit, so shortening the ribs equally by a 1/4 inch (totalling 1/2 inch for both sides). It'd be much easier to get the 2 sides in and out once they are in place.

We paid $100 a year ago. $20 today is a great deal...plus you get air circulation that'll help mitigate mold.
Ops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021, 08:15 AM   #5

Trailer: 2018 21 Sept 7 2018
We added the Lonset after picking up our 21 and the difference was night n day. We both slept so much better no more tossing n turning trying to get comfortable.

David
Oldtimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 03:26 AM   #6

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic #7
Hi Larry,
Just saw your reply. We Love the extra spring support.
As others have said there is some trimming required to fit as well as maintain access to Storage.

Ikea As-Is is always a treasure hunt for trailer mods
Good Luck

Here is a pic of what we did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryLSB View Post
Hi Dave, just wondering how you like this? When I clicked on the link it said the price was $120? My local store is also Palo Alto!

Larry
7th Heaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 10:26 AM   #7

Trailer: 2023 Escape 21C
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7th Heaven View Post
Hi Larry,
Just saw your reply. We Love the extra spring support.
As others have said there is some trimming required to fit as well as maintain access to Storage.

Ikea As-Is is always a treasure hunt for trailer mods
Good Luck

Here is a pic of what we did.
Hi David, I'm a new member, my E21C will be ready in August. I have followed threads relating to controlling moisture problems under the mattresses and the Ikea bed slats seems to address that plus provides extra comfort. I called Ikea and ordered the Luroy model out of Charlotte NC as it currently the only one available. I don't know how well it is made but took a chance;$30 + $10 shipping, 300 mile delivery. The person I spoke with didn't seem that knowledgeable so after I placed my order I decided to call back to see if there was any Lonset models on clearance at that store. What I did learn from the 2nd rep I spoke with is he thinks the Lonset may be coming available in the US in October. He found the it with the spelling LONSET, article # 602.787.16 Their website leaves much to be desired.
Thanks for letting us know about the bed slat product line.
Jim A.
Greatboatz3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2021, 03:51 PM   #8

Trailer: Escape 19 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatboatz3 View Post
Hi David, I'm a new member, my E21C will be ready in August. I have followed threads relating to controlling moisture problems under the mattresses and the Ikea bed slats seems to address that plus provides extra comfort. I called Ikea and ordered the Luroy model out of Charlotte NC as it currently the only one available. I don't know how well it is made but took a chance;$30 + $10 shipping, 300 mile delivery. The person I spoke with didn't seem that knowledgeable so after I placed my order I decided to call back to see if there was any Lonset models on clearance at that store. What I did learn from the 2nd rep I spoke with is he thinks the Lonset may be coming available in the US in October. He found the it with the spelling LONSET, article # 602.787.16 Their website leaves much to be desired.
Thanks for letting us know about the bed slat product line.
Jim A.
Just made the bed in our 19 and remembered I was gonna get slats! Might aw well wait till October and see if those LONSET ones come back. THX! Larry
LarryLSB is offline   Reply With Quote