Lagun Table Mount Install - Thoughts - Page 8 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login

Old 01-05-2020, 08:08 PM   #141

Trailer: 2019 19 ft.
Nice looking installation. Thanks for sharing.
gklott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 08:58 AM   #142

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21; previously a 2012 Escape 19
Very nice install Ronn. We love our Lagun table after 2 seasons.
Old 01-06-2020, 09:30 AM   #143

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
We’ve had our Lagun table installed for about 7 months and multiple trips. I have to agree with Ronn, best mod ever.
On our recent trip with two grown kids, I cut a small piece of ply to go with the filler board to easily remove the Lagun and set the sleeping area. The small ply stores under the front bench for the rare occasions we need an extra bed.
The combination of the endless positions this setup can achieve, the best of which is quick removal for the full lounge experience makes this unbeatable for us.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 10:21 AM   #144

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19
I will be modifying my 2017 E19 dinette (non U-shape) to raise floor/seating like done by Eggscape with the addition of a Lagun. Front wall will be moved out slightly for storage and not contemplating U-shaped seating mod at this time.

Like others, I will top the front bench to bench storage compartment wall with aluminum angle. Since I will be raising the dinette floor, I am considering using an angle bracket that backs the compartment wall and runs under and is attached to the new raised floor. This eliminates screwing into the original floor and will provide a vertical surface attached top and bottom to what I hope is a rigid pedestal backing wall.

Mod input appreciated.
ChuckBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 11:44 AM   #145

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I can vouch for this mod, on the front E19 dinette I added a cross brace side to side shelf about 16" deep with a hole in the middle for the stock pedestal leg. This really secured the table as well as provided some storage underneath the table on the shelf.
Old 01-06-2020, 02:35 PM   #146

Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckBC View Post
I will be modifying my 2017 E19 dinette (non U-shape) to raise floor/seating like done by Eggscape with the addition of a Lagun. Front wall will be moved out slightly for storage and not contemplating U-shaped seating mod at this time.

Like others, I will top the front bench to bench storage compartment wall with aluminum angle. Since I will be raising the dinette floor, I am considering using an angle bracket that backs the compartment wall and runs under and is attached to the new raised floor. This eliminates screwing into the original floor and will provide a vertical surface attached top and bottom to what I hope is a rigid pedestal backing wall.

Mod input appreciated.
ChuckBC, I think you have the right idea going there. Others have mentioned adding a Lagun without the U-shaped dinette but I am not aware of any.

As others have mentioned, your table is likely 12" or so longer than ours. I think a longer aluminum plate, a different table material or a shorter table with a filler board for when you want to convert the dinette into a bed would be good options for a longer table.

Good Luck, keep in mind that we would like to see pictures of this install.
Old 01-07-2020, 02:44 PM   #147

Trailer: 2015 17A - Ready for more Maiden Voyages ....
I'd love to install a Lagun table mount in my 17A (large table in rear). Mmmmm. Need to come to a rally and get some measurements from those that have done this mod. How much does the apparatus weigh?

Thanks all that have shared pictures.

Tom
Old 07-12-2020, 12:06 PM   #148

Trailer: 2020 E19 - towed by a Jeep Gladiator
Lagun table mount E19 install

Another Lagun table mount install...

Our recently picked up E19 has the U-shaped dinette and we had ETI only provide the table rather installing it since we wanted to install a Lagun table mount. We 'encouraged' ETI to offer this as an option and requested they install ours but they said it was currently not offered for either.

We ordered the Lagun table mount from www.marineteak.co.uk (link recommended in prior posts above) which shipped in a couple days from England and for an amazing price. I also appreciate Ronn's time to visit on the phone prior to our picking up our trailer to visit about his table install and all things Escape. This forum is a great sharing community.

We generally followed the recommendations outlined previously. Our E19 has an inverter installed which was required to be re-positioned several inches towards the passenger side so there was room for the bolts, fortunately it did not require any re-wiring.

The materials we used on the inside wall and on the floor was 3/4" plywood because we had a piece available (yes, it's overkill). We used a couple of shelf brackets we already had. Since we used 3/4" plywood we did have to source longer bolts to attached the Lagan plate to the outside wall next to the converter. We used the ETI provided 1/2" plywood table base to attached the Lagun mounting plate to the table. It turned out rock solid.

We are super happy with how multi-functional this makes the U-shaped dinette and it can be made into a bed or stowed as a lounge securely in no time.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2231(1).jpg   IMG_2229(1).jpg   IMG_2220(1).jpg   IMG_2224(1).jpg   IMG_2225(1).jpg  

IMG_2228(1).jpg  
Old 07-14-2020, 01:43 PM   #149

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsbfree View Post
Another Lagun table mount install...

Our recently picked up E19 has the U-shaped dinette and we had ETI only provide the table rather installing it since we wanted to install a Lagun table mount. We 'encouraged' ETI to offer this as an option and requested they install ours but they said it was currently not offered for either.

