Orientation Installs.... - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login

Old 12-08-2017, 06:46 AM   #21

Trailer: 2020 Esacpe 19'(Hillbilly Heaven) ETI best named trailer of the year
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
You could also install 3M Command hooks, which can be removed without damage. When you are happy with the locations you've chosen you can install the Umbra.
This makes sense for a starting point , might get some of these to take along at pickup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
These locations will not work in the newer models as things have changed. The newer models have the awning switch located by the door in the o/h as well as kitchen lower sides. So the locations for the hooks have been relocated to other places. Maybe wise to wait until you see your completed unit to determine best location.
Thats good info.might be best to wait and take some 3m ones with me. as you know it took me a year to decide to purchase. now i have that decision behind me , there our tons research to be done before complete my build sheet . I value the site and all that help out.
NEWYORKHILLBILLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 06:57 AM   #22

Trailer: 2018 5.0TA Tundra 1794 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post
No, it's similar, but not the one highlighted. The Springfield Marine 1660230 on the same page. It comes in black or anodized. Has a square top. You want the one that lowers to 12 3/4", not 14 - that is, if you want it to be able to lower all the way into the rails in order to make a bed.
Thank you!!!!

"The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time" JT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TlAD-b7yew
Honair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 07:28 AM   #23

Trailer: Escape #2 On The Way
O

Quote:
These locations will not work in the newer models as things have changed. The newer models have the awning switch located by the door in the o/h as well as kitchen lower sides. So the locations for the hooks have been relocated to other places. Maybe wise to wait until you see your completed unit to determine best location.
We picked our 19 up a few weeks ago and that’s where we place our two sets of 3. They must have relocated the switches back down below. We installed the umbra hooks with the built-in mini shelf in those spots. Will take a pic later today.
Bakes99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 07:41 AM   #24

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by h2owmn View Post
I've been doing some research on table bases so I will watch for the answer, too. I'm having two dinettes in my 17a so theoretically I will need 4 supports. I want to have low profile floor attachments for at least the front, preferably for all four. One dinette will pretty much remain a (partial) bed, and the other will mostly be a table, but it would be nice to have easy up and down especially if the table is heavy. (the one on my chalet weighed 40 lbs!)
This is what we used. Works great.

https://www.pontoonstuff.com/collect...t-lock-leg-kit
Mesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 09:04 AM   #25

Trailer: Getting a 21NE early next year
Wow! $400 for a better table base?!? Never ends eh folks?

And we're looking to buy a 5.0TA after I retire, maybe order in a year or so. We would like to go out to Chilliwack and see the plant, but some of these border stories make one stop and think...

Frank
frank_a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 09:24 AM   #26
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_a View Post
Wow! $400 for a better table base?!?
The Springfield pedestal varies wildly in price from seller to seller. Lately I've seen it as low as $288.
Quote:
We would like to go out to Chilliwack and see the plant, but some of these border stories make one stop and think..
No way I'd let a border story stop me from visiting Escape if I'm a prospective buyer. Crossing the border is usually a quick and relatively easy thing. Sure, you might be subjected to a more thorough check at random, but all we're talking about is an extra 10 or 15 minutes. Who cares?
Old 12-08-2017, 09:31 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post
No way I'd let a border story stop me from visiting Escape if I'm a prospective buyer. Crossing the border is usually a quick and relatively easy thing. Sure, you might be subjected to a more thorough check at random, but all we're talking about is an extra 10 or 15 minutes. Who cares?
I grew up on the Canadian border with lots of relatives in Canada, and when I got older, business trips to Canada as well. I have lots of border stories, some not pretty, and many that took more than 10 or 15 minutes. Having said that, we live in NYS (not near the border anymore!), so in relation to travel distance, you're no doubt correct. I just have way too much experience with these folks. It's the luck of the draw too. Like Forest Gump said, "It's like a box of chocolates, ya never know what yer gonna get."

Frank
Old 12-08-2017, 10:43 AM   #28

Trailer: Escape 21 - Nov 2017 "Harvey"
Quote:
Wow! $400 for a better table base?!? Never ends eh folks?

And we're looking to buy a 5.0TA after I retire, maybe order in a year or so. We would like to go out to Chilliwack and see the plant, but some of these border stories make one stop and think...

Frank

You cannot see the plant. As is stated on their website, no more tours. They do have a showroom with all the models on display, and all the interior options are in at least one of the models.

A video showing the build process is in the works to replace the tours.
jking1224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 10:48 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by jking1224 View Post
You cannot see the plant. As is stated on their website, no more tours. They do have a showroom with all the models on display, and all the interior options are in at least one of the models.

So no more orientation tours?

