Mods to Chasing Trials - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-16-2022, 07:37 PM   #1

Trailer: 2013 E19
Mods to Chasing Trials

I finally have some Mods done. I kinda started too many at once. Then left my wood glue out for that one cold day & it froze. Had JUST been out all day shopping the day before!

1st Photo: Is I did put down the inner locking foam tiles, everywhere. They are a heavy brand, that I had picked up from the Goodwill Outlet place(you pay be weight!). I used the blue, on floor, & yellow under the bed (Light color). It is down on the bottom of benches, in the cabs under Frig. Photo shows the pull out for pots & pans & dog space on the right.

2nd Photo: Is The pullout & shelving in "Kitchen" cabs(one hanging on the right door to swing out). I put in lots of pullouts for a person with a bad back.

3rd Photo: Is the right side raised bench finished!, with bigger door (set high, with a piece on the bottom that swings out with the door(can see it on the bottom 1st photo of bench). Another pull out, to hold large/tall dogfood bins.

Still working on the table area, as I need to build something on the back wall, before I put the table back up.
Attached Thumbnails
Flooring, Pullout & dog space..jpg   1st pull out, & shelves..jpg   Raised Dining4.jpg   Raised Dining3a.jpg  
Chasing Trials is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2022, 07:46 PM   #2

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19 Chevy 2012 Express 3500 Van
Mod Mad

It is fun to start messing with things, and it looks like you're doing a swell job of it all.
Enjoy.
HABBERDABBER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2022, 09:23 PM   #3

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2022, 08:53 AM   #4

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
" I put in lots of pullouts for a person with a bad back."
This explains why......
Old 03-18-2022, 02:26 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
" I put in lots of pullouts for a person with a bad back."
This explains why......

I guess I should bad knees & a hip too!
Old 03-18-2022, 08:09 PM   #6

Trailer: 2021 21NE
Nice mods!
kathytony1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2022, 08:45 PM   #7

Trailer: 2020 Escape 17B "Voyager"
When you say dog space is that for the dog? Small dogs?
Bobbie54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2022, 10:37 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbie54 View Post
When you say dog space is that for the dog? Small dogs?

Yes, on the smaller side. I have a 35# female that can use it. I'm also raising the dinning area & changing out the double table legs to one in the back. Giving me a 2nd spot for one maybe 2. They are at my feet under a desk, so it makes sense. Just trying to keep that center area clear, while cooking. I have 2 who are crate lovers, go in open crates to sleep.
Attached Thumbnails
Dog space1.jpg  
Old 03-19-2022, 01:53 PM   #9

I am pondering how to set up containment for my Cardi pup who is 10 months old and already 35 lbs. It's only for when I leave him in the trailer (he would be on the counters) so may figure out where to keep his smaller crate and build a shelf over it (thinking bathroom end of the small dinette.) I kept the large dinette build but use it as a full time bed so that space under it is available, too, but my girl likes to hide there. So about all I've modified so far for them is to remove a door for a water dish under the sink, and I built a narrow ramp for the bed. The 17b doesn't have a lot of customizable space.
Old 03-19-2022, 02:35 PM   #10

Cardi as in Cardigan? He should fit under the bed(block area off with like 1/4=1/2 plywood), & put a hinged piece of wire crate on the front. That you could lock shut. That what I did to my old Rialta dog show mobile. I had the bed always set up, & used the space in-between the folded down seats.
Old 03-19-2022, 02:48 PM   #11

He would fit, but he doesn't like that space and Sadie does, plus the ramp is in the way of a door (though I could make a narrower door, I guess. I had one of my former dogs who used the space under a different trailer bed as her retreat attack another of mys dog when she was in a fear state and found him there, so better not to give her space away to Buzz. (She hides if she hears thunder or gunshots or fireworks.) I had Escape move the converter box in the 17b to the front because dogs under the dinette kept turning off the power and I had to crawl under the bed (in the 15) to fix it.
Old 03-19-2022, 05:22 PM   #12