We ordered the Lagun table mount from www.marineteak.co.uk (link recommended in prior posts above) which shipped in a couple days from England and for an amazing price. I also appreciate Ronn's time to visit on the phone prior to our picking up our trailer to visit about his table install and all things Escape. This forum is a great sharing community.

We generally followed the recommendations outlined previously. Our E19 has an inverter installed which was required to be re-positioned several inches towards the passenger side so there was room for the bolts, fortunately it did not require any re-wiring.

The materials we used on the inside wall and on the floor was 3/4" plywood because we had a piece available (yes, it's overkill). We used a couple of shelf brackets we already had. Since we used 3/4" plywood we did have to source longer bolts to attached the Lagan plate to the outside wall next to the converter. We used the ETI provided 1/2" plywood table base to attached the Lagun mounting plate to the table. It turned out rock solid.

We are super happy with how multi-functional this makes the U-shaped dinette and it can be made into a bed or stowed as a lounge securely in no time.
Well done install Glade, looks great. Thanks for posting info and pictures.
Old 07-14-2020, 04:15 PM   #150

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Very nice install. We now have two groups; the 19er's and the 19er's with Lagun Tables.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 05:04 PM   #151

Trailer: 2023 Escape 21C
Steel brackets to support Lagun bracket

"Then I installed two steel brackets between the new vertical “wall” of this back bench and the floor of the trailer.
They are 8in x 12in shelf support brackets made of 1/8in steel by these folks:

They are much stronger than necessary but, more importantly, they are very stiff. Cheap too, less than $20/pair plus shipping.

I attached these brackets using 1/4in threaded inserts and 1/4in bolts. By far the weakest part of the bracket install is the threaded insert/plywood connection in the trailer floor. A better solution would be to use through bolts but that’s overkill."

Bill , I won't receive my E21 for quite awhile but I following the form to learn what I can. I want a Lagum table and agree with strengthening the wall. I do I feel uncomfortable putting a hole through the linoleum. How thick is the plywood subfloor? Jim A.
Greatboatz3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 04:37 PM   #152

Trailer: N/A
I'm waiting on my Lagun mount and leg, but just completed the front wall reinforcement on our 21NE. Here's another take on it - it's very solid.

We had Escape split the front cushions for ease of access underneath the forward seat in the u-shaped dinette. I'm not sure if the cabinet configuration we received is specific to that modification or not, but it came with two lifting lids instead of one long one. In order to accomodate that, they run a 1x2 front to back to support the split lid. Seen on the right of this photo.

While this 1x2 seems to add considerable stiffness to the front wall that wouldn't be there otherwise, the only thing holding it to the front wall is a small block and a few wood screws. You have to pull forward with considerable force to make it budge, but I'd rather not take the chance when reinforcement is so easy.

Some wide aluminum plate replaced the 1/2 that extends the depth of the box, through bolted on the rear through the plywood. Up front, a simple aluminum L bracket was cut from some scrap box aluminum, bolted to the plate and through bolted on the front wall. Yes, this results in the two visible bolts shown in the pics below - but they add tons of strength and won't be visible when the table is in place. Flathead bolts with countersunk holes were used throughout to keep things flush.

syspig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 08:56 PM   #153

Quote:
Originally Posted by syspig View Post
I'm waiting on my Lagun mount and leg, but just completed the front wall reinforcement on our 21NE. Here's another take on it - it's very solid.

We had Escape split the front cushions for ease of access underneath the forward seat in the u-shaped dinette. I'm not sure if the cabinet configuration we received is specific to that modification or not, but it came with two lifting lids instead of one long one. In order to accomodate that, they run a 1x2 front to back to support the split lid.
While this 1x2 seems to add considerable stiffness to the front wall that wouldn't be there otherwise, the only thing holding it to the front wall is a small block and a few wood screws. You have to pull forward with considerable force to make it budge, but I'd rather not take the chance when reinforcement is so easy.

Some wide aluminum plate replaced the 1/2 that extends the depth of the box, through bolted on the rear through the plywood. Up front, a simple aluminum L bracket was cut from some scrap box aluminum, bolted to the plate and through bolted on the front wall. Yes, this results in the two visible bolts shown in the pics below - but they add tons of strength and won't be visible when the table is in place. Flathead bolts with countersunk holes were used throughout to keep things flush.
Very nice Will

I ran an angled aluminum side to side, but I think your front to back will work great. I too did not feel it necessary to run a brace to the floor and our table is very stable.

The mounting to the table mounting was our weak peak spot, we added an aluminum plate to that. Others have added wood and some have glued the table to the Lagun mount.

I would have had ETI split my rear seat had I known about it. I did split it, what an improvement to not having to move those big pieces to access that bench (which I seem to do often). I do not have the 1X2 running under the split, and have not noticed any play in our bench, but our bench may be narrower than yours as I believe the U in the 5.0 is smaller than your 21NE.
Attached Thumbnails
#6 TableBottomWithAluminumPlate.jpg   Splt Rear Seat  IMG_20200512_112848.jpg   Splt Rear Seat no cushion OPENED IMG_20200512_113034.jpg   Split Rear Seat with Bench Extension IMG_20200512_112814.jpg