Nuova Mapa telescoping table leg and slider - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login

Old 02-22-2019, 05:11 PM   #1

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Nuova Mapa telescoping table leg and slider

Hi everyone, just installed my Nuova Mapa telescoping table leg and slider (Product SKU 400-02600). I gotta say, it's pretty sweet!

I found these on-line several months ago, but unfortunately, they're usually their only available in Austrailia (maybe Europe?). I tried purchasing from some of the major Austrailian "caravan" dealers, but none would ship to the U.S. I also contacted the Italian manufacturer Nuova Mapa, but they replied they don't currently have any North American dealers.

Anyway, forgot about it for awhile until a few weeks ago I stumbled on to a dealer in Austrailia who had one left in stock. He said he doesn't usually ship stateside, but would do it for me. So after spending $370 USD ($287 USD for the complete table leg and sliding system, plus $83 shipping) -- it arrived at my house about a week later!

The pedestal's minimum height is 330mm (13.0") and max is 710mm (28.0").

The pedestal locks in at the max and min heights, you can't have it at an arbitrary height like with the Springfield. The max table height is always 28.0" and you can set the min height from 330mm (13.0") to 410mm (16.1"). I set mine at 375mm (14.75") for the table down position.

To lower the table, step on the button on the floor to release the lock. Once you press the button, you need to push down on the table to lower it until it locks into the down position. To raise the table, press the button and the table will raise by itself until it "clicks" into the top position.

No worries about accidentally kicking or stepping on the button while your sitting at the table, it feels more like a lever and you need to press pretty hard for it to release.

The built in slider moves in all 4 directions, and it rotates 360 degrees!
The slide bracket is 710mm (28.0") x 440mm (17.3"). From center, the table will slide 100mm (3.9") to the left and 100mm to the right, and 200mm (7.8") to the back and 200mm to the front.

To give a little more room for people getting in and out on the passenger side, I intentionally installed the table top 1.5" off center so that the table top will be 5.4" to the right when the slider is fully extended 3.9" to the right. I wish it had a few more inches side to side movement, but it's adequate to get in and out of the passenger seat. I thought about turning the slider 90 degrees and mounting it sideways for lots of side-to-side movement, but if you do that, the slide's brackets are closer to your legs when your sitting.

The slider lock works kind of like a bicycle brake. You squeeze the handle and the rubber "brake pads" retract from the table and you can then slide and rotate.
When you release the handle, the pads push back into the table and hold it in place.

I'll give an update after trying it during our next trip.

Here's a video about it:
Attached Thumbnails
1 - Copy.jpg   3 - Copy.jpg   4 - Copy.jpg   2 - Copya.jpg  
goalie39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 06:06 PM   #2

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
That looks great...I think there would be a real market for it in North America.

https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8...ape-12918.html
Eggscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 06:43 PM   #3

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19' and 2016 GMC Yukon SLT SUV.
Send a message via AIM to Tonny LR
It is a real nice table leg and slider. I would like to buy one when it is imported in the future.

Tonny LR
Tonny LR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 08:55 AM   #4

That looks like a nice setup. Nice that you were able to buy it as an assembly. It appears functionally equivalent to a Springfield pedestal with a Dicor slide.
Old 02-23-2019, 10:08 AM   #5

Hi goalie39,
I have a question for you. The Springfield pedestal model 1660230, which is 12-3/4" high when placed in the low position. This is the model required for the height of ETI's benches. Since Nuova Mapa Telescope Table leg has a minimun height of 13", which is a quarter inch higher than the ETI's bench support, are you able to make a bench bed with good strong suppoet when lowering the the table leg to the lowerest position. Thanks.

Tonny LR
Old 02-24-2019, 05:47 PM   #6

Hi Tonny,

I think with the Springfield you need to also add on the height of any slider mechanism to get the table height. With the Nuova Mapa, the top of the slider is the same as the top of the pedestal.

What ultimately matters is the size of the rails the table sits on when down. On my trailer, they are about 14 5/8", so I needed to raise the Nuova Mapa from it's default down position of 13" to 14.75"
Old 02-24-2019, 06:27 PM   #7

Hi goalie39,
Thank you for your responce. I have connections in UK, France and Rome, Italy. I will try to find a dealship in Europe. Thank you for sharing your finding of Nuova Mapa table stand and slider.

Tonny LR
Old 03-05-2019, 04:03 PM   #8

I am interested in buying Nuova Mapa telescoping table leg and slider made in Italy.
I searched the web and found the webside as listed below:
https://nuovamapa.com/en/products.asp
https://nuovamapa.com/download/catal...-mapa-2019.pdf
Catalogo, Pages 74 – 85 for table stand/support and slider/shifter
The manufacturer is willing to sell you direct and give you a quote related to your shipping address. I got this info via their Email. You can contact the manufacturer :
Nuova Mapa Srl
Via Del Palazzino 11 - 40051 Altedo Bologna - Italy-

office timetables 8.30-12.30 e 14.00-18.00

tel. +39 051 875842 - fax +39 051 6608130
e-mail sales@nuovamapa.com

Tonny LR
Old 03-05-2019, 04:16 PM   #9

This is the Email reply:
Good morning,
in reference to Your inquiry, with the presente we inform that we produce accessories for motorhomes for manufacturers of motorhomes.
This item code 400-02600 is for our customer in Australia.This item is not available in stock.
We sell our accessories to manufacturers of motorhomes, not to dealers.
You could order our similar item manual telescopic table leg + turnable sliding system by us and informing us where You live sending Your address, then we have pleasure to send You by mail our offer and sale's conditions as final user and production time.
Thanking You, kind regards.
EXPORT DEPARTMENT
Gloria Bagnoli