Ah yes, it is better to work with what the dog tends to want to do. Post a photo of both ends, so I can see......... As yes, I "dress up" my crates into furniture in the house. The "tightness" of a 17b & having 2=3 full sized aussies, & the double axles(all my horsetrailers were double axles), was the reasons I bit the bullet & went with the E19. It also depends on how much "damage" you want to do too. As some people are afraid of a screw hole! I plan on keeping mine for years, SO I'll do stuff to it.
Attached Thumbnails
Dogcrate.jpg  
Old 03-30-2022, 09:37 PM   #13

Raising dinning Table done.

I finally finished raising the dinning table area for storage & changing out the double legs to one in the back, for a dog area. I had to get the map /paperwork bin done, to finish the single leg & did put the old table top back up. But a new lower piece to the slider part. A much denser/stiffer 1/2" plywood. Also picked up my new Aussie puppy. Call name "Fog", to go with Splash & Breeze. I also split the lid on both benches, & will have 2 cushions, as to not have to lift the whole bottom.
Attached Thumbnails
030.JPG   Raised Dining5.jpg  
Old 03-31-2022, 09:13 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chasing Trials View Post
Ah yes, it is better to work with what the dog tends to want to do. Post a photo of both ends, so I can see......... As yes, I "dress up" my crates into furniture in the house. The "tightness" of a 17b & having 2=3 full sized aussies, & the double axles(all my horsetrailers were double axles), was the reasons I bit the bullet & went with the E19. It also depends on how much "damage" you want to do too. As some people are afraid of a screw hole! I plan on keeping mine for years, SO I'll do stuff to it.
Both my living room crates are furniture-type. I've thought of raising the dinette seats so that the crate will fit under the lowered table board (using that as a bench, not a table), Ruffland Medium, but hopefully will not have to crate Buzz forever when I'm out. The crate fits neatly behind the bathroom on the seat, still leaves room for me to sit or a visitor to sit and I can put stuff around and on top of it.
Attached Thumbnails
Buzz window trailer.jpg  
Old 04-01-2022, 08:49 PM   #15

My changing out a Queen sized bed to full in my E19.

I decided after looking at wiring under benches while doing the dining area lift. Everything in my Classic E19 is tight Tight, no give. Add I just don't "bend" like I used to, to contort myself, to work in tight spaces. So the shrinking of the whole bed area to a full was out.

So I shrank just the top, where the mattress is. I bought a new foam mattress(lighter weight too). Then built cabinets for storage, mostly bedding & "off season" things.

Everything is screwed in place with corner brackets. So it all can come out easily for resale back to a Queen. Most of the Plywood pieces are all the sides of a new, but never used cabinet I thought I might use in the garage(Restore find). It was one of those screw together cabinets, but all plywood. Top is was a long 3/4" oak plywood piece from Restore. & the cute "cages" (to hold things on the road)to top is pieces from a tall skinny shelf(maybe for CDs?), taken apart. I don't watch TV, except for DVDS & still listen to CDs, as I like Jazz, so they fit in the cages. I used Stainless Steel piano hinges, from here. Cut to your length & great price. So you only pay for what you need. https://www.boatoutfitters.com/1-1-16-wide-stainless... Still some staining & sealing & odds & ends to do.
Attached Thumbnails
Bed area1.jpg   Bed area2.jpg   Bed area5.jpg   Bed area4.jpg  
Old 04-01-2022, 09:25 PM   #16

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19 Chevy 2012 Express 3500 Van
Nice work and customization

You must be travelling solo with your bed size reduction. And prudent to make things so you can go back to stock. It looks slick.
Bravo!
HABBERDABBER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2022, 09:48 PM   #17

Very nice. I was going to go to twin-size in the 17b but it didn't occur to me to do it that way. Now I wish I could convert full to queen!
Old 04-02-2022, 07:15 AM   #18

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Very nice customization.......