Installing a lagun mount in a standard dinette - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-09-2021, 07:38 PM   #1

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
Installing a lagun mount in a standard dinette

Hello, I just bought a 2014 19 with the standard dinette. I would like to add a lagun table mount so I can put two dog kennels under the table. I have seen this mod done with the u shape dinette only. Anyone install one in the standard dinette?
Thank you all for this great forum, I have read many great ideas.
JWScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 09:25 PM   #2

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19
Did it in my 2017 E19 when raised floor and modified framing with some 1"x1" aluminum angle. Added just a small storage area at front with flip top utilizing portion of table top I cut off. Still allows for cushions to be supported for dinette bed.
Attached Thumbnails
Framing.jpg   Raised Dinette.jpg  
ChuckBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 10:12 PM   #3

Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckBC View Post
Did it in my 2017 E19 when raised floor and modified framing with some 1"x1" aluminum angle. Added just a small storage area at front with flip top utilizing portion of table top I cut off. Still allows for cushions to be supported for dinette bed.
Very nicely done Chuck
Old 06-10-2021, 03:51 PM   #4

Very nice, time to take a look at mine
Old 06-10-2021, 04:02 PM   #5

Trailer: 2017 5.0
I am working on this same thing for my 2017 5.0. I'm just in the first stages of looking for ideas.

Chuck, I'd love more details about your project...is there an old post somewhere where you shared all that?

I'm wondering about the 2 post brackets that are screwed into my floor now, and what their removal will be like...was going to go out to the trailer today and start investigating!
Old 06-10-2021, 04:07 PM   #6

Trailer: Escape 19 (July 2018) pulled by F-150 (3.5 ecoboost)
Quote:
I agree. That is nicely done and gives me something to think about. First is, do I have the skill needed to plan and construct this? Second is, am I confident enough to cut a slab off my current table? That's what gives me the greatest pause. I do like the added storage and the opportunity to relocate (and replace) the battery isolation switch and to also move a couple power outlets from the passenger side bench.
Old 06-10-2021, 06:37 PM   #7

Trailer: 2017 5.0
Here's what I've got to work with. I'm thinking for those holes I can come up with some sort of fill-sand-polish solution, rather than replacing the flooring or covering it up.

I'm hoping not to have to move that converter box, which would mean my support wall will need to be pretty close to the back wall.

Like you John, I'm not sure I've got the skills for this kind of project myself, I may decide to employ some outside help...
Attached Thumbnails
PXL_20210610_225353056.jpg   PXL_20210610_225133115a.jpg  
Old 06-10-2021, 06:49 PM   #8

I didn't do a construction post but can answer any questions. I have a finished pics that show how it looks today. The whole process was to raise seating and then from there why not do it all. I also wanted it to look stock and not add extra weight so stuck to pine with aluminum. Got finished bits of molding from Escape and added another front cabinet door to passenger side. With 2 doors to lower bench and large outside marine hatch this really allows for a lot of access. Love raised seating and 3rd use of Lagun and can't say enough about practicality. I drop it and lock on bench cushions while travelling so it doesn't jump around. Inverter on flip top storage at front.
Attached Thumbnails
0-3.jpeg   0-4.jpeg  
Old 06-10-2021, 07:06 PM   #9

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
That is nice work. Someone remind me again though about the raised floor and seats. Is this just for shorter people to see better out the windows? Why not just a thicker cushion and something under your feet?
Old 06-10-2021, 07:08 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeJoe View Post
Here's what I've got to work with. I'm thinking for those holes I can come up with some sort of fill-sand-polish solution, rather than replacing the flooring or covering it up.

I'm hoping not to have to move that converter box, which would mean my support wall will need to be pretty close to the back wall.

Like you John, I'm not sure I've got the skills for this kind of project myself, I may decide to employ some outside help...
Unfortunately marks and holes in lino may not be able to be removed totally through cleaning and filling. For my reconstruct of front dinette I managed to find a lino remnant close to original Escape floor located below. Also I found here at Winsor Plywood a sheet of Western Oak paneling.

For supporting Lagun you could put aluminum angle so it is above perpendicular to base of sloped front wall. Move base our a little more and screw aluminum angle into floor and behind to support lower portion of wall. Stiffen back of wall panel with plywood in area of Lagun wall plate.

Careful with floor screw length. Unfortunately in my case Escape had screws that were a little long and underbody where table pedestal was they created small fibreglass cracks where tips flexed rigid glass.
Old 06-10-2021, 07:16 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon327 View Post
That is nice work. Someone remind me again though about the raised floor and seats. Is this just for shorter people to see better out the windows? Why not just a thicker cushion and something under your feet?
My wife (5'4") when we bought the trailer wanted to look out windows without the feeling of stretching upward. I knew after seeing Eggscapes mod I would follow in his footsteps. Doing the mod gave me so much more than the raised seating. Shoe tray under floor, better bench access, electrical changes. I do admit it is no turning back when you rip out the whole dinette and start again. Also I was able to source original materials to reconstruct the whole dinette.
Old 06-11-2021, 10:01 PM   #12

