Mods #1 and #2, Bathroom Shower faucet and mat - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-12-2020, 09:27 AM   #1

Trailer: 2020 Escape 21, 1977 Scamp 13
Mods #1 and #2, Bathroom Shower faucet and mat

We ordered our new 21 without a bathroom sink, since we never used it and the sink takes up a lot of room in the "shower" space. Had ETI terminate the supply lines just above the ledge and then I built a cedar "counter" for the faucet to mount to (and hide the plumbing). An afternoon spent in the wood shop is always a good thing...

Also built a cedar mat to cover the shower floor. We did this in our old trailer and we were amazed at how quickly the cedar dried, allowing you to use the toilet without getting your feet wet.

First 2 mods down, 98 to go!
Attached Thumbnails
Bathroom Counter in 21.jpg   Shower Mat in 21.jpg  
tburt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 12:51 PM   #2

Trailer: 2020 Esacpe 19'(Hillbilly Heaven) ETI best named trailer of the year
Quote:
Originally Posted by tburt View Post
We ordered our new 21 without a bathroom sink, since we never used it and the sink takes up a lot of room in the "shower" space. Had ETI terminate the supply lines just above the ledge and then I built a cedar "counter" for the faucet to mount to (and hide the plumbing). An afternoon spent in the wood shop is always a good thing...

Also built a cedar mat to cover the shower floor. We did this in our old trailer and we were amazed at how quickly the cedar dried, allowing you to use the toilet without getting your feet wet.

First 2 mods down, 98 to go!

Looks good!! you got it home. congratulations!! you do nice wood work.
NEWYORKHILLBILLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 02:17 PM   #3

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
You need a wooden bowl sink.........
Old 06-12-2020, 05:54 PM   #4

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19' and 2016 GMC Yukon SLT SUV.
Send a message via AIM to Tonny LR
hello tburt,
I am admiring your cedar mat and would like to make one. Would please share what kind of cedar and the specific length of cedar that I need to get to make a cedar mat. Thanks.

Tonny LR
Tonny LR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 07:32 PM   #5

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21
Nice woodwork clearly, but where do you wash your hands if you have had a serious movement and you have guests in your trailer?
sprinkledavid@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 09:20 PM   #6

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprinkledavid@gmail.com View Post
but where do you wash your hands if you have had a serious movement and you have guests in your trailer?
Oh boy, let's not open up that discussion that we've had before. Lot's of opinions on that. From my point of view, if you don't have a bathroom sink, don't invite me over for dinner.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 09:56 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonny LR View Post
hello tburt,
I am admiring your cedar mat and would like to make one. Would please share what kind of cedar and the specific length of cedar that I need to get to make a cedar mat. Thanks.

Tonny LR
I purchased an 8 foot length of 1 inch x 8 inch cedar board from Lowes ($20). Sawed up the cedar into 1 inch wide strips for the main sections and 3/4 inch sections for the dividers. Rounded over all of the edges with the router and drilled them all. Rubbed all of the wood with teak oil to further waterproof it and tied them together with some elastic shock cord. If you want to take the mat out, you can roll it up. I believe the final dimensions were 23 inches by 20 inches.
Old 06-12-2020, 09:57 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprinkledavid@gmail.com View Post
Nice woodwork clearly, but where do you wash your hands if you have had a serious movement and you have guests in your trailer?
The faucet is still there if needed.
Old 06-13-2020, 09:52 AM   #9

Trailer: 2018 Escape 17A double dinette
That is beautiful! I have always wished I could work with wood like that. At the state fair in Sacramento there is (or used to be) an exhibition of things high-schoolers have made in wood, metal, etc shop. There were always amazing things, so beautiful.
Old 06-13-2020, 01:15 PM   #10

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19' and 2016 GMC Yukon SLT SUV.
Send a message via AIM to Tonny LR
Quote:
Originally Posted by tburt View Post
I purchased an 8 foot length of 1 inch x 8 inch cedar board from Lowes ($20). Sawed up the cedar into 1 inch wide strips for the main sections and 3/4 inch sections for the dividers. Rounded over all of the edges with the router and drilled them all. Rubbed all of the wood with teak oil to further waterproof it and tied them together with some elastic shock cord. If you want to take the mat out, you can roll it up. I believe the final dimensions were 23 inches by 20 inches.
Hi thurt,
Thank you for the instructions.

Tonny LR
Tonny LR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2020, 03:52 PM   #11

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I have always bought mine pre-made,here is one that should fit https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079K3B3ZY...dDbGljaz10cnVl
Attached Thumbnails
61JFCAm6zbL._AC_SL1000_.jpg