Lagun Table Mount Install - Thoughts - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-21-2018, 11:03 PM   #21

Trailer: 2016 19 / Toyota 4Runner 2019
Lagun table

If I had known about these when I ordered my trailer would have arranged to get one installed for sure looks great. How can you not like no posts under the table?. ETI standard works for how much we go camping so probably not worth the effort in my case. But looks really nice.
Old 02-24-2018, 08:06 PM   #22

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21, 2017 Toyota Tundra 5.7L 4x4
Thank you WDR2.

I installed a Lagun table leg several months ago, but I had some flex when putting weight on the front edge of the table. So I followed WDR2's 3rd installation instruction (in the first post) and purchased a 4 foot 3/4 inch angle iron from Home Depot. I installed it along the upper front edge of the back bench. This makes a significant difference in the stiffness of the table leg.
Old 03-27-2018, 04:53 PM   #23

Trailer: 2018 Escape 17A double dinette
Thanks all for the detailed directions and photos of reinforcement for the Lagun mount. Considering an alternate location and seeking input on the idea. Any problems I'm not seeing?

In the front of 17a I'll have a 30 inch wide bed and then a 20 inch filler piece. If I put the Lagun attachment on the 20 inch piece and position the vertical mounting setup on the drivers side bench toward the kitchen, I think I could swing that partial table against the wardrobe into the entry aisle and use it for a counter.
Thoughts?
Old 04-17-2018, 07:02 PM   #24

Trailer: 2018 5.0TA / 2018 GMC Canyon/Duramax
Handle on Wrong Side

I had seen others who had switched the handle on the Lagun table mount from the factory/stock position to the opposite side. Moving the handle to the opposite side makes sense as the stock position puts it right next to the power center. I confirmed with Mark of Mark&Elaine that the bolt is a carriage bolt and only pressed in.

Since I was going to move the handle to the other side. I decided to take pictures as I went. Hopefully this helps others that want to make this change.
Attached Thumbnails
1_Lagun Mount.jpg  
Kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 07:03 PM   #25

This is what I did.
Attached Thumbnails
1a_DSC_1929.JPG   2_DSC_1928.jpg   3_DSC_1930.JPG   4_DSC_1931.JPG   5_DSC_1932.JPG  

6_DSC_1936.JPG   7_DSC_1937.JPG   8_DSC_1938.JPG  
Old 04-18-2018, 02:06 AM   #26

Thanks for the step by step instructions with photos. I have been thinking of switching the lever side, but have not done it because I thought I would have to file out the hole to make it square.
Old 06-06-2018, 11:18 PM   #27

Finished Lagun Mount

For the Lagun mount I installed the bracket yesterday finishing the Lagun Mount project. Thanks to all who posted their Lagun mount pictures as it was a big help.

To mount the steel bracket to the floor I used the threaded inserts copied from Bill's install. The mount with table installed is very solid.

Word of Caution, if drilling into floor in this area at least on my 5.0TA. I only had about ½ inch to play with once through the vinyl floor before reaching outer fiberglass skin.
Attached Thumbnails
1_Before IMG_0058.jpg   2_Three Quarter plywood times 2_DSC_2048.JPG   3_Finished Bracket_DSC_2054.jpg   4_Lagun_Mount_DSC_2006.jpg  
Old 06-07-2018, 09:36 AM   #28

Trailer: 2011 Casita SD 17 Sold July 2016: 2015 Escape 21 Aug 2016
I like the idea of doubling the 3/4" plywood panels. That will add a lot of stiffness without much additional work. Wish I had thought of it.
a602pmcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 06:02 PM   #29

Trailer: 2016
We are considering getting the Lagun system to replace our table and really appreciate all the detailed information and photos! There's one question that we haven't found the answer for yet, and maybe someone here can answer. In selecting where to buy the Lagun, we see it in a variety of places including one in the UK. I think a few people have ordered from the UK company. Do you end up paying an import tax when it arrives? If so, how much? We've never ordered internationally, but hear about duty and taxes, so want to know before we order. Thanks.
Footloose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 06:19 PM   #30

