Organizational items from RV Widget Works - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login

Old 01-06-2017, 10:09 AM   #21

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom and susan View Post
Thanks Laura, The waiting is hard. As the excitement builds, you want to get everything you might need right away. I don't know that anyone else will post as many measurements for the 5.0ta as you did for the 2017 21 (LOL)! I'll stay tuned.
HA! I made the glib assessment that I had practically everything we needed/wanted for the trailer before we got it. Yeah, right. Started spending time in it (granted, only in the driveway, but it's still time spent in it) and discovered there's yet more stuff that needs to be wadded in there.

(And yes, I'm well aware of taking too much stuff, so no need for those types of comments. )

Hey Susan, I think YOU just volunteered in a round-about way to take measurements when you get your trailer.

But yeah, I don't have any plans to head to ETI to take measurements and photos of the 2nd Gen 5.0TA. That torch needs to be passed to someone else.
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 11:53 AM   #22

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Just FYI. Got this info in an email this morning.
Stackable Light-Duty Storage Bins - Lee Valley Tools
Attached Thumbnails
Screen Shot 2017-01-06 at 9.50.57 AM.jpg  
Old 01-06-2017, 02:23 PM   #23

Trailer: 2017 Escape21. Pick up date May,2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Cat Owner View Post
HA! I made the glib assessment that I had practically everything we needed/wanted for the trailer before we got it. Yeah, right. Started spending time in it (granted, only in the driveway, but it's still time spent in it) and discovered there's yet more stuff that needs to be wadded in there.

(And yes, I'm well aware of taking too much stuff, so no need for those types of comments. )

Hey Susan, I think YOU just volunteered in a round-about way to take measurements when you get your trailer.

But yeah, I don't have any plans to head to ETI to take measurements and photos of the 2nd Gen 5.0TA. That torch needs to be passed to someone else.
Im in the gathering phase. What did you forget that i need to think about gettting?
Ginger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 02:36 PM   #24

Go to Amazon. "Select All". "Put in Cart".
Old 01-06-2017, 02:59 PM   #25
Art

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
Go to Amazon. "Select All". "Put in Cart".
OH, I may need your credit card.. ....You're wicked.
Art is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 03:01 PM   #26
Art

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art View Post
OH, I may need your credit card.. ....You're wicked.
That comment was from Ginger, not Art.
Art is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 07:00 PM   #27

Trailer: 5.0 ta 2017 "Pied Beauty"
Finally my password is working. We are not picking up our trailer until April. But, if no one has posted any measurements by then, I'll give it a try. I should have plenty of time to figure out how to post a picture. Susan
tom and susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 09:53 AM   #28

Trailer: 2010 EggCamper (#083); 2017 Escape 21 (#053); 2016 F-150 5.0L FX4
Perfect fit!

I don't know if anyone has already posted about this drawer organizer, but I came across this recently at Wal-Mart for under $10. The metal mesh organizer is composed of three different units that can be re-arrange to be near perfect fits in two drawers in the 21'. One fits the more narrow galley drawer. The other two expand to fit the wider stacked cabinet drawer. The drawer organizers are 2" high, so there is still room for one of Charlie's sliding organizers on top, if you wish. We also picked up a hanging organizer for the closet that looks like it will meet our needs just fine, too. It leaves about 8" at the back of the closet for something like a dirty clothes hamper.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Mainstays...-Tray/21930770
Attached Thumbnails
DSC09199.jpg  
Attached Images

War Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 10:25 AM   #29

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I moved my hanging rod rearward so that my hanging organizer is flush at the rear, thus giving me better use in the front.
Old 02-25-2017, 12:11 PM   #30

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Eagle View Post
I don't know if anyone has already posted about this drawer organizer, but I came across this recently at Wal-Mart for under $10. The metal mesh organizer is composed of three different units that can be re-arrange to be near perfect fits in two drawers in the 21'. One fits the more narrow galley drawer. The other two expand to fit the wider stacked cabinet drawer. The drawer organizers are 2" high, so there is still room for one of Charlie's sliding organizers on top, if you wish.
Thanks! I'll check it out. I've been wondering what to do about the cutlery and this could take care of the problem. And that's great Charlie's drawer insert will fit as I have 3 of them.
Old 02-25-2017, 12:28 PM   #31

I hope Charlie is coming to the rally and bringing inventory.....
Old 02-25-2017, 12:37 PM   #32

Rubbermaid also sells interlocking metal mesh baskets.
It's what I've been using.
Interlocking Mesh Drawer Organizers | Rubbermaid

I can also clip them over the lip on the window frames in my trailer. They also come in plastic.
Attached Thumbnails
Screen Shot 2017-02-25 at 10.30.49 AM.png   Rubbermaid basket 2.jpg   Rubbermaid basket.jpg  
Old 02-25-2017, 03:34 PM   #33

Trailer: April 2016 21' "Ramble On"
Hey WarEagle, where did you get the hanging organizer?
Old 02-25-2017, 03:44 PM   #34

Trailer: 5.0TA 2017
Love my magnetic knife holder helps to have less in the drawer and easy access to knives I will definitely put one in my new trailer too
Fox hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 03:51 PM   #35
Commercial Member

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 - "Felicity"
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
I hope Charlie is coming to the rally and bringing inventory.....
Not this year.....we'll be in Peru (Macchu Pichu) without our trailer.

