Over the bathroom door towel bar ?? for E21C - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-07-2020, 12:11 AM   #1

Trailer: 2019 Escape-21C toad by 2017 Titan XD Crew Cab V8 4x4
Over the bathroom door towel bar ?? for E21C

Help..have been looking for a decent 'over the door' towel bar system/setup for the std bathroom door. Everything I have found is for a std door and is waaaaay too big for the 1.2" bathroom door in my E21C. So, any sources??

Also has anyone had any experiemnce with the Tisken Stugvik vacuum style towel hooks and shower caddies for inside the bathroom/shower???

search showed up nothing much. Thank you!!

Fred
Hollybee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2020, 05:21 AM   #2

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA (Little Elsie) Extensively Personalized
Not sure what you mean by “waaaay” to big. Are you referring to the thickness of the Escape door being too thin for the “over the door” part of the towel rack to fit tight enough not to be “sloppy?” Or do you mean too wide?

If you mean too sloppy, find the rack yo want and figure out a way to add a “spacer” to its “hooks.” If you use wood to do so, stain and finish to best match the door.

If you mean too wide, get a rack intended for a cabinet door rather than a room passage door. Amazon sells several.

There are cross members in the bathroom door to which hooks or racks can be attached with screws. Far more secure than hang-overs (not the alcoholic type!).

We prefer not to hang wet towels in contact with the door. As a result, we use large command hooks on the bathroom wall behind and on either side of the toilet. Due to its relatively cramped quarters and its limited hot water availability, we typically use campground showers if available. If using the inside shower, we simply move the dry (or damp from previous use) to the counter across from the bathroom door. The bathroom configuration in the 21 would not be conducive to this. If I were trying to keep an already damp towel “dry,” in a 21 while showering, I would perhaps lay it on top of a plastic garbage bag spread out on the bed for that purpose.

In my experience, vacuum hooks and bins may stay in place for a while, but sooner or later you will find they have fallen off the wall. YMMV.
Old 09-07-2020, 08:13 AM   #3

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
I added a couple slices of 1/4" thick stick on neoprene.
Old 09-07-2020, 10:29 AM   #4

Trailer: 2018 Escape 17A double dinette
I use a twist in/out tension rod across the front or back of my 17 in the "track" piece at the bottom edge of the storage cabinets. It would likely work across the bathroom in a 21, and stays in place when lengthened just enough to catch hold. I don't think it would mar the fiberglass, but someone here knows that better than I do. Easy to put up/take down.