Frank
Old 12-08-2017, 10:52 AM   #30

Trailer: Escape 21 - Nov 2017 "Harvey"
Quote:
So no more orientation tours?

Frank

You get “orientation” when you take delivery of your trailer, assuming you go there and not have it delivered to your home.

The orientation does not include a “tour”. Orientation is done in an indoor bay, your trailer is set up in a clean environment. While a staff member shows you the details of your new trailer, a different staff member goes about setting up your hitch, installing Umbra hooks, etc.

The explaination of no tours is that with the expansion to several buildings, and the overall increase in activity, they can no longer safely have visitors to the production area.
jking1224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 10:57 AM   #31

Trailer: 2020 Esacpe 19'(Hillbilly Heaven) ETI best named trailer of the year
Quote:

I would like to see that video along with a new orientation video.The one on the web site is for the first generation
NEWYORKHILLBILLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 11:12 AM   #32

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Maybe wise to wait until you see your completed unit to determine best location.
Or install them yourself after you've used the trailer. Before we got our trailer I thought I knew where I'd want to put some hooks, going off what others had done. Nope, glad I didn't get 'em installed. I didn't like my coats and such hanging so close to my bed (in the 21). Instead I have an over the door hanger (cat themed, of course!) that goes over the bathroom door where I can hang my coat, if need be. Usually my coat and hat are stashed in a cabinet anyway. I usually end up putting hand towels that need drying after washing dishes.
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 11:24 AM   #33

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
And, having stuff hanging from every open space in the trailer is not all that attractive, or calming.
Old 12-08-2017, 11:29 AM   #34

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
Quote:
You get “orientation” when you take delivery of your trailer, assuming you go there and not have it delivered to your home.

The orientation does not include a “tour”. Orientation is done in an indoor bay, your trailer is set up in a clean environment. While a staff member shows you the details of your new trailer, a different staff member goes about setting up your hitch, installing Umbra hooks, etc.

The explaination of no tours is that with the expansion to several buildings, and the overall increase in activity, they can no longer safely have visitors to the production area.
I hate to see factory tours disappearing, but that is the way of the world. The few that are left are often rooms or even buildings "Staged" as a tour, but are not the actual factory. Some even use actors playing the role of workers.

I suspect insurance & increased productivity is the reason for their demise, but factory tours are probably the primary reason I ended up spending my working career in technical theatre.

When ever we were on a road trip & my father got tired of driving, he would stop at the nearest factory and ask for a tour. It didn't matter much what they made, or even if they even had official tours (a number of ours were given by a company vice president). I learned a great deal about how things were made, gained an appreciation what a team of people could accomplish, and fell in love with the process of creating a product. I also have to say that most of the unofficial tour guides gave the best tours.

While I completely understand the need to eliminate tours, it is sad to see it happen.
Old 12-08-2017, 11:31 AM   #35

Trailer: 2018 Escape 17A double dinette
rbryan4, Thanks for those pics. Re the part that attaches to the table, is it compatible with the slider mechanism?
h2owmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 01:43 PM   #36

Here's what and where we had our installs, went a little hook crazy.
The slider does work, but i'm not fussy on the way the slider locks into place with the screw knob.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0123.jpg   IMG_0124.jpg   IMG_0125.jpg   IMG_0126.jpg   IMG_0127.jpg  

Old 12-08-2017, 01:50 PM   #37

Very nice!
Old 12-08-2017, 01:54 PM   #38

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19’
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakes99 View Post
Here's what and where we had our installs, went a little hook crazy.
The slider does work, but i'm not fussy on the way the slider locks into place with the screw knob.
Where did you buy your umbra hooks and table base from in Canada? Finding many only USA retailers.... not much luck locally.
Sowen23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 02:02 PM   #39

Hooks came from combination of Lowe’s.ca and Staples. The base came from Steve Lake marine in Duncan BC.
Old 12-08-2017, 02:11 PM   #40

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
the border anymore!), so in relation to travel distance, you're no doubt correct. I just have way too much experience with these folks. It's the luck of the draw too. Like Forest Gump said, "It's like a box of chocolates, ya never know what yer gonna get."

Frank
One of my favorite quotes.

However, relating to your post and the original post, because of my proximity to the border, family in the US, and my love of warm weather, I cross the border far more frequently than most. Sometimes, when the loonie is strong etc. there are huge lineups, even for Nexus folks. As I inch forward I can see that a huge majority of folks stop at the booth, some booths seem to be slower than others, but usually the average stop is measured in seconds or a couple of minutes. With my Nexus card I've had a couple of crossings where it was more like a rolling stop. So, aside from issues relating to bringing in restricted produce etc. or firearms, which are almost a universal consideration, the border's part of travelling. Travelling always has some unknowns, accept that, move on and enjoy new adventures.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote