Ordering Lippert 4-Way Slider (DICOR) - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-05-2019, 05:39 AM   #1

Trailer: 2014 21' Escape
Ordering Lippert 4-Way Slider (DICOR)

Hello All,
I just went through the PM's I received from those of you that want a Dicor slide. and counting myself I have 21 I think. TDF Texas I need to verify if you want one if so then yes I have the 21 that Donna had said . I plan to respond back to each of you.
Here is what I've decided to do, I felt comfortable buying an Escape because of the members of this forum, yes they make an excellent travel trailer but I know the wonderful, knowledgeable members on this forum are more then willing to help anyone on it. Now they might not all agree on everything but still know anything I needed help with I would just have to ask.
That being said I'm going to order these without asking for any upfront money from anyone, I'm even going to go out on a small limb and order 30 because I'm sure there will be future Escape owners that would like one once they find out about it.

I already sent an email letting him know how many I want to order and what I need to do to get the ball rolling. Will keep everyone updated and Donna THANKS again for your help with this.

Enjoy the journey.

Steve
stratos175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 05:53 AM   #2
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
You're welcome Steve. I just changed the title of this thread to match the Poll title. I hope that helps with Search
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 08:11 AM   #3

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by stratos175 View Post
That being said I'm going to order these without asking for any upfront money from anyone, I'm even going to go out on a small limb and order 30 because I'm sure there will be future Escape owners that would like one once they find out about it.
You're a good man Steve. Thanks again for doing this.
Old 02-05-2019, 09:41 AM   #4

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 -- The Skylark. Towed by a 2014 Highlander
Thanks Steve. By the time mine comes, it will be spring in the northland. Can't wait!
Old 02-05-2019, 11:43 PM   #5
Omi

Trailer: 2019 Escape 17B
Running to catch the train

We haven't even picked up our 17B on order and the conversations about the tables, pedestals, etc. have put us on alert that they are the weak link of the Escape features. I sure hope that there will be some future way to access these products that all the knowledgeable owners are pursuing. We've just got to pick up the trailer and spend some time in it to finally get on the train!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratos175 View Post
Hello All,
I just went through the PM's I received from those of you that want a Dicor slide. and counting myself I have 21 I think. TDF Texas I need to verify if you want one if so then yes I have the 21 that Donna had said . I plan to respond back to each of you.
Here is what I've decided to do, I felt comfortable buying an Escape because of the members of this forum, yes they make an excellent travel trailer but I know the wonderful, knowledgeable members on this forum are more then willing to help anyone on it. Now they might not all agree on everything but still know anything I needed help with I would just have to ask.

I already sent an email letting him know how many I want to order and what I need to do to get the ball rolling. Will keep everyone updated and Donna THANKS again for your help with this.

Enjoy the journey.

Steve
Omi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 12:01 AM   #6

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omi View Post
We haven't even picked up our 17B on order and the conversations about the tables, pedestals, etc. have put us on alert that they are the weak link of the Escape features.

You haven't missed a thing. If you had a 19, 21 or 5.0 on order you might have a use for the pedestal and sliders discussed.
The 17B has a two seat dinette at the front and the table slides from side to side to make entry and exit to the bench easier.
You could perhaps use the pedestal and slider at the rear, if you don't mind setting up and putting away your bed on a daily basis. The posts for our rear dinette reside in the rear bench day and night/365. The table remains in the bed position.
If you were to use it as a bed at night and dinette by day, you have to figure out where you are going to store the pillows and bedding during the day. We tried it on one trip.
Old 02-06-2019, 03:35 PM   #7

Trailer: 2017 21' Escape - upgraded version
Thanks, but I already have a Dicor slide.
Old 02-06-2019, 05:30 PM   #8
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
so what exactly is this dicor/lippert 4-way slider ? this is for the rear dinette table on a E21, to replace the side-to-side slider?
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 08:02 PM   #9

Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by John in Santa Cruz View Post
so what exactly is this dicor/lippert 4-way slider ? this is for the rear dinette table on a E21, to replace the side-to-side slider?
Yes, it slides side to side as well as forward and back. Most people that have the 4-way also have the u-shaped dinette on the 19', 21' or 5.0. They also often have the Springfield telescoping base. (The Springfield base allows rotation as well.)

