Maximizing cabinet space - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login

Old 04-08-2018, 12:56 AM   #1

Trailer: 2018 5.0 TA
Maximizing cabinet space

What have all of you done to maximize the stock overhead/cabinet storage, and use it more efficiently? I’m thinking of some shelving or such, especially for the overhead cabinets over the galley as it is so tall I want to use it more efficiently. I figure this forum will yield some brilliant ideas as usual!
drjenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 05:36 AM   #2

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
We don't seem to have that problem, might be the new body style has more room there then the old. Our overheads are fairly full bottom to top.
Old 04-08-2018, 09:09 AM   #3

Trailer: 2012 Escape 19 "Tortuga"
yep, stacked dishes at the front, stacked pots and pans in the middle and stacked tupperware at the back.

steve
flatpick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 09:44 AM   #4

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
I intend to add an upper shelf in the forward cabinet over the galley as it is so tall due to the sloped roof. Probably use as a shelf for cups and other small items. Other than pots, the cabinets above the galley hold all our dishes, and more.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 11:36 AM   #5

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by flatpick View Post
yep, stacked dishes at the front, stacked pots and pans in the middle and stacked tupperware at the back.

steve
I would not suggest putting heavy pots and pans in an overhead cabinet as well as heavy dishes. At home we use ironstone but in the trailer we use light weight dishes, Heavy pots and pans and canned goods should be stored low inside the trailer.
Old 04-08-2018, 07:06 PM   #6

Trailer: 2018 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
I intend to add an upper shelf in the forward cabinet over the galley as it is so tall due to the sloped roof. Probably use as a shelf for cups and other small items. Other than pots, the cabinets above the galley hold all our dishes, and more.

I was thinking a shelf, but I do want to maintain a portion of the upper cabinet for taller items, which means it would only be partially shelved. This brings up the problem of then keeping the items on the shelf in place during travel. Have any of you put a shelf in this upper cabinet, and then how did you secure the things on the shelf? I’m thinking maybe a bungee net or some such item, but I’m having a little trouble figuring out in my head where I would secure this Bungie net. This is because of the back of that cabinet is the sloped inside surface of the trailer, hard to secure anything too, Nor would I want to because of potential damage to the surface. I don’t think it’s intended to attach anything to it.. So I’m puzzling this out in my head.
drjenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 07:17 PM   #7
Tin

Trailer: 2017 5.0TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by drjenk View Post
I was thinking a shelf, but I do want to maintain a portion of the upper cabinet for taller items, which means it would only be partially shelved. This brings up the problem of then keeping the items on the shelf in place during travel. Have any of you put a shelf in this upper cabinet, and then how did you secure the things on the shelf? I’m thinking maybe a bungee net or some such item, but I’m having a little trouble figuring out in my head where I would secure this Bungie net. This is because of the back of that cabinet is the sloped inside surface of the trailer, hard to secure anything too, Nor would I want to because of potential damage to the surface. I don’t think it’s intended to attach anything to it.. So I’m puzzling this out in my head.
LOL, once you have your trailer it will all fall together.
Maybe these pics will help you visualize the space.
Tin.
Attached Thumbnails
1.jpg   2.jpg   3.jpg   4.jpg   5.jpg  

Tin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 08:36 PM   #8

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21, 2014 Northern Lite slide in, 2014 2500 Duramax
Tin
Great idea on the paper towel holder
How about a lead on the type you used?
TZBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 09:49 PM   #9
Tin