Quote:
Chuck after looking at how you did your modification, I'm going to follow your lead and do something very similar. After measuring no way I'm fitting two kennels under the table but I really only need one small one on the port side and I'll sit on the other side and it is just me and my two dogs. The older one always finds a spot on the floor to sleep and has several camping trips under his collar, but the young one needs her kennel when I go out.
I like the aluminum angle and that will be easy to fab. Where did you get, or did you build those inside hatches?
Old 06-12-2021, 04:25 AM   #13

Trailer: 2021 E19 (Padawan)
I too am scheming a. Lagan in a 19 standard dinette. GCD 10/21.
Old 06-12-2021, 10:37 AM   #14

I was lucky getting 2x 20ft lengths of aluminum 1x1 angle on marketplace. From my pics on framing you can see I extended front cross pieces (front of my storage compartment) all the way to bench outer walls. I slotted the bench framing top pieces so that the aluminum angle could drop in flush with framed surface for hinged bench plywood cover.
You want to stand angled front wall perpendicular with floor for Lagun. Look at placement on Escape bench framing out from wall that allows for a kick piece to anchor wall under torgue from Lagun pedestal.

The cabinet doors were custom made and purchased from ETI. Originally I took the front one I had and put in back bench corner. I framed to allow a front one where ETI places it on bench. After finishing, as you see from previous pic, I ordered another and installed. Last year ETI supplied cabinet door, hinges, handle for around $60 Cdn. Well worth it.
Attached Thumbnails
Exterior hatch.jpg   Framing.jpg   framing 2.JPG  
Old 06-12-2021, 11:26 AM   #15

Quote:
I was lucky getting 2x 20ft lengths of aluminum 1x1 angle on marketplace. From my pics on framing you can see I extended front cross pieces (front of my storage compartment) all the way to bench outer walls. I slotted the bench framing top pieces so that the aluminum angle could drop in flush with framed surface for hinged bench plywood cover.
You want to stand angled front wall perpendicular with floor for Lagun. Look at placement on Escape bench framing out from wall that allows for a kick piece to anchor wall under torgue from Lagun pedestal.

The cabinet doors were custom made and purchased from ETI. Originally I took the front one I had and put in back bench corner. I framed to allow a front one where ETI places it on bench. After finishing, as you see from previous pic, I ordered another and installed. Last year ETI supplied cabinet door, hinges, handle for around $60 Cdn. Well worth it.
Thanks for the information. Just came in for a break, first job is to clean up the hitch area, mine has the optional storage compartment and it needed cleaning up also installing a new gas regulator and hoses, found a bracket for 50.00 to mount an electric jack similar to what you did. I would also like to move my spare to that location while I'm working on that area. I'm going to look and see if you described how you mounted a bracket to hold the spare, I was looking to see if I could use the bracket that holds it to the back bumper but that would require some cutting and welding, and at 69 I'm not as quick as I used to be. I'll get it finished though, ain't my first rodeo. Thanks again for the help.
Old 06-12-2021, 11:38 PM   #16

Trailer: 2020 Escape 5.0TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWScott View Post
Hello, I just bought a 2014 19 with the standard dinette. I would like to add a lagun table mount so I can put two dog kennels under the table. I have seen this mod done with the u shape dinette only. Anyone install one in the standard dinette?
Thank you all for this great forum, I have read many great ideas.
There is a post in the Facebook from someone who did it. He mounted a board across the back and attached the lagun to that. The poster’s name is Dana Reed. And another who attached it to the side bench. Her name is Sabrina Sandiland.
Old 07-01-2021, 09:23 AM   #17

Trailer: 2023 Escape 5.0TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmel Clown View Post
There is a post in the Facebook from someone who did it. He mounted a board across the back and attached the lagun to that. The poster’s name is Dana Reed. And another who attached it to the side bench. Her name is Sabrina Sandiland.
I tried to find those, but no luck.

I'd really like to do something similar without raising the floor, but I really want something stable. Not a fan of the wobbliness of the tables we've seen.
AuthorSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 11:00 AM   #18

Trailer: 2020 Escape 5.0TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuthorSP View Post
I tried to find those, but no luck.

I'd really like to do something similar without raising the floor, but I really want something stable. Not a fan of the wobbliness of the tables we've seen.
Dana Reed posted it in the Escape Facebook Group. Search the group for bracket and it should come up.
Old 07-03-2021, 06:56 PM   #19

Trailer: 2023 Escape 5.0TA
Actually, I like the raised floor idea. Definitely want to do the Lagun. I found references to another table mounting option, Dicor slide for the table, but it looks like it is no longer available. I wonder if there is a new product like it.
AuthorSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2023, 02:22 PM   #20

Trailer: 2022 Escape 19
I'm going to change my pedestal table to a Lagun-type mount. Thank you for posting your modifications.
The shoe storage looks like a great addition--is the floor framing 1" x 6"? Did you use 5/8" ply for the floor? My only hesitation with raising the floor 6" is would a 6' tall guy bump his head moving in and out?
ososlo is offline   Reply With Quote