Mods to our Escape 19 - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login

Old 11-06-2017, 04:19 PM   #21

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox hunt View Post
i have a 5.0 so its above the sink towards the door a bit in your face but very convenient. not sure i like it but will live with it a while.
The first time that you have goopy hands and can reach in and grab a piece of paper towel you'll like it more.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 06:46 PM   #22
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
The first time that you have goopy hands and can reach in and grab a piece of paper towel you'll like it more.

Ron
Old 11-09-2017, 09:06 PM   #23

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by yardsale View Post
I would be concerned that the location of your towel holder is a fire hazard, over the burners as it is. We mounted ours (same holder btw, works great) over the solar panel gauges on the 17b.
After using it on our current trip to the Southwest I do not think it is a concern. We rotates the cooktop 90 degrees so the roll is not over the burners. Also, the Kamenstein unit does not let the paper unroll.

We really like it in this position.
Old 11-09-2017, 09:24 PM   #24

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21
On to more updates.
One of our issues was the difficulty in getting at the storage under the front seat of our U-shaped dinette. The back rest cushion is full width of the trailer and sits on top of the full width seat cushion. This is just too much cushion to deal with.
Our solution was to hang the back rest cushion from the trailer so it doesn't sit on the seat cushion. This permits the seat cushion to just be tilted up to access the storage trap doors.
The issue is how to hang the back rest. The only wood blocking are small pieces of 1x3 glassed into the corners to attached the corner trim pieces.
However, it can be done. Using some 6" corner angle pieces, bent to match the trailer curve, it was possible to mount two studs that could support the back rest. On the back cushion I drilled out some of the wood backing and mounted plates with a keyhole that lined up with the studs on the angle brackets.
With this I could hang the back rest of the U-shaped dinette and not have it interfere with moving or tilting the seat rest. It seems to work as planned. At least my wife is happy.
Attached Thumbnails
Bracket.jpg   Hanger.jpg   Bolster.jpg