New axle installed - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-29-2020, 05:30 PM   #1

Trailer: 2024 Bigfoot 21 Rear Bed
New axle installed

We had a bent Dexter axle and without claiming responsibility Dexter sent us a new axle, freight included to the company of our choice to install. We noticed our factory "China bombs", the Rainer tires were looking pretty thin about the 4th of July. As we looked closer the passenger side rear axle tire was worn to almost the belts on the inside, the driver's side was also worn on the inside but not nearly as badly. Tires on the front axle were worn evenly to the wear marks. We have our bearings packed, brakes adjusted, and races inspected every 5000 miles. Our trailer was 18 months old with 18,000 miles on it in July. We check our tire pressure everyday we tow and keep the pressure at 50 psi. We notified Escape, and my least favorite parts guy told me we need to pack our wheel bearings. I wrote back we had packed them 3 times in the 18,000 miles. He gave me Dexter's address for claims. Basically, Escape does nothing, Dexter's claims form is easily found on line. Don't bother Dustin.

Dexter was somewhat fast at responding. We provided them with pictures of the tires front and back, side to side, pictures of both axles with serial numbers showing, date of purchase of our Escape, miles towed, and how many times we had packed the bearings. While we have receipts for packing bearings, dates, and a mileage log we did not provide that info. We turned in our claim 3rd week in July, a week later we received a notice that our claim was sent to a processer, and they were really busy. Nada. At the end of August i called and asked what is happening? Apparently, they had approved our claim just days after the correspondance about our claim was being processed. The adjuster promised us a new axle in 3 weeks, and then shipping.

The axle arrived Friday, was installed yesterday and we have a straight axle again. Dexter did not pay for installation. But for the $180 that we paid the new axle was installed, bearings packed, brakes adjusted, and races checked on both axles.

Compliments to Dexter standing behind their products.
Old 09-29-2020, 05:36 PM   #2

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upfisk View Post
We had a bent Dexter axle and without claiming responsibility Dexter sent us a new axle, freight included to the company of our choice to install. We noticed our factory "China bombs", the Rainer tires were looking pretty thin about the 4th of July. As we looked closer the passenger side rear axle tire was worn to almost the belts on the inside, the driver's side was also worn on the inside but not nearly as badly. Tires on the front axle were worn evenly to the wear marks. We have our bearings packed, brakes adjusted, and races inspected every 5000 miles. Our trailer was 18 months old with 18,000 miles on it in July. We check our tire pressure everyday we tow and keep the pressure at 50 psi. We notified Escape, and my least favorite parts guy told me we need to pack our wheel bearings. I wrote back we had packed them 3 times in the 18,000 miles. He gave me Dexter's address for claims. Basically, Escape does nothing, Dexter's claims form is easily found on line. Don't bother Dustin.

Dexter was somewhat fast at responding. We provided them with pictures of the tires front and back, side to side, pictures of both axles with serial numbers showing, date of purchase of our Escape, miles towed, and how many times we had packed the bearings. While we have receipts for packing bearings, dates, and a mileage log we did not provide that info. We turned in our claim 3rd week in July, a week later we received a notice that our claim was sent to a processer, and they were really busy. Nada. At the end of August i called and asked what is happening? Apparently, they had approved our claim just days after the correspondance about our claim was being processed. The asjuster promised us a new axle in 3 weeks, and then shipping.

The axle arrived Friday, was installed yesterday and we have a straight axle again. Dexter did not pay for installation. But for the $180 that we paid the new axle was installed, bearings packed, brakes adjusted, and races checked on both axles.

Compliments to Dexter standing behind their products.
Second time I have heard Dexter standing behind their warranty in this last week ! Excellent for Dexter ! Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 06:39 PM   #3

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upfisk View Post
We had a bent Dexter axle and without claiming responsibility Dexter sent us a new axle, freight included to the company of our choice to install. We noticed our factory "China bombs", the Rainer tires were looking pretty thin

Do you also use the "N" word?