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I'm sure the sender will add on any applicable taxes, if there are any.
Old 06-14-2018, 06:34 PM   #31

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Just make sure they don't use UPS as a shipper. USPS is best.
I once got a bill for $50 in the mail from UPS for customs brokerage. The bill arrived by Canada Post two weeks after they had delivered the package ( which contained a $250 microphone ). That's what brown does for you.
Old 06-14-2018, 06:38 PM   #32
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
Just make sure they don't use UPS as a shipper. USPS is best.
I once got a bill for $50 in the mail from UPS for customs brokerage. The bill arrived by Canada Post two weeks after they had delivered the package ( which contained a $250 microphone ). That's what brown does for you.
To that point: in the last 3 months I've shipped probably 20 packages, worth well over 10K. Some via Fedex, some via UPS, and some at the Post Office. Both the Fedex and the UPS shipments had all kinds of troubles, missed deliveries, drivers claiming the address didn't exist, you name it. Items shipped by USPS were hassle free.

They lose money, but they do a dang good job of shipping.
Old 06-14-2018, 08:56 PM   #33

Lagun table legs built in Iowa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Footloose View Post
We are considering getting the Lagun system to replace our table and really appreciate all the detailed information and photos! There's one question that we haven't found the answer for yet, and maybe someone here can answer. In selecting where to buy the Lagun, we see it in a variety of places including one in the UK. I think a few people have ordered from the UK company. Do you end up paying an import tax when it arrives? If so, how much? We've never ordered internationally, but hear about duty and taxes, so want to know before we order. Thanks.
I see you are from the state of Washington. The Lagun table legs are made in Iowa. We went to the factory and picked one up. Here is their address: 3040 Leversee Rd. Cedar Falls, IA. Is there a reason to order it from the UK?
Old 06-15-2018, 10:00 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardr View Post
I see you are from the state of Washington. The Lagun table legs are made in Iowa. We went to the factory and picked one up. Here is their address: 3040 Leversee Rd. Cedar Falls, IA. Is there a reason to order it from the UK?
Good Question. I found the webpage for LagunUSA that shows that Iowa address, but there is no product information or means of placing an order. On the other hand several people have posted in various forums that they've gotten them from marineteak.co.uk and rv-table-mount.com for an excellent price and very fast delivery. Both are in the UK. But I'm open to any good ideas.
Old 06-15-2018, 10:57 PM   #35

Trailer: 2018 Escape 17A double dinette
I spoke with Lagun USA on the phone a couple months ago when I was considering that for the front table. The person I spoke to gave me price and ordering info. There's a contact number on the website.
Old 06-15-2018, 11:13 PM   #36

Lagun On-Sale

How about this site. U.S. delivery in 2 to 3 days according to web site.

https://www.rv-table-mount.com/
Old 06-15-2018, 11:46 PM   #37

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent View Post

Sorry, they don't sell to Alberta.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 11:59 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by h2owmn View Post
I spoke with Lagun USA on the phone a couple months ago when I was considering that for the front table. The person I spoke to gave me price and ordering info. There's a contact number on the website.
I'll try giving them a call. Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent View Post

Yes, that's one of the sites I mentioned above. They are in the UK, but I've heard good things about them. One of the reasons I was asking about import/customs fees that could be collected here in the U.S.
Old 06-16-2018, 09:22 AM   #39

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21; previously a 2012 Escape 19
We ordered directly from here last fall:

https://www.marineteak.co.uk/lagun-a...ing-system-331

Came in 3-4days, we paid exactly the amount listed on their site in USA dollars. No extra fees or taxes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Footloose View Post
Old 10-28-2018, 03:10 PM   #40

Trailer: 2019 Escape 19 "Full Quiver"; 2018 Ford F 150 3.0l Turbodiesel
Send a message via MSN to Berndad Send a message via Yahoo to Berndad
Has anyone installed a Lagun support in a 19' with the U shaped dinette?
Pictures would be ideal!
Berndad is offline   Reply With Quote