Need custom storage to your design? Don't drill holes!
www.RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 04:10 PM   #36

Charlie, that would have been a prime locale for your products with a captive audience and you are missing it? Sorry to hear that, maybe you will come East one day.
Old 02-25-2017, 05:10 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Charlie, that would have been a prime locale for your products with a captive audience and you are missing it? Sorry to hear that, maybe you will come East one day.
Border Guard: Why are you coming to Canada with your nifty trailer?

Charlie: To have fun at a fiberglass rally.

BG: Well, I need to search your trailer, sir, so please open it up.

BG: What's with all this stuff with price tags on 'em? This looks like way more than you can use yourself.

C: Um, yeah, about that .....

Now his name is on the poopy person trying to cross the border list and has to declare income and taxes for everything sold at the rally.

Heck if I know how it's really done when you're crossing the border with stuff to sell. I'm just fooling around here.

Charlie, have fun in Peru! Dirk went there a few years ago with his mom and thoroughly enjoyed it.

And there's always the Spring and Fall NOGs and the postal system.
Attached Thumbnails
DSC01607.jpg  
Old 02-25-2017, 08:39 PM   #38

Trailer: 2010 EggCamper (#083); 2017 Escape 21 (#053); 2016 F-150 5.0L FX4
Quote:
Originally Posted by huskersteffy View Post
Hey WarEagle, where did you get the hanging organizer?
I got it on the same trip to Wal-Mart as the drawer organizer, near where clothes hangers and such are located:
https://www.walmart.com/ip/35590275?...&wl13=&veh=sem
Uses heavy-duty velcro straps to go over closet the rail so you don't have to remove the rail. Only 5 of the 6 shelves expand. The sixth one remains collapsed on the bottom of the closet. But that's fine with us. Hope that helps.
War Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 03:47 PM   #39

Trailer: Escape 21' May 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Cat Owner View Post
I've mentioned in another thread somewhere on this forum that Charlie Young (of RV Widget Works) and I have been working on some of his nifty stuff for the new 2nd Gen 21' trailer.

Earlier I had received one of his drawer toppers and liked it so much I ordered two more. I might end up with one more, so there's one in each drawer. I really like 'em! They really make it handy for keeping the little bits sorted and together.

The first two photos show them in the drawers in the cabinet unit at the foot of the bed. These are the same as what he's been making all along as they didn't need any fiddling around with. Like I said, I really like these!

(I'm not taking bets on how long they stay this neat and tidy! )

We've been working on making dividers for the new medicine cabinet, which was something I had asked about and he said "sure". I got 6 of 'em delivered today. They have that really sticky tape on the back (VHB or something - I always want to say VHS, but I don't think that's correct). I've not stuck them in as I'm still trying to decide what I want in there.

Photos 3 and 4 will give you a good idea of how they'll work. I'm thrilled that Charlie came up with these as that was one area I knew would need something to keep everything from flying all over the place and all that. Yeah, I really like how these look.

We've also been going back and forth with templates, measurements, phone calls, emails and what not for the upper cabinet divider. It's almost there! Enough that I feel comfortable posting photos of it. It needs to be shorten up just a smidge as it's a really tight fit in there right now. As in really tight.

Photos 5 and 6 show you what it looks like in the upper kitchen cabinet. As you may recall, the new awning takes away some of the space up there, so Charlie needed a new product for that area. I wasn't really sure if I needed something up there as I'm not done wadding stuff in The Trailer. But I know others want to keep things from flying around.

Photo 7 is of the cabinet in the rear dinette. Amazing how my squishable containers migrated back there! Amazing!

Photo 8 is also in the dinette, but this time the driver's side cabinet. I don't know if those cabinet measurements changed from the previous version. The divider fit very easily in those two cabinets.

All in all, I'm very pleased with what I've received from Charlie. I know they'll make the space I have more organized, which is a HUGE plus for me. I hate stuff looking untidy, although I'm no where near a neat freak. Far from it. I've been pondering the ones for the lower cabinets, but like I said I'm still figuring out what all will get wadded in there, so that's for another day.

Donna - you need to post again the photo of the laundry bin for the 5.0TA's step storage area. I think that is one of the neatest things around. If we had that trailer I'd be ordering one of those in a heartbeat!

And the other best part - you get on a first name basis with your delivery driver and you don't have to go out shopping for stuff that might not fit! Win, win!

These look great! Is anyone bringing any of these to the appreciation rally?
I think that I would like some of those dividers over the kitchen counter and in the medicine cabinet and maybe one of the drawer thinging.
Nancy
The Quilting Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 03:49 PM   #40

Trailer: Escape 21' May 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
Rubbermaid also sells interlocking metal mesh baskets.
It's what I've been using.
Interlocking Mesh Drawer Organizers | Rubbermaid

I can also clip them over the lip on the window frames in my trailer. They also come in plastic.
How do they clip in
The Quilting Lady is offline   Reply With Quote