I'm going to try it on a regular full-size table with the Springfield base in my new 5.0. I want to keep the full size table but pull it away from the wall enough to rotate it 90 degrees and push it tight to the wall. Will keep all posted on how that works once I have the trailer and all the parts.
- Bremerton, WA
arniesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 09:19 PM   #10

Trailer: 5.0 ta
It would be great if someone going to The Osoyoos rally could have one to show everyone
GimliGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 11:22 PM   #11
Site Team

So, these fancy lift pillars, what model/make, and how much do they cost? When I googled them, I kept finding these $$$$$$ high end luxo yacht outfitters...
Old 02-07-2019, 08:59 AM   #12

Quote:
So, these fancy lift pillars, what model/make, and how much do they cost? When I googled them, I kept finding these $$$$$$ high end luxo yacht outfitters...
Many have used the Springfield 1660230 because it lowers down to 12-3/4" which is sufficient to make the dinette table into a bed. These are a marine item and are very well made...and yes a bit pricey. Some wait for a 20% discount code on Overton's but I don't see this particular model on their site right now. Lebroc is probably your best bet.

https://www.llebroc.com/product-p/spr-1660230.htm
Old 02-07-2019, 09:41 AM   #13

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21
Dicor slider dimensions

Where can I obtain the specs for the Dicor 4 way slider...does it have the same sliding travel distance as the Escape plastic slider at least in one direction?
sprinkledavid@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 10:39 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprinkledavid@gmail.com View Post
Where can I obtain the specs for the Dicor 4 way slider...does it have the same sliding travel distance as the Escape plastic slider at least in one direction?
No good information online. Maybe someone that has the Dicor can measure and give us an idea of the distance it will slide in either direction. I have been told it slides more side-to-side than the stock plastic slider.
Old 02-07-2019, 11:43 AM   #15
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon327 View Post
Many have used the Springfield 1660230 because it lowers down to 12-3/4" which is sufficient to make the dinette table into a bed. These are a marine item and are very well made...and yes a bit pricey. Some wait for a 20% discount code on Overton's but I don't see this particular model on their site right now. Lebroc is probably your best bet.

https://www.llebroc.com/product-p/spr-1660230.htm
hmm, those have a 12-28" range per at least one site... my table is 32" high, 28 seems too low. at bed height, the table bottom is 17" but I guess the slider assembly takes some vertical space, plus you use a board to mount it on...
Old 02-07-2019, 12:24 PM   #16

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
I had to build up the Springfield to bring the table height up to normal, think I have a pair of 3/4 squares on to pf the standard Springfield mounting plate, plus the plastic ETI slide. If you want the exact makeup let me know and I'll wade through the mud and take a picture.
Old 02-07-2019, 02:27 PM   #17

Quote:
hmm, those have a 12-28" range per at least one site... my table is 32" high, 28 seems too low. at bed height, the table bottom is 17" but I guess the slider assembly takes some vertical space, plus you use a board to mount it on...
Mine is sitting in a box downstairs waiting for my trailer to be built. I just measured it. In the low setting it is 13" high. When fully extended it is 28-1/8" high.

We would need someone who already has the 4-way slide installed to measure the thickness of the slide. Looking at past pictures it appears to me about 1.5 inches but that is really just a wild guess.

(I think all the Escape owners with the current units are at Quartzite!)
- Bremerton, WA
Old 02-07-2019, 02:57 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by arniesea View Post
Mine is sitting in a box downstairs waiting for my trailer to be built. I just measured it. In the low setting it is 13" high. When fully extended it is 28-1/8" high.

We would need someone who already has the 4-way slide installed to measure the thickness of the slide. Looking at past pictures it appears to me about 1.5 inches but that is really just a wild guess.
The slide thickness doesn't count towards the overall height if you mount it up inside like several have done. Nevertheless, I don't see the issue because a standard table is 28-30" from floor to table surface. With just the standard Springfield pedestal and the thickness of the table you are right there.
Attached Thumbnails
springfield with dicor slide.jpg  
Old 02-07-2019, 04:30 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon327 View Post
The slide thickness doesn't count towards the overall height if you mount it up inside like several have done. Nevertheless, I don't see the issue because a standard table is 28-30" from floor to table surface. With just the standard Springfield pedestal and the thickness of the table you are right there.
Dave, Thanks for the picture! I had not seen the Springfield / Dicor combo used on a full size table yet. If you rotate it 90 Degrees and push it toward the wall, does it have enough travel to go up tight to the wall? or is there a bit of a gap?

I was also worried about the weight of a full size table but that looks clearly robust enough! Thanks again for the picture!
- Bremerton, WA
Old 02-07-2019, 09:52 PM   #20

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by GimliGuy View Post
It would be great if someone going to The Osoyoos rally could have one to show everyone
As mentioned on another thread on the topic, mine will be there. Have had it for 3 years now.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is online now   Reply With Quote