NUOVA MAPA S.R.L.
VIA DEL PALAZZINO NR. 11
40051 ALTEDO (BOLOGNA)
ITALY
TEL. 0039/051/875842
FAX 0039/051/6608130
e-mail sales@nuovamapa.com
Old 08-13-2020, 11:20 PM   #10

Trailer: Mitsubishi Homebuilt
Nuova Mapa pedestal

Hi goalie39,
I have the same problem from NZ.
Can you please advise who you found to be interested in supplying the item, as I'm getting no joy from those who advertise them for sale.
Thanks in anticipation...
AsiaRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 01:26 PM   #11

Trailer: 2009 Keystone Outback Loft
That's awesome. If you don't mind me asking who was the rv shop that sent it to the USA for you? Its still not available in the US and there is nothing close to it that I can find.
msondgroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 08:27 AM   #12

Trailer: NA
Hoping to bring this back up. Extremely interested in this table system! It does everything I need it to do and cheaper than the Springfield.
LoneWolf04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 04:45 PM   #13

Tried to order from rvparts.co.nz as their site let you ship to a US address. After a week of no contact I sent an email and got a response back saying that it would be $400 to ship to the USA and I had to cancel the order on my credit card. Pretty ridiculous response.

Still on the hunt.
Old 03-01-2021, 09:30 AM   #14

FOUND IT!

After striking out at all options overseas (Australia and New Zeeland) and making my way DEEP into google search results, I have found 1 company that has the Nuova Mapa table within the United States on their website. And it was even in stock! It is Elwell Corp out of Washington. It took a couple months of calling to get a call back from their sales rep, calling every other week, but finally got through. Table was $450 and $100 to ship to Michigan. It is on its way!

If anyone else is looking for this specific table for its great features that no other manufacturer is providing, this is it! Just wanted to update the thread that it can be found in the States.
Old 03-01-2021, 09:52 AM   #15

I am very pleased for you to have it shipped already. Please let us know when you receive the table stand and slider. Thank you!

Tonny LR
Old 03-01-2021, 10:01 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolf04 View Post
FOUND IT!

After striking out at all options overseas (Australia and New Zeeland) and making my way DEEP into google search results, I have found 1 company that has the Nuova Mapa table within the United States on their website. And it was even in stock! It is Elwell Corp out of Washington. It took a couple months of calling to get a call back from their sales rep, calling every other week, but finally got through. Table was $450 and $100 to ship to Michigan. It is on its way!

If anyone else is looking for this specific table for its great features that no other manufacturer is providing, this is it! Just wanted to update the thread that it can be found in the States.
Nice sleuthing. Link to product for convenience...
https://elwellcorp.com/product/manual-table-bases/
Old 03-01-2021, 04:37 PM   #17

Great find!
I've been able to take several trips with mine now, and love it.
Every night we convert the table to a bed, and this makes it so much easier.
It's been solid, no problems. One minor issue - when the table is in the down position, I can't reach the release button with my foot. So I need to get on hands and knees and reach in with something like a hiking boot to press down hard on the release button. Not a big deal really, just awkward.
Old 03-01-2021, 09:01 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by goalie39 View Post
Great find!
I've been able to take several trips with mine now, and love it.
Every night we convert the table to a bed, and this makes it so much easier.
It's been solid, no problems. One minor issue - when the table is in the down position, I can't reach the release button with my foot. So I need to get on hands and knees and reach in with something like a hiking boot to press down hard on the release button. Not a big deal really, just awkward.
Thanks for the feedback on the button. Going to make sure it’s facing out from the dinette and see about positioning to make it easier to reach. In my camper I will be converting the bed to table and back every day, so ease of use was high on my list when searching for this mount.
Old 03-10-2021, 07:57 AM   #19

Received the table last week. Came really fast and packed well. One thing I did not pay attention to on Elwell corps site was the max height of this table is 30", unlike most of the other tables listed are 710mm, or 28". I will have to modify the base to get the unit 2" lower. After researching some more, it appears Nuova is offering different height locking positions on their newer tables. I believe I know how they are doing this by watching the mechanism work lower and raising and seeing how it locks. I believe they are adding another notch into the lower bar. I will post pics of the modification because 30" plus my 1" table top is way too tall at 31".
Old 03-10-2021, 07:39 PM   #20

Success! I was able to modify the table stop so I now have 2 stopping locations, one that will put my table at 27.5" and then full up from the manufacturer at 30". Mind you, I have a 1" table top, so this new location will put the table top at 28.5", which is what my previous table with scissor legs had.

I measured the initial slot for the table stop and then marked if off 2.5" lower and recreated the hole with a drill and then cut the rest of the opening with a dremel cutoff wheel. This is the lowest bar of the 3. The one that has the foot button attached.

Once that opening was made, I kept slowly taking out material that interfered with the operation of the table lock system. I was constantly reassembling and disassembling to take out material and check the bars interacting with each other for interference since they pivot. I had to modify the lower and mid locking bars in order to achieve this new locking position to prevent any interference.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_8410.jpg   IMG_